Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Centaur returns

Hi everyone,

It's so good to be back. I won't go into great detail, but I was whisked away one evening by ambulance with some serious cardiac problems - congenital, not a heart attack. I spent most of the next two months in intensive care having lots of procedures done. I'm home now but a bit debilitated due to being flat on my back for so long. Gradually getting my strength back though and I'm walking unassisted for short distances.

I am expecting to be back to work next Monday. Lots of folks at AW headquarters pitched in to fill in for my numerous behind the scenes tasks and for that I am very grateful. They all did a superb job of it.

I've missed both the site and the forums. I'll never be able to read all that I missed, but I'm trying to hit the high points. I'm kind of a completist as far as the models go, so I working on downloading each models photos - not the videos, just the stills, but even that is taking forever. If there are any must-see videos I should download from the last couple of months, please let me know.

That's the story for now. I'm sure I'll be talking with more of you.

centaur

Hi Centaur,

It's great to see you back here my friend!

We missed you!

I'm looking forward to see you back at work.

Lxm

Comment

A Big Welcome Back Centaur !

Good to hear you're getting stronger and being able to work again.

yusa

Comment

Glad to you hear you are on the road to recovery. I am sure the cavalcade of new and returning models from the last couple of months will be a definite tonic (if taken in moderate doses )

Comment

That's good news, the Content Dude is back! Welcome 'home' Centaur, you've been missed. You asked about new videos: it's a matter of personal favourites, but I like the latest IM redux of Marigold and the solo redux of little Melita. And there's of course the latest G/G with Jilly and Patience. If you are Jilly fan (and who isn't?) have a look at her thread in the forum. There are lots of super sexy home made pics of her during the last weeks.

doinel

Comment

Great to see you back Centaur, and that you're on the road to recovery. Back up to speed in no time I bet!

Comment

centaur!!!

yay!!! rolls over fast, smak, smak, huggity, lick lick! i sure am glad to see you.

2 months in ICU is enough to make people go nuts. i am SO sorry you had to go through that...did you have to have an ablation or septal defect fixed? did you have WPW? when that is discovered, it's wham, off to casualty...i bet you never want to hear another monitor or see old guys with their mouths hanging open and their prosthetic legs propped in the corner. (this last seems funny to me becuase my full leg braces have a place for a running shoe on the end, for stability and they really look like fake legs propped in the corner. ) i think i have been in medicine too long.

anyway, none of my business. i was just showing off for ya, trying to impress you with my extensive blah blah...

wonderful to see you back. take it easy. get a tattoo around your incisions. you'll wow 'em at the swimming pool..

with much love and welcome,
              dancer

Comment

Hey centaur, welcome back my friend, so good to have you back, we've missed you. I had heard about your problems and it did get me worried. Bless your heart for being on your feet again. So you'll be back to work next week, it will be with open arms.

Comment

Holy crap, I can't believe you went through all that centaur! OMG, if only I'd known I could have been sending you my best thoughts and wishes this whole time! Not to matter, I am so glad to hear you got through it all and am home now recovering, I know you'll be back better than ever! It's great to have you back centaur... I missed you and can't wait for some more chats I'm not sure about must see vids, but there is plenty of must see things in my thread (Mistress Melinda pics, DIM news, upcoming GG news and of course my HUGE 3000/2000 post celebration)...

Anyway, take it easy mate, great to have ya back ! See ya round...

Luv Melinda

Comment

Cantaur..Missed you and glad your on the mend. Don't get anxiety on AW stuff. You have heard it before "one day at a time" GLAD YOUR BACK!

Comment

Thanks everyone for your well wishes and encouragement. It means a lot to me.

I can't wait to get back into the fun.

c

Comment

I have been covering some of centaur's work while he has been away. Please never leave ever again. This experience has definitely put your role into perspective for me. I dip my hat to you sir.

Comment

Originally posted by wannadance View Post
                          2 months in ICU is enough to make people go nuts. i am SO sorry you had to go through that...did you have to have an ablation or septal defect fixed?
                          anyway, none of my business. i was just showing off for ya, trying to impress you with my extensive blah blah...
                          Just to satisfy your advanced medical knowledge,wannadance, I had a cardiac cath that showed clean coronaries, then an regular ablation that wasn't able to reach the problem area. Then I had some kind of new cryo ablation which they thought permanently fixed the problem that kept putting me into V tach. No such luck. It helped a lot, but I take a lot of meds (anti-arythmics, etc.), which seem to have things under control. If I hadn't already had an ICD installed from a previous experience, I wouldn't be writing you now. It gave me 81 shocks over an hour or two before they got the V tach to subside. Oh,and one more wrinkle. Some of the high doses of cardiac meds gave me renal failure. Then I had to start going to dialysis. They didn't know if it was reversible, but thank God it was, and my creatinine is down greatly. They even pulled out the Permacath(sp). I don't expect anyone else to understand any of the above.

with much love and welcome,
                          dancer
                          Love right back to you. Thanks for writing.

c

Comment

Hi Centaur, and a welcoming whoopee from me too.

Had no inkling that you were going through such an ordeal. I understand some of what you've written, especially about the creatinine count coming down. You've had a succession of close calls, by the sound of it, buddy, and it's wonderful that you're still alive, and that we will be able to enjoy your presence once more.

Please take care.

takochan

Comment

You're right centaur, all the explanations (and I'm sure it's very explicit for anyone who understand) related here, for me equal "pain & surviving". After that, it's even better to have you back.

Comment

Welcome back, Centaur. I had a quintuple heart bypass a few years ago, but now I play golf everyday and am feeling my best ever. So I know you'll be top chipper eventually. Do what the doc says, take your meds and spend a lot of time looking at gorgeous nekkid girls. That's the universal cure all.

Comment

centaur!

that boggles the mind. you were awake for all those cardioversions??? jeez. i guess you felt cheered up and not depressed after that. i reckon all those conversions could have contributed to the elevated CK, ( damaged muscle tissue breaks down those pathways and gives you a higher level of creatinine kinase) as well as the meds. and VT is a terrible experience, esp. if you are awake. i get PVC's, bigeminy and trigeminy but oddly they are all benign. did they teach you the coughing/Valsalva trick in case you should start thumping along? am assuming you had a conduction pathway defect, which, right, has been there since you were born. am so glad you got to er asap.

are you still having dialysis? hemo or peritoneal? i guess a shunt would be easier to manage (for *them*!). tattoos again over your shunt scar, a big long vine with cannabis leaves?

once CK settles, maybe you'll be able to cease with the shunt. it really sounds like you had a good cardiology team and i am so grateful. i bet you are weak and wobbly. what an ordeal!!!

quivering. all those shocks...still quivering.

too bad they couldn't just stand over you and say 'convert! convert!'

love and gratitude for your life.

dancer, who knows about shit like this...
                                  Last edited by wannadance; 18 October 2007, 02:10 PM.

Comment

pisces..

damn! 5 vessels, all at once? did they just put in a zipper instead of stitches.? now talk about something that hurts...only thing worse would have been my son in law whose lungs went down spontaneously (he has that type of body ) and before it was all over, he had 5 (count 'em) 5 chest tubes hanging out of him. finally surgery.

just a lil ray of sunshine over here...(words cannot really express how much i miss working in this field...cuts through me sometimes)

gee, glad i am in a wheelchair with polio and respiratory failure and may/will die in about a year. although, yall, that prognosis is looking better. i think singing maybe 10 songs every day is helping. jasmine runs away. my neighbors quietly close windows. i just don't get it. it's not that bad.

5 vessels. wow.
                                    dancer

Comment

Welcome back dude! Ouch, I don't even know half the terminology you've mentioned in your response to wannadance, but it's good to hear you're on the mend...

Ever since I heard the heart-sinking news, the last two months have been incredibly crazy for me - instead of doing the usual boring coding and software development, I've now had to exercise my creative spirits and write whatever comes to mind, twice a day... it is far more difficult than it seems, and I guess you probably know that

Comment

that boggles the mind. you were awake for all those cardioconversions??? jeez. i guess you felt cheered up and not depressed after that. i reckon all those conversions could have contributed to the elevated CK, ( damaged muscle tissue breaks down those pathways and gives you a higher level of creatinine kinase) as well as the meds. and VT is a terrible experience, esp. if you are awake. i get PVC's, bigeminy and trigeminy but oddly they are all benign. did they teach you the coughing/Valsalva trick in case you should start thumping along? am assuming you had a conduction pathway defect, which, right, has been there since you were born. am so glad you got to er asap.

are you still having dialysis? hemo or peritoneal? i guess a shunt would be easier to manage (for *them*!). tattoos again over your shunt scar, a big long vine with cannabis leaves?

once CK settles, maybe you'll be able to cease with the shunt. it really sounds like you had a good cardiology team and i am so grateful. i bet you are weak and wobbly. what an ordeal!!!

quivering. all those shocks...still quivering.

too bad they couldn't just stand over you and say 'convert! convert!'

love and gratitude for your life.

dancer, who knows about shit like this...
                                        Yes, I was awake for most of the shocks, not just little cardioversions, but the full sticking your finger in the electrical socket kick in the chest. They couldn't get an IV in for the longest time because every time they almost had it my body would flop up into the air. I went to an excellent trauma center, one of the best in the country for this sort of thing, so I was very lucky. Yes, I've gotten PVC's, bigeminy, etc. for years, but without major problem. I didn't mean that my CK was high, although it probably was, I meant my BUN and creatinine. I actually only had 4 hemodialyis before they realised my creatinine was definitely on the way down, so they let me stop. I can't remember the highest creat that I heard about, but I think it was at least 7. You're right, I had a conduction pathway defect that was in a hard to reach spot to ablate.

I'm glad your prognosis is looking better, we want to keep you around for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Diablo View Post
                                          Welcome back dude! Ouch, I don't even know half the terminology you've mentioned in your response to wannadance, but it's good to hear you're on the mend...

Ever since I heard the heart-sinking news, the last two months have been incredibly crazy for me - instead of doing the usual boring coding and software development, I've now had to exercise my creative spirits and write whatever comes to mind, twice a day... it is far more difficult than it seems, and I guess you probably know that
                                          Thanks for saying so Diablo. It's the hardest part of my job and people probably think it's the easiest. I much prefer the technical and scheduling things that I do. You all did a great job with the raves. I was impressed.

Comment

Howdy Centaur. We haven't met cos I haven't been here long but good that you're up and about again.
                                            pee x

Comment

creatinine...

it was 7? hmmmm. barely compatible with life. man, you were lucky. of course everyone says that and you probably want to poot in their faces..and i wouldn't blame you. lucky my aunt fannie. daggone miracle.

wow.
                                              d.

Comment

Centaur!

Good to see you back and better to hear that you're on the upswing. Whoo! If we'd known what was going on we'd have all been terrified for you.

Comment

Centaur, thank goodness they fixed you! Enjoy going back to work! & Welcome back to the boards.

Comment

Glad to have you feeling much better and back here sir.

I appreciate the work folks like you do for us all behind the scenes.

Was part of your role updating the "Shot by" and "Video by" lists, cos part of my appreciation of the behind the scenes staff are the photographers and videographers. I've had no idea about who to compliment for shoots recently.

I will see if I have any recommendations for your viewing.

Welcome back.

SF

Comment

Thanks again to everyone for the continued good wishes. I wish I could reply to each person, but I'm not as talented as the wonderful Melinda.

Sweatyfox - You're right. I do update the "shot by" and "video by" lists. I'll try to get that going as soon as I can.

Comment

Hi Centaur! Welcome back, do try to stay healthy now ok? Even though staff at AWHQ valiantly tried to do your tasks, I can tell they missed you dearly. Don't try to catch up everything at once though, would be a bit stressfull me thinks

As for shoots you'd want to see on video, the Bellydancing Girls come to mind. Very nice tier1-shot that. Ask Prue and she'll happily give you ALL the details and some more, she's rather fond of it ;-)

I can imagine that writing the raves is the hardest part of your job. Now way to figure out a perfect way to do it and then repeat-until-done . Not to worry, you'll get back into it, Diablo will happily help you out.. right ?

Good to have you back Centaur, you've been missed.

Comment

Hello Centaur! I don't think we've met, but I'm glad to hear you're health is improving, and I hope you have a speedy recovery. There is nothing more valuable than your health, and we wish you all the best. Take care and don't overdo it.

Comment

Welcome back sir !

We missed you !

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                                            Working...
                                                            X