Really, Really Mundane!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really, Really Mundane!

i was thinking we should have a thread where we could just post on lots of unrelated things, so there would be no OT.

examples:

i gotta dadgum migraine today, ruins everything. do headaches go away if i have an orgasm?

or

i haven't got one single clean pair of underwear anywhere in my apt. this is what happens when 45yo men move away from home..

i got such a bad case for patience: that is all.

my upstairs neighbor sings african gospel music 24/7, complete with loud recordings. i love it but can't sleep and my cat is clawing at the door.

stuff like this.

so what do yall think? sometimes i just want to bitch and moan or record one single event without starting a whole big megilla on it...

lemme know.
    dancer

I've got a lot of books to return to the library, and there's too many to carry in one trip. My roommate with the car just left for home.

(So, yeah, it's an awesome idea.)

Comment

Originally posted by wannadance View Post
      i was thinking we should have a thread where we could just post on lots of unrelated things, so there would be no OT.

examples:

i gotta dadgum migraine today, ruins everything. do headaches go away if i have an orgasm?

or

i haven't got one single clean pair of underwear anywhere in my apt. this is what happens when 45yo men move away from home..

i got such a bad case for patience: that is all.

my upstairs neighbor sings african gospel music 24/7, complete with loud recordings. i love it but can't sleep and my cat is clawing at the door.

stuff like this.

so what do yall think? sometimes i just want to bitch and moan or record one single event without starting a whole big megilla on it...

lemme know.
      dancer
      So dancer, are these just examples of stuff to post here, or do all of these things apply to you? If you really do have an upstairs neighbour like that, I'd be crawling up the wall!

Comment

I had a fabulous day having sexy with fotina? (not very mundane actually)

I REALLY REALLY need to clean my bedroom before christmas!!!!

Comment

hey dudes, I have a cold but what can I do? maybe I just need a nice soothing bath and some tai chi music...

I've started watching that fucked up prison show Oz and am amazed at how addicted I am...maybe I'll just watch that later! it's weird how there's some of the same actors as Lost.

was that mundane enough Dancer???

Comment

I bailed into my clothes hamper because I woke up drunk the morning after our Class Recital like, two weeks ago. I had a jager bomb for breakfast, I went to school drunk, played in someone's conducting class drunk (I still played fine), and I still haven't put everything in its right place from that day.

Comment

When you're alone and life is making you lonely you can always go dowentown
              when you've got worries all the noise and hurry seem to help i know downtown
              just listen to the music of the traffic in the city,linger on the sidewalk where the neon lights are pretty,how can you lose ?

downtown : petula clarke.

Comment

gake!

does 'bail' mean 'throw up'??

you are gonna have SUCH a mess. might as well throw all that stuff away and start over...jeez, man.

cannot think of anything to say, but need to eat brekkie, then...

dancer

Comment

Originally posted by AnnekeAW View Post
                  hey dudes, I have a cold but what can I do? maybe I just need a nice soothing bath and some tai chi music..
                  Poor Anneke, I know what you're speaking of, I had a cold for the last week and stayed at home a coupla days. I can recommend:

a) much sleep!
                  b) a strong tea (earl grey if you like) with honey, brown rhum (at least 4cl) and lemon juice. Drink it hot!
                  c) don't forget to eat, even if the appetite is low!
                  d) treat yourself special!

Anyway I hope you're feeling better soon, xmas is just around the corner. Lots of love.

doinel

Comment

Finally, a thread I can really relate to.
                    I mean, it's lunchtime and the company I work at is giving us a holiday lunch FOR FREE. I've been working here as a consultant for 8 years, I can count the free meals I've gotten from this place on the fingers of... well, on my fingers and toes. And Anneke's. If she'd let me.
                    So I've been wanting to tell someone about the free lunch, but everyone here sort of knows about it, so that's no fun. So I'll tell ALL OF YOU! Mundanely! With some inanity thrown in!
                    Is "mundaneness" a word? "Mundaninity?"

Comment

you are gonna have SUCH a mess. might as well throw all that stuff away and start over...jeez, man.

dancer
                      Just think of my lovely passion in your lovely garden or yours in mine.

Comment

I am now eating cinnamon graham crackers. I love cinnamon graham crackers. Mundane as they are.

Comment

dancer
                          No, no... It just means that when I tried to sit up and get out of bed, I fell out of bed into my clothes hamper, tipped over my dresser, and bailed into my closet, where I managed to pull a few of my clothes down and break the hangars they were on. I can see how that was confusing though.

Comment

Yeah, Ok, I have a story for y'all...

This summer, first week of August, my daughter is in town visiting me for 2 weeks and Tennessee begins the longest streak of +100 degree temps in like 50 or more years. And, what happens on the third day of her visit???? My central AC unit dies. Kaput! So, not knowing any of the companies, I call the first one that seems to have a decent ad in the phonebook. They arrive to look at it and after about 30-45 minutes the techs tell me that the "high voltage circuit board" is fried and I need a new one, at $430.00 bucks! So, with cash in short supply, I politely say "no thanks" hoping it won't be too bad, only it stays bad for most of August. But, we deal with it. Then as summer turns to fall, I have no need for AC or heat (the unit is combined, and the thing didn't work for squat) so I don't do anything about it.

Finally, it starts to get colder, but as I said, cash is a bit on the low side, and I don't want to waste $$ on a second opinion since they'll likely have the same story. But, now it's getting on to December, and close to freezing at night, so I call my dad. He offers to send me my "Christmas" present early, in the form of cash to help fix the unit. So, I finally make the call, last week, and guess what???? The tech from the company that services my brand comes out. Calls me at work and says "I fixed your unit. When I got there, and opened it up, I found the 5amp Fuse missing. (Yes, he said MISSING... M I S S I N G ! ! ! ! !) and popped a new one in, and presto... all fixed! So, I'll get a bill from them for $68.00 plus the fuse... so maybe $70-75 bucks.

Now, while THAT is great news, what PISSES ME OFF TO NO END!!!!!!!!!! is the fact that the first company (which was new in town when I called them) apparently saw the blown fuse and decided to rip me off for the price of a new circuit card. THAT tans my hide in so many ways... WTF are people thinking???? "Oh, we'll rip him off so he'll recommend us to other people" Gahhh!!!! They really need to be careful as I live in a town of less than 10000 people. Word travels fast. Heck, I am even considering a letter to the editor of the local paper. Luckily, they only charged me $68.00 for the service call, but still, I am just pissed off in ways that I can't easily express!!!

Dancer, thanks for this thread so I could get this off my chest.

Love ya, and lookin forward to givin you a big ol'hug in LV!!!!
                            Z

Comment

Ya know, Zonman, if you were truly the rascal I take you to be you'd let your dad think it cost the original $430 and take the extra and buy yourself an iPod or something. You really should get on Angies List and give the guy a bad review. (The appliance repair guy, not your dad.) But, wait, you're short on cash so you can't afford Angies List, which probably costs a bunch to join because they keep offering me $10 off. Maybe the better business bureau. Maybe just forget about it and enjoy the holidays.

But what does all of this have to do with your daughter? You probably just mentioned her to remind me that I don't have a daughter. I see the fathers with their girls looking up to them with those big limpid eyes (is limpid a word) and I get a little jealous. I means boys are okay, but... you know the song "You can have fun with a son but you've gotta be a father to a girl... My little girl..." That's all the words I know. Sorry about my voice.

Comment

Limpid is a word.

Now, a question for you all... what makes the use of a word pompous? (unrelated to the use of limpid)

Comment

That's an odd way to ask the question, OC. Are you asking about a pompous word, or the pompous way a person uses the word? This is probably one of those quaint Canadian usages of the language, like "eh", and "organ-eye-zation". Bob and Doug probably know exactly what you mean.

Comment

pompous...

i think it's safe to call someone's use of language 'pompous' when he/she uses a big word instead of a smaller more accurate word, or an antiquitized word instead of a modern more accurate word, or god help us all, a fake accent, usually british. fake brits always sound way too much like the overly brit. i don't think anyone in UK speaks with more pompousity as a friend of mine used to do. and his mother had some sort of short circuit in her language center which resulted in things like 'the dirty clothes hamster' and so forth. then one day i saw danny and he had on overalls, plaid shirt, etc and was speaking in a very exaggerated hillbilly accent. STILL pompous...

a pompous person is a person you want to stick a pin into and let all the hot air out.

now: what does 'pompetus' mean? like 'the pompetus of love'. or maybe it's pompatus? anyway, i am perishing to know. where is pee? he usually fills my longstanding needs...slurp.

post migraine blabbering,
                                    dancer

Comment

Originally posted by arsby View Post
                                      Ya know, Zonman, if you were truly the rascal I take you to be you'd let your dad think it cost the original $430 and take the extra and buy yourself an iPod or something. You really should get on Angies List and give the guy a bad review. (The appliance repair guy, not your dad.) But, wait, you're short on cash so you can't afford Angies List, which probably costs a bunch to join because they keep offering me $10 off. Maybe the better business bureau. Maybe just forget about it and enjoy the holidays.

But what does all of this have to do with your daughter? You probably just mentioned her to remind me that I don't have a daughter. I see the fathers with their girls looking up to them with those big limpid eyes (is limpid a word) and I get a little jealous. I means boys are okay, but... you know the song "You can have fun with a son but you've gotta be a father to a girl... My little girl..." That's all the words I know. Sorry about my voice.
                                      Arsby, I am a rascal, but sometimes too darn civilized for my own good. And, I already told my dad, so he said to use the rest to get myself something for Christmas since if I sent the rest back, he'd be forced to buy me something and he's always just crushed for time. So, I'm thinking to get a Nintendo Wii.

I don't know why I mentioned my daughter. I mean, she IS my angel and the apple of my eye. Guess I'm just a proud papa. I didn't mean to make ya jealous. Sometimes I just get all verbose when I should be concise. Must love to see my words all typed out on the screen.

Z

Comment

Oc

sure am glad you didn't do what i initially thought into your clothes hamper.

your description of attempting to get out of bed and on your feet is hilarious! very visual and entertaining. dudley moore would have done it perfectly...

thank you for the laugh and also, what did you wear? the clothes that fell down?
                                        are you a musician or a student or an actual conductor or a composer? my SIL is a composer and musician in canterbury UK at christchurch and his best friend is a conductor here in the states, baltimore i think...

i can sorta sing?

dancer

Comment

I found something called Apple Fritter Bread at my neighborhood WalMart. The stuff is made by Grandpa's Oven in Grand Rapids, Michigan and it is totally addictive! It's shaped like a regular loaf of bread with streudel on top and has cinnamon with bits of apple and raisins baked into it.

BTW. I am not associated with Grandpa's Oven and they didn't pay me. I just found the bread by chance and fell in love with the stuff. I think I've bought about half a dozen loaves since I first tried the bread about a month ago.

Comment

My little tiny cousin is afraid of santa. That makes me kinda sad. Other than bringing a garbage bag into my room, no progress has been made in cleaning it.

I'm stting in my underwear.

I bought two lipsticks today and they're BOTH the wrong colour for me. Depressing or what. They're sexy playboy lipsticks too.

Comment

cleo

lots of little kids are afraid of santa but they get over it when they realize that this is the guy who brings presences...or not.

personally, i would rather bite a hog than to clean house. i like the idea of throwing stuff into a big garbage bag and pitching it out or hiding it in the closet...then 4 years down the road you'll find it and it'll be like christmas...'

i am not really impressed with playboy brand lipsticks. it's sort of high end, right? i'd go for lorac or nars or duWop or chanel hydrobase or chanel glossimers (the be all and end all of lipglosses with nars running a close second. have you ever tried a rosy bronze color?clinique and lancome both have some nice ones...'
                                              i could talk about makeup forever. i still say a rosy broze or brownish red would be great...

my typing is degenerating.
                                              love from
                                              dancer

Comment

I knew you'd reply to my comment about make up dancer I dont think the playboy ones are THAT high end, but they have such cute containers that I just had to have one. I do usually use a browny red with metalic tones, and I havent totally experimented with the colours i bought yet, they may be usable if teamed with the right something else. we'll see.

Comment

i think it's safe to call someone's use of language 'pompous' when he/she uses a big word instead of a smaller more accurate word, or an antiquitized word instead of a modern more accurate word, or god help us all, a fake accent, usually british. fake brits always sound way too much like the overly brit. i don't think anyone in UK speaks with more pompousity as a friend of mine used to do. and his mother had some sort of short circuit in her language center which resulted in things like 'the dirty clothes hamster' and so forth. then one day i saw danny and he had on overalls, plaid shirt, etc and was speaking in a very exaggerated hillbilly accent. STILL pompous...

a pompous person is a person you want to stick a pin into and let all the hot air out.

now: what does 'pompetus' mean? like 'the pompetus of love'. or maybe it's pompatus? anyway, i am perishing to know. where is pee? he usually fills my longstanding needs...slurp.

post migraine blabbering,
                                                  dancer
                                                  According to the wisdom of teh intarnets, it's just a word that got made up somewhere along the line by a french poet, that got used in that song...

Also, in accordance with the fake british accent, british people and scots speak with a far more subdued accent than most people would think. You're most definitely right.

I literally wore the first clothes that I saw that weren't dress clothes that I'd dragged down... it was ridiculous. Looking back on it, I would've likely given myself the eyebrow if I'd seen myself, still-drunk at the music school, with somewhat odd clothing combinations on... but oh well, makes for a good recollection, eh? Heh, I'm happy that you're concerned about the potential acid stains on my clothing though, that's sweet of you.

I'm a music student, a performance major. I don't really really dabble in composition, I do arrange, however. But indeed, I am a music student, I play Euphonium as my major, Bass Trombone as my double. Pics to follow, sometime ever.

Comment

Originally posted by cleo View Post
                                                    I'm stting in my underwear.
                                                    Cleo, that is not a mundane statement. It is extraordinary.

Comment

Euphonium!!

i have never met/known anyone who played one and have actually no idea what they look like or whether they are brass or reed or which range they cover....

educate us! when you sober up...

dancer
                                                      in awe.

also, yall, and this is based on personal experience brass players are just phenomenal kissers...

Comment

OfCanada and Dancer: When I saw "euphonium" I was thinking of a long cylindrical glass thing which you spun on its long axis and wet your fingers and played that way, it has a high droning sound. I think Ben Franklin made one. But I think you're right, Dancer, it's a brass instrument, like a wrapped up horn. In the "Seventy Six Trombones" song in "Music Man" there's Double-bell euphoniums and big bassoons / each bassoon having it's big fat say!.

Cleo: What Arty said. Underwear. You realize I would have been pestering you mercilessly for pictures, but I saw the pics you posted in your thread and, I'll say it again, OMG!
                                                        I'm with Dancer, "I must check the inside of your genitalia for color."

Comment

nerds!!

can one of yall link me the info about vegas? i keep losing the list of names and pics. am so afraid i will forget a face or aname. there are only a few i don't rec. right away...(started to say: 'only a few i don't know', but really, none of us knows each other, do we?)

thanks from the forgetful,
                                                          dancer

Comment

lots of little kids are afraid of santa but they get over it when they realize that this is the guy who brings presences...or not. ...dancer
                                                            Dancer I laughed when I read this cause it reminded me of something I read in the newspaper.

This woman sat down in Santa's lap here in Texas and was charged with molesting Santa. It seems that when she sat in his lap she started playing with his family jewels.

She must have been one ugly old heifer. If it was me and she was halfway good looking I would have told her that I'd give her two bits to stop or six bits to continue.

I laughed so loud in the cafe that everyone turned to look at me wondering what I was laughing at. and when my favorite waitress came over and asked me what was so funny I read her the article and she started to laugh. She then told everyone else and they all started to laugh. This is a small Texas cafe and everyone knows everyone that comes in at 5:00 AM in the morning.

Is that mundane enough for you?

Cheers JC

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                                            Working...
                                                            X