Are the Girls in Girl Girl Lesbians?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paige 2

"sexuality is so fluid" quotation of the L word, isn't Giselle Paige ? ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by angie View Post
      If anyone's interested In my 'real' life I'm a queer heterosexual that loves women and only fucks bisexual hermaphrodites.
      Can I fit in there somewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by kristin View Post
        Can I fit in there somewhere?
        Probably, but you'd have to take your shoes off!!

Comment

Wow Cleo, that's so amazing of you to share such a personal side of your and your boyfriend's experience, gotta say I agree with what you've said about acceptance of queerness being gendered- as a queer womyn (linking back to the thread's focus- I am a t1 and 3 model who identifies as queer and totes loves jumping the saucy beasts I get to shoot with, although can't say I've ever felt in love with any of them ) with queer male/ male identifying friends, I know I'm a lot freer to be safely open about my schmexuality then they are- less likely to encounter aggression or hostility in freely saying I'm queer- I guess because Lesbianism is so fetishised for the male gaze whilst male on male queerness is considered more threatening by the mainstream to their ideals of masculinity..
          *end of rant!*

xxx

Comment

Angie- that's super hot! I find that super interesting in your identity, a queer het? I guess you'd cop a lot of misunderstandings and hostilities from both communities. I have to say the term boggles my mind, I guess my expression of queerness as my personal identity is not restricting my attractions to a particular gender. I find it interesting how you apply it to such a seemingly restricted attraction? Agh- hoping this isn't sounding judgey? I'm just genuinely interested!
            xxx
            Lynley

Comment

Originally posted by lynley View Post
              I guess because Lesbianism is so fetishised for the male gaze whilst male on male queerness is considered more threatening by the mainstream to their ideals of masculinity..
              *end of rant!*

xxx
              I think you are so rignt lynley, I am a so call "straight" male who enjoys the idea of two women making love, and wow what about three women making love etc. The only thing my imagination thinks is better is two women making love, with me involved. It's a funny way the male brain works.
              I am very open to peoples sexuality and have no hangups about male homosexuality, however it's not for me. Have no problem with the idea that if I ever met another male I found attractive, to kissing and cuddling, but beyond that I find a penis threatening.
              Do women, especially "straight" women, find the penis threatening? Or is it more to do with what is attached to the penis that can be threatening.

Comment

Originally posted by lynley View Post
                Angie- that's super hot! I find that super interesting in your identity, a queer het? I guess you'd cop a lot of misunderstandings and hostilities from both communities. I have to say the term boggles my mind, I guess my expression of queerness as my personal identity is not restricting my attractions to a particular gender. I find it interesting how you apply it to such a seemingly restricted attraction? Agh- hoping this isn't sounding judgey? I'm just genuinely interested!
                xxx
                Lynley
                Hi Gorgeous!

You don't sound 'judgey'!c

What the fuck is a queer het? Well, when I use the term it's actually supposed to be confusing! But I'm not the first person to apply the term to themselves... queer heterosexuality generally refers to hetero couples who express their gender or sexual identities in non-traditional ways which disturb the strictures of heteronormativity (for example: feminine boys, masculine dominant girls, cross-dressers, non-monogamous hetero relationships, hetero sex workers, married swingers, etc.)

It even has a wiki entry:

However, when I personally refer to myself as a queer hetero I use it in a more ironic way.

I have never truly found a place in a sexual community. In fact for most of my life my sexuality has been defined for me. In high school I was beaten up for being a lesbian (a label I hadn't given myself), and after high school I was accused of kissing girls for male attention (in fact I was trying to get the girls into bed!). In all honesty, the people who truly understand me know me as 'bisexual' however the fact that I enjoy playing up an emphasised femininity has meant that many people in the bisexual/lesbian/feminist communities see me as insincere. When the main lover in my life is male I'm seen as 'curious' about girls and when the main lover in my life is female I'm seen as 'former hetero'. My 'default' sexuality has been defined for me as either lesbian or hetero (usually hetero since I'm a femme) and I'm seen to deviate from that default position.

So why am I calling myself a queer het since I'm bisexual? My main lover at the moment is male and our gender identities look very traditional from the outside (I'm a femme, he's a muscle pig) so it's automatic that people have defined my default sexuality as hetero. So it's more ironic that I'm calling myself a queer het - because I'm also a lesbian sex worker whore. But that's the point of being queer right?

Sorry I'm sure that was confusing but I'd rather confuse my sexual identity than stabilise it!

Comment

Angie! Beautiful Angie!... How telling and bittersweet! Lots to think about in what you shared there.

On the face of it, I'd be tempted to conclude that Angie is, simply, "bi" like, probably, a third or more of humanity. In fact, that probably is my "diagnosis"!

(I'll be opening my professional "Identity Identifications Incorporated", ("III"), office very soon! Please spread the word!)

I'm gonna offer my two cents-worth from my perspective as a middle-aged American male who has has just a bit more than typical exposure to... how can I put it? All sides? I've, also, traveled a bit beyond our shores.

Here it is....

[DRUMROLL.....]

"Don't worry about it!!!" Honestly, I wouldn't, EVER, seriously attempt to make light of the need we all have to sort out our various identities, including sexuality, gender identity, and a few others. Still, it's easy to be nearly consumed by such preoccupations, especially when one's friends are all about that. "Queer-Het", my patootie! Sounds like friends with too much time on their hands, etc.! Relax! "Chill!" Whatever. Don't LET yourself be "pigeonholed, ever, by anyone!

Ask Sue-Ann! She's the one over there with one hand under her desk, even as she works, and the odd flush every now and then, throughout the day. She'll tell you I'm right! She's even smarter than I am. OK. She's WAY smarter than I am...!

Find a term for it, whatever, but allow yourself to be YOU and no-one else! Try no IDs, no preconceived-notions, no stereotypes! You are "ANGIE". That's it!

Be yourself. Go where you want to go. (Old Mamas and Papas tune rings in my head, now!)

Just live each day with a measure of common sense and blow off any who presume to judge and classify!

Sermon over! Back to my cave, now!

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by FloridaRob View Post
                    Angie! Beautiful Angie!... How telling and bittersweet! Lots to think about in what you shared there.

On the face of it, I'd be tempted to conclude that Angie is, simply, "bi" like, probably, a third or more of humanity. In fact, that probably is my "diagnosis"!

(I'll be opening my professional "Identity Identifications Incorporated", ("III"), office very soon! Please spread the word!)

I'm gonna offer my two cents-worth from my perspective as a middle-aged American male who has has just a bit more than typical exposure to... how can I put it? All sides? I've, also, traveled a bit beyond our shores.

Here it is....

[DRUMROLL.....]

"Don't worry about it!!!" Honestly, I wouldn't, EVER, seriously attempt to make light of the need we all have to sort out our various identities, including sexuality, gender identity, and a few others. Still, it's easy to be nearly consumed by such preoccupations, especially when one's friends are all about that. "Queer-Het", my patootie! Sounds like friends with too much time on their hands, etc.! Relax! "Chill!" Whatever. Don't LET yourself be "pigeonholed, ever, by anyone!

Ask Sue-Ann! She's the one over there with one hand under her desk, even as she works, and the odd flush every now and then, throughout the day. She'll tell you I'm right! She's even smarter than I am. OK. She's WAY smarter than I am...!

Find a term for it, whatever, but allow yourself to be YOU and no-one else! Try no IDs, no preconceived-notions, no stereotypes! You are "ANGIE". That's it!

Be yourself. Go where you want to go. (Old Mamas and Papas tune rings in my head, now!)

Just live each day with a measure of common sense and blow off any who presume to judge and classify!

Sermon over! Back to my cave, now!

Rob

Thanks for the positive feedback Rob. The problem is that we live in a world where sexual identities matter. We have to care what other people think... people are fired because of their sexual identities, people are discriminated against because if their sexual identities, people are not hired because of their sexual identities, people are refused housing because of their sexual identities, people are harassed because of their sexual identities, people are being beaten up because of their sexual identities, people are not allowed to marry because of their sexual identities, people are shunned because of their sexual identities, people are refused IVF because of their sexual identities, people are arrested because of their sexual identities, people lose court cases because of their sexual identities, people are even kILLED because of their sexual identities...

Sexual identities matter and they are a necessary evil for political action

But aside from that I am happy being ME!

Comment

Angie!!! It is good to see you make some wonderful comments. What you say is absolutely true. THEY DO MATTER!!I am proud too of who I am. I am just glad you are too. Hope everyone reads your post.

Comment

i am lesbian i always let people know that!

Comment

Quoting Angie..."In all honesty, the people who truly understand me know me as 'bisexual' however the fact that I enjoy playing up an emphasised femininity has meant that many people in the bisexual/lesbian/feminist communities see me as insincere. When the main lover in my life is male I'm seen as 'curious' about girls and when the main lover in my life is female I'm seen as 'former hetero'. My 'default' sexuality has been defined for me as either lesbian or hetero (usually hetero since I'm a femme) and I'm seen to deviate from that default position."

This is ridiculously true to my own experience! I came out as a young teen as lesbian when I fell in love with a girl. The relationship ebbed away at some point, and I fell for a guy then I came out as bisexual. Years later I've fit into either the straight or lesbian world in part because of looking femme, adoring corsetry & lingerie etc... I embrace it now and really don't care how people define me. Angie that was very well said, so thank you for articulating an often misunderstood way of being.

Comment

I'm loving the thoughtful discussion in the most recent posts here! Sexual identity is a interesting topic, as is a lot of the other stuff eveyone has touched on.

Cocobijoulala, I also feel the ability to walk in Christian Louboutin stilettos and wield a mascara wand like a sexy samurai equals a lack of credibility in the gay community

Angie and Lynley, any more thoughts on identity?

Comment

This was such a great thread back in the day. I thought I would bump it to get more model input from current models, should they care to share.

Comment

I'm bisexual and LOVE girl/grl shoots.
                                I have a boyfriend and he doesn't mind me doing it half the time he films most of it anyway as my photographer/videographer.
                                I love watching his reaction when we watch the videos back of any he hasnt filmed.

Comment

I agree 100% with Pippa, also on the: my-boyfriend-doesn't-mind-he's-my-videographer-photographer part
                                  I have never considered myself straight ever in my life. I have always been attracted to people and what message they sent into the world.
                                  I am attracted to aura... personality, charisma, energy. It doesn't matter which sex someone is, or how old the person is or from which country.
                                  I am in a relationship with a man who's 13 years older for almost two years now. Before him I had been briefly with a girl of my own age, and two other guys (one 2 years older, the other 6 years older).
                                  I find myself being very curious to how it would be to be in a relationship with a woman, since I have never experienced that for very long. Since I'm in a relationship that I do not intend to break, I guess I will probably never find out which means I'm craving pussy often, haha. I guess that when I would be in a relationship with a woman, I would be craving penis
                                  I consider myself to be very fond of people and sex in general. If I do need to use terms, I think I'm equally bisexual, since gender does not matter to me at all.

Comment

Originally posted by fenna View Post
                                    If I do need to use terms, I think I'm equally bisexual, since gender does not matter to me at all.
                                    I TOTALLY agree.
                                    I said to my boyfriend once 'I'm not sure if I'meven bi-sexual I think I just love sex!' hahaha.
                                    As a 'bi-sexual' person I just get turned on by someone if they are cute, funny, a nice person. I don't worry about if its a guy or gal.
                                    Its nice in a way to have unrestricted chances of finding love

Comment

Exactely!!!

Comment

Great in theory and in practice for some..... But NO...... Not for me... I am more than happy with my "restricted chances of finding love "

Pinky

Comment

I have been known to say, why do we have to label ourselves as hetero, homo, bi, pan, or whatever sexual? Can't we just be sexual?

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                          Working...
                                          X