Suggestion: color-code shoots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestion: color-code shoots

I have been looking forward to the release of Caitlin K's shoot today. Just before I started the download, I created a new folder labeled with her name, only to find "A folder with the name you specified already exists..." Point being, I had completely forgotten she had done a prior shoot, making this a redux.

When I first joined, the "main" or "debut" shoots were presented on a blue background, redux was a some kind of orange-red (if I remember correctly,) GG was pink, dressing room was green, mezzanine was purple, etc. I realize categories have technically changed to "solo""solo 2" etc with the site split, but it would be a shame to miss out on a model's earlier appearances if some new member (or forgetful old members ) don't know to look for them. Could we return to colors signifying a redux shoot? Thank you to the powers that be for your time and consideration in this matter.

HM

What you're suggesting is coloring a single specific category, don't think that's the way you want to go to make people see more shoots of the model (if there are any). That would make redux shoots look like another site, which is precisely why none of the categories are colored

If look closely at the shoot's main page you'll see it belongs to 'Redux' and the forum-title of it's thread says 'comes back' which are some indications she's done more shoots.

The easiest way to see if a model has done more shoots is on the 2nd tab/page of a shoot, just above the before/after notes.

Comment

Too many categories already, it's very embarassing.

Navigating the site isn't difficult exactly but there does seem to be room for better visual presentation. Words are easy but colours are instant.

I've noticed something that helps is a better cover photo jpeg that follows the category colour code, one that shows straight up why the set is in a particular category. Right now they are just random stills from the set... I don't mean to always point to other sites... Femjoy, Met-Art, etc but those jpegs really help organizing content locally and on the website. Hardcore, Kissing, Interductions, wat have you and whatever they are named in the AW community, it would be easiest I think to implement such a thing with something as simple as a coloured boarder around the cover still.

What would help also, at least for archiving, besides the current category prefix, would be adding the date and month (I put them in folders by year).

What I'd like to do is direct link an example cover shot, one for a model named 'Paloma'. What is so useful is the colour code on the cover shot (though I don't know if they actually mean anything), the blur is on the right like a magazine page, and even incidental information like the number of shots in an imageset, possible such things as the runtime for videos etc. For AW what really helps is the natural scenes and lighting. Such imagery could be inserted into cover shots rather than the simple solid colour style they use. All imagesets have usually a random shot that could provide great material for a good covershot background.
      Last edited by lzimbu; 15 November 2008, 01:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Frans View Post
        That would make redux shoots look like another site, which is precisely why none of the categories are colored
        Afraid I don't follow you here, Frans. Are not the GG shoots pink, IMs green, etc? Ergo, "colored categories." Unless you're saying that AW would therefore look like some competing site.
        Words are easy, but colors are instant.
        That's what I was trying to say...something to let members know instantaneously that a model has appeared before, without clicking on a tab. Just an idea, but I won't be crushed if it doesn't happen.

HM

Comment

I liked it when they used to put some info with the models pic, on the models page.

My little wish list thingy is if the put the actual date the shoot or video was made not the date it was put on the site. Example... Our beloved Rosanna had a IM published in Oct 2008, but I'm not sure if this is an old one just been released, or should I be getting excited as Rosanna is back doing shoots. I gather that its an old Rosanna just released but I don't know for sure. Also does it mean she has gone back to blonde?? has she got her figure back so quickly after becoming a mummy.
          Having the date would also show the order of shoots as I believe they are not always published in order, example our beloved McKenzie spoke about this being her third video when it was only the second on site.

Back on point, I have been fooled before thinking a redux was the models first shoot, but I do go to the profile page for most of the models as they don't put info with the models pic, on the models page.

Comment

What Frans meant was extending the colour scheme might invite mass hysteria and panic..

i.e. another site split that would have people paying more for extending categorization. :P

Where should debut and redux have another color, in addition to green pink and blue, the other colours might seem like another tier on the site you'd have to pay for membership for.

So having understood we don't want a panic, , and instead just wanna see the visual at-a-glance categories be extended.. really the only solution I can think of that works is the cover shoots.

Comment

Originally posted by Frans View Post
              The easiest way to see if a model has done more shoots is on the 2nd tab/page of a shoot, just above the before/after notes.
              Too right minus the other page.. there is one. But they are on another page, linked through.

What works a bit better is a set of thumbs for a limit number, 10 say, of fan voted favorites*. Too few models have even 5, nevermind 10 shoots so there is little need for an entire other page. Personally I link through to a great deal of those 2nd pages only to find the message, this is the only shoot for this model. Pointless!!! otherwise less than 5 other shoots can be linked with thumbnails. Indicating the tier and sub category visual rather than with tags (not hating tags but they aren't terribly useful).

What happened to the little icons? or am I confusing AW with another site?

*hmm.. but I should not get into voting schemes for favorite models etc...

Comment

Originally posted by Havemercy View Post
                Afraid I don't follow you here, Frans. Are not the GG shoots pink, IMs green, etc? Ergo, "colored categories."
                Nope, those are different SITES (girlgirl.abbywinters.com and intimate-moments.abbywinters.com respectively). You'll note that IM's are *not* a category in fact

Comment

Colour coding ? havemercy,do you work in a office ?

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                  Working...
                  X