Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you change the video as it appears in Windows.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you change the video as it appears in Windows.

I'm disabled... meaning I am still running Windows versus Linux or Mac! LOL!

Two things:
    1. In your windows file explorer - all of the videos are black at the first frame. How do I pick a frame that I want to represent the movie? So many black frames I don't now what is what?
    2. A better movie viewer than the awful Windows Media Player - that can do A and B stops.

Flip!

Download realplayer ?

Comment

Originally posted by flipngenius View Post
      Two things:
      1. In your windows file explorer - all of the videos are black at the first frame. How do I pick a frame that I want to represent the movie?
      Short of writing your own windows extension (see CodeProject), you don't.

Originally posted by flipngenius View Post
      2. A better movie viewer than the awful Windows Media Player - that can do A and B stops.
      Media Player Classic is all I use, what do you dislike about your current player?

Comment

Originally posted by Frans View Post
        Short of writing your own windows extension (see CodeProject), you don't.

Media Player Classic is all I use, what do you dislike about your current player?
        No flexibility to pick a repeat point. Like start at A and repeat at B. No real good video controller like fast forward/reverse etc.

Comment

Frans. I actually found a middle of the road as far as the blank video thumbnails. Someone wrote a series of macros that used MatroskaSplitter to create the thumbnails so they go in several seconds so now I can identify each video by view. I read each of the regedits first to ensure it wasn't spyware etc.

Comment

Smart solution Good to hear that works for you.

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
            Working...
            X