• Show
Clear All

A new cover girl

I think for the new year, you guys need to
    change the cover girl. I like Sandra and
    all, but I am getting tired of seeing the
    same photo everytime I log on.
    rr

That is an excellent suggestion. I shall work on that sometime today.

Comment

Don't say we never do anything for you, RedRat. We're even, now, so it's your turn to give us something.

Comment

Thanks Videoman... you listened to me!
        I will send you something... what is a good address?
        rr

Comment

I think it is time for a new cover model...
          How about Jamie?
          A new color too. I am getting tired of the blue.
          ratty

Comment

The blue stays. It's part of our identity. Everything else is negotiable.

Comment

whomever it is you choose, i'd like to see u select either more than one model (maybe at different depths of field) or the same model in various poses (maybe in differing depths of field), cuz the way it is now looks too stark img tag disable, use attachment mgr/system to add images to postshttp://www.abbywinters.com/discus/clipart/happy.gif a loooooooot of space between the girl and the text

and it's perfectly ok if you screamingly beg me to tell you who my favorite model choices would be for this new cover cuz i will if u twist my arm Þ

one whimsical thought is maybe minimizing "abbywinters.com" or bringing it down toward the bottom and fill the field of blue with an assemblage of many models in crowd-fashion; maybe the website name could even cover a small part of the girls in the far distant background so not to obscure much of the models present on the main page. visitors will want to see the girls first and foremost rather than an onsite advertisement of the website's namesake (no offense img tag disable, use attachment mgr/system to add images to postshttp://www.abbywinters.com/discus/clipart/happy.gif )

a third thought (other than slitting my wrists in a tubful of water and making u happy) would be to maybe offer up a few ideas to the board/membership and see how well-received some sample covers are?

well, now that i've been my typical pain-in-the-ass self, i'm outta xox

Comment

if you make the cover more like one of your lovely wallpaers...
                that would be cool.
                ratty

Comment

The problem with the cover image, is that it needs to convey _everything_ about the site, in one, cohensive image. And if you think about it, that's really hard.

I don't like the ideal of having dozens of models (or, even more than two), in a home-made collage - those always are the mark of a cheap site, or one with no design finesse (or both).

I was thinking about using one of those images from the six-girls shoot recently, but that's a bit misleading as well, in a way. VidDude has made an awesome wallpaper from one of those images, but... I dunno. It's hard. REALLY hard.

But we're always up for a challenge, so keep an eye out. img tag disable, use attachment mgr/system to add images to postshttp://www.abbywinters.com/discus/clipart/happy.gif

abby

Comment

Didn't you at one time have rotating images, different each time one visits? I think that would be a nice idea.

Comment

We did, but it didn't work properly for Netscape users, for reasons that I couldn't figure out. They were only getting half the image. It was very odd.

So we scrapped that idea.

Comment

What's the problem already? Why bother with the cover page anyway? All ya gotta do is have a link or shortcut or bookmark/favourite straight to the "News" page and Bloat's yer uncle, up pops the password log-in with yer log-in details all in place, press the titty or hit return and away you go...

You can even have links to individual pages like the Site Map etc. if you want.

I never go in through the "Cover Page" and had to take a look at it to see what all the fuss was about.

And in "Internet Exploiter", you can fish around in the cache for site icons, shove 'em somewhere safe, point your links to to 'em, and always have yer fave site's icons on yer links toolbar!

Dontcha just lurve the technology?

Bloat. img tag disable, use attachment mgr/system to add images to postshttp://www.abbywinters.com/discus/messages/7/1431.gif <tried all the rest, find IE the best>

Comment

The idea, Bloater, is to encourage new people to enter the site.

I agree with you - existing members may wish to bookmark the members news page, here:

http://www.abbywinters.com/members/news.php

abby

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                          Working...
                          X