A couple of suggestions..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A couple of suggestions..

Ok first things first, this site rocks, thanks to its great layout and friendly atmosphere (Not to mention the plethora of gorgeous babes). I guess these questions are for videoman, you seem to be the technical wizard!
    I'm interested to see if any other members agree with me though.

Me being the anally-retentitve virgoan that I am, I've got small two things to suggest
    that pop into my mind each time I surf here. They both regard the model gallery pages..
    You know the three traversal link you have, Home|Previous Page|Next Page? I tend to scan
    down the page first to see which pics I want to see in their full glory. When I reach
    the bottom of the page it would be cool if those same buttons were placed there too, as well
    as the links to the individual pages of the set 123456 etc. The number links are kinda small and quite often
    I find myself either clicking the wrong one or scrolling the page back up so I can click on the
    Next Page link instead.
    I did warn you these comments are pretty meaningless eh!
    I'm on of those people who like to keep the main thumbnail page up, so I often right click on an image
    and 'open in a new browser'. This can be a bit of a pain lol for a lazy bugger like me. Anyone else
    do this?
    I've seen something on a another website that might work here. If you look at
    www.23x.net, you will see a little checkbox sitting inside the top panel, it states 'Open links in a
    new window'. Checking that means links you click pop up in a fresh browser. I've seen other pages on aw.com that open up new windows when you click on an image, and I was wondering if you might be able to add the option
    like in 23x so you can make all image links on a page create new browsers to display themselves in.
    Just a thought, not sure as to how much extra HTML that would take really.
    Anyhow thats my two tiny bugbears out of the way. Like I said to begin with, aw.com is a great, sexy
    site that is always a pleasure to visit, keep up the good work!
    Cheers
    Smileguy

>>>I'm one of those people who like to keep the main thumbnail page up, so I often right click on an image
    and 'open in a new browser'.

An easy way to save a step and avoid all that right-clicking is to rest the index finger of your left hand on the shift button. Then you can quickly just left click with the mouse on the photo you're interested in while briefly pressing shift. It's the shortcut for opening things in a new window.

I liked your first suggestion about putting the Home|Previous Page|Next Page at the bottom also. Good idea.

Comment

I have often wondered why we have to go to each thumbnail page to get the relevant zip files
      I download each zipfile regardless and then peruse and select pics offline
      Actually I select all the pics: just bought new 80Gb hdd to accommodate them img tag disable, use attachment mgr/system to add images to postshttp://www.abbywinters.com/discus/clipart/happy.gif
      It would be easier if all the zips were accessible from a central point; the models bio page for instance
      Possible?

Comment

You guys must be able to read minds or something.

In a matter of weeks, we will be changing our entire back-end (ooh er) into a database driven site, where all the model bio pages, all the update text, all the gallery pages, and most importantly the model's thumbnails, will all be dynamic and appear in a template. (Saving Abby and I a heap of work for each day. Saturday's update took me 3 hours to do, which is a crap way to spend a weekend afternoon, so it'll be great to reduce that down to 10 minutes)

That means every single one of your suggestions can be implemented, and many of them were going to be anyway. The home/previous/next will be. In fact, there's going to be an option to choose how many thumbs per page you want to see. And there'll be many different options for zip file sizes. I believe the plan is to have an 'odds or evens' download, as well as 'all' 'this page' etc.

I like the idea of 'open in a new window' as a tick box, even though Centaur's idea is just as easy, so I'll investigate its inclusion.

More news as it comes to hand, the programmer is hard at work on this part of the database as we speak.

Comment

Ta for the response Videoman, glad to hear you guys are on the case, I look forward
          to the new database.
          Thanks also to Centaur for the holding-down-shift tip - that's a new one to me.
          Hmm, trouble with that is .. hehe, holding down shift and clicking on a link means
          you have to use _both_ hands at the same time, right? Hmm.. that may a little
          difficult mate, I tend to have one employed .. elsewhere!
          lol.
          Smileguy

Comment

*wince*

Comment

I feel your pain, Smileguy. Let me help.

For Windows there is an control panel accessibility option called "sticky keys" (appropriate, no?) where if you press the shift key twice, it locks and you can continue to simply left click to get the pictures in new windows.

Also, for some systems if you put your cursor over a thumbnail and right-click, you'll get an "open target in new window option.

Both require just one hand, so you can use the other hand to dial the cell phone, play gameboy, doodle on a notepad, whatever.

Jus, what are you wincing about?

Comment

LMAO, ars...very nice save, LOL

if anyone denies u being adroit, i'll claim their sanity....omg, u r too funny!

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                Working...
                X