Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apple TV and Freezing HQ videos

Hello Mac community

I have Apple TV with lastest sofware on it. Whenever i transfer HQ videos (h.264) videos from abby winters, the video plays for four seconds and then the apple TV freezes and restarts by itself. Any assistance on this??

regards

Malleswaram

I don't know much about Apple but could you clarify 'transfer' ?

Do you really download the complete h.264 file and then play it? If so, what player do you use?

I'll let the real Apple experts (Lesley or Lux) figure out the problem

Comment

I don't think the MP4 files that AW provides are directly compatible with Apple TV.
      You get the same problem with iPhone and iPods.
      Conversion is required, and I use VisualHub, (iSquint also does the same job) but as far as I know neither of these apps are available any more.
      And I know that's no help at all really...

iSquint is HERE! YAY!

L
      Last edited by Lesley; 9 March 2009, 06:45 PM. Reason: found a download site

Comment

I know exactly what's causing this lag. The.mp4 and newer .m4v (used by iTunes) are containers and not formats. Its what's inside that gives your machine the "problem". The video is playing at 29.97 frames per second, but the audio is going at 30.00 fps (or vise versa, I forget which.) Apple TV "drops" frames during video playback to insure the viewing experience matches the audio portion of the file.

iSquint as suggested, or MPEGStreamClip might be of help.

Comment

1 frame dropped every 100 seconds.. that's not visible is it?

Comment

Ok I think I have the fix:-
            Load the MP4 video into iTunes
            Highlight the video
            Goto Advanced:- Create Apple TV version.
            YO!

Update. It did not work on my setup. BUGGER!
            Last edited by Lesley; 12 March 2009, 12:11 AM. Reason: It did not work.

Comment

Laktor here just poking my head out of my melting igloo saying....right at this moment while reading this thread is when I am hearing about something called apple tv for the first time...yep, that's right. So how long has this been available? Well, guess it doesn't matter with me since I don't have an HD tv, just one from 12 years ago..

Comment

Originally posted by laktor View Post
                called apple tv for the first time...yep, that's right. So how long has this been available?
                Personally I use a Mac mini as a media centre and I think that works better than an Apple TV.

L

Comment

Originally posted by laktor View Post
                  Laktor here just poking my head out of my melting igloo saying....right at this moment while reading this thread is when I am hearing about something called apple tv for the first time...yep, that's right. So how long has this been available? Well, guess it doesn't matter with me since I don't have an HD tv, just one from 12 years ago..
                  This would be the same Laktor who won't use a cell phone, right? At least you're consistent.
                  Though to tell you the truth, I have the same feelings about Apple TV that you have about cell phones... Like, why bother.

Comment

Originally posted by arsby View Post
                    This would be the same Laktor who won't use a cell phone, right? At least you're consistent.
                    Though to tell you the truth, I have the same feelings about Apple TV that you have about cell phones... Like, why bother.
                    I really didn't say anything negative about apple tv. I just said that, until I read this thread a couple days ago, I'd never heard of apple tv and had no idea what it was! And actually, despite all the people out there being rude while using their cell phones, I'm actually warming up to the idea of owning one. I like new technology. The only problem is, er...actually several problems..is that I rarely ever make phone calls or receive them. I've actually never really liked talking on the telephone...so impersonal. I love chatting with people, but in person, so using a phone to set up times to meet up is fine, but long conversations...nah. I've just never liked phones. And, as I said, I know very few people to call. Most of my friends are in other cities or on the other side of the world. No real friends locally. Therefore, a cellphone is rather useless.

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                    Working...
                    X