AW has conquered the iPhone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AW has conquered the iPhone!

A nice gadget got even better. The AW site does render beautifully on the iPhone. This could we be old news, but it sure is new to me.
    Mobile watching of AW opens up a whole new perspective while waiting at the dentist
    Click image for larger version

Name:	aw_iphone.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	116.0 KB
ID:	660325

:-0 Wow! Now that is nifty! :-D

Comment

Looks nice, though I understand the iPhone doesn't play the mp4 movies yet? How does viewing pics work for you on such a (compared to a monitor) small screen?

Web-team will pleased to know it already works on iPhone, heh

Comment

Your correct Frans, the Mp4's do not play, but if enough people used this medium who knows...
        A few examples.

Browsing the galleries goes swiftly and does look rather nice, because of the 5 pictures across they're easy to choose from.

Name:	IMG_0002.png
Size:	128.5 KB
ID:	628147

Rotating the iPhone to portrait shows literally a portrait
        A single picture looks quite beautifull, but with such a gorgeous model what else could the outcome be?

Name:	IMG_0004.jpg
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	628150

With the two-finger pinch I can even zoom in for great effect.

Name:	IMG_0005.png
Size:	192.2 KB
ID:	628148

Even browsing this forum is do-able.

Name:	IMG_0006.png
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	628149

Thanks Immie for being my participent.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferveo View Post
          Your correct Frans, the Mp4's do not play, but if enough people used this medium who knows...
          Making the site more mobile-friendly is actually already on the list of improvements to come. Looks like good progress has been made as far as layout and navigation goes. Interesting indeed, feedback on such new things is always nice to see.

Comment

Question on signing in. Is there some trick to how to sign in as a member on an iPhone? My iPhone 4 does not display the little "Captcha" image that you need to log in. Is there some work around to this? Obviously some members have already gotten access on their iPhones but I've been stopped at that spot! Help appreciated.

Comment

The captcha is a regular image, no reason for the iphone or its browser not to display it. What do you see in the login box?

Comment

The space where the Captcha image should appear is blank (a white area appears without any border or outline). The rest of the login windoid appear correct and normal. Suggestions?

Comment

Not many, don't own an iPhone I think there is another browser available on iPhone, Opera perhaps? You could try that one.

The other pics on mainpage do show for you, right?

Comment

Yes, everything else on the page is normal, I just can't sign in. I didn't know there were any other browsers available that run on the iPhone other than Safari. I can look into this as a trouble shooting step. But honestly, if everyone else is able to see Captcha and to log-in on an iPhone 4, I should be able to as well. This is puzzling.

Comment

I use Atomic... except I don't know how to make it the default brower. It seems to have the best full screen of the browsers I checked.

Pinky

Comment

iPhone 4 woe

Originally posted by Stonefly View Post
                        Yes, everything else on the page is normal, I just can't sign in. I didn't know there were any other browsers available that run on the iPhone other than Safari. I can look into this as a trouble shooting step. But honestly, if everyone else is able to see Captcha and to log-in on an iPhone 4, I should be able to as well. This is puzzling.
                        Please see attached screen shot from iPhone 4.
                        Attached Files

Comment

The good news is; it happens on my phone too. The bad news is, I don't know why. I'll ask HQ about it.

Comment

Now I'm really getting puzzled. This morning I tried to log in once more and this time ... for the first time... I saw the Captcha text displayed just as one would expect. I thought perhaps that the site managers had tweaked something to make it work. Unfortunately, I did not have my password available at the time so I did not log in. This evening I tried it again ... and to my surprise the Captcha screen is once again missing. Really weird!!

Comment

Yeah the captcha-on-mobile is eluding us for the moment. We'll figure it out though, eventually

Comment

Thanks Frans!

Comment

FTR, it works on my iphone 3gs...

Comment

Other browsers on iPhone

FWIW, I was able to login via several browsers on an iPad:

"Safari", "MP Browser" (My Private Browser), "Atomic Lite", "iBrowse" and "Browser".

All gave me the little alphanumberic captcha thingy.

---

I note that other (non-Safari) free browser apps are available for the iPhone in the App Store:

- Opera Mini Web browser

- Mercury Web Browser - Fast FullScreen Browser and TABs

- VanillaSurf (Full Screen Web Browser with Tabs)

- Anonymous Web Browser with Blackout

- UC Browser English Version (not Chinese)

- Secret Browser

- Sphere - web browser (Lite)

- Snowbunny Web Browser

- Aquari: Stealth Browser

- Privately - Web Browser

- Free Browser !

- Anonymous Web Browser with Blackout and Capture +

- AdBlock Web Browser - Speed and Privacy!

- Bsecure Mobile Browser

- Better Browser (Free)

- Quick Browser (full and custom)

- Private Browser & Download Files & Save Documents

- Collage Lite (Multiple Window Web Browser)

---

Also, might be of interest:

Download Manager apps:

1. Download Manager Lite (Free)

2. Power Downloader (Free)

... plus many others - search for word "download"

Secure Media Storage and Player apps:

1. Stash Pro ($)

2. Private Media Folders - Photos, Video & Office

3. Media Folders ($)

4. Media Stash ($3.99) & File Stash

Cheers, Adam
                                    Last edited by manumit; 20 August 2010, 03:51 PM.

Comment

A newer Opera Mobile 10 did show me the captcha when I click on the location I knew it should be at. Opera mobile 9.5 refuses to cooperate however. Bit odd that.

Comment

I'm still surprised that Safari showed the Captcha image that one single time. Something got changed in there. Is this an Apache problem? With thanks to Manumit for his contribution, I think that AW still needs to crack the Safari problem. Some of those other browsers, so far as I know, have trouble with authorization logins. Will try some experimenting. I'm surprised that the fix is proving so challenging. Are there other iPhone'rs out there having this problem or with a workp-around? And BTW, shouldn't this thread be in "Tech Support" rather than here in "AW Labs?"

Comment

Originally posted by Stonefly View Post
                                          Are there other iPhone'rs out there having this problem or with a workp-around? And BTW, shouldn't this thread be in "Tech Support" rather than here in "AW Labs?"
                                          Nope, mobile browsers aren't officially supported yet. If they were they would work And you'd see a list of 'this browser should work'. If you can install Opera mobile10 you got a good chance of it working, did for me anyway. (you can't *upgrade* Opera if it is in your phone's ROM but you can install another opera version side by side.

Comment

Even the iPad works flawlessly

I have also tested the iPad, also works flawlesly.
                                            The images get resized to 800 width, they're 1024x768 on the iPad and crisp and clear.

The frontpage

Name:	IMG_0097.jpg
Size:	121.4 KB
ID:	639423

Model view

Name:	IMG_0098.jpg
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	639422

And even the videos play great (LQ shown)

Name:	IMG_0099.jpg
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	639424

Great move by the way moving to "my" country
                                            Last edited by Ferveo; 29 August 2010, 01:10 PM. Reason: zpelink mistakes

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                            Working...
                                            X