3D photoshoot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3D photoshoot?

As much as the lovely ladies on Abby Winters are an absolute delight to the optic nerve, it still isn't quite the same as being there. But there is one way to get a step closer....

....3D photos! I've seen it done before, and largely it looks pretty good. Most I've seen are in .jp3 format, which is really a jpg file with two pics (left and right eye) side by side. While ideally viewed with 3d shutter goggles, it's still a pretty good effect with just crossing your eyes (and gets easier with practice).

As I understand it, all that is needed are two cameras side by side focussing on the same object. Should then be simple enough to combine the two images side-by-side. Of course 3d video would be more difficult...

So what does everyone think? Imagine your fave Abby models popping out of the screen at you, showing all their best curves the way they should be seen.

Wow the idea sounds pretty fantastic. Imagine if you had a 3D view of each model.. like a 360 degree view thing where you could scroll and see the model turn in front of your eyes..

Comment

That's indeed a novell idea!
      20 years or so ago when i still photographed in slides i made a lot of 3D images.
      You lock the focus and a aperture, take an image, move the camera 20 cm to the left and take the second image.
      When developed (yes indeed, in Ye Olde Times, pictures where not readily available but there was a chemical process involved ) and put in a special slide-vieuwer you had a true 3D picture.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	dia_viewer3d.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	628414

Comment

oh neat!! i'd love to figure out how to do that. i like playing around with film cameras but i keep going back to digital because of the costs involved in developing film. but i'm sure there's a way to do it in post prodection of digital images. maybe ill have a go at it. err. ok actually ill probably have forgotten by tomorrow. but maybe one day if i remember.

Comment

It's still today Katherine_f, so I need to work fast.
          Beware! You've awakend The nerd in me for a couple of seconds...

I did experiment with stereoscopic photography (for a week, then also forgot about, so my attention span is 7x greater )
          Take a picture from a subject, horizontally shift 14 centimeters (the distance between your eyes actually, but the effect can be enlarged). Open your favore image-editor and align them and put them side to side.
          Now look midway between the pictures and focus your eyes 8 meters through your screen (that's the hard part). Half of the people can't do it, including me
          Click image for larger version

Name:	stereo.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	628459
          I know picture a lot of happy AW users looking cross-eyed at 2 pairs of boobs producing a lot of headaches...

Comment

just cross your eyes and refocus until it comes into focus

which is MUCH easier with detailed pictures like those.

AND and excellent demonstration of what could be possible.. Imagine video like that? I think I eyes would hurt, but depending on the model(s), there would be plenty of encouragement.. to buy the glasses...

Comment

Originally posted by chahna View Post
              Wow the idea sounds pretty fantastic. Imagine if you had a 3D view of each model.. like a 360 degree view thing where you could scroll and see the model turn in front of your eyes..
              Well, judging by the previews of yourself in other topics on the forum I wouldn't mind seeing a nice 360 degree view of you chahna!

If you could only see Abby's girls in 3d for only 5 minutes before your eyes got too sore it'd still be well worth it.

Does anyone think it's worth Abbydoing a test shoot of to check the member's response?

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
              Working...
              X