How to play MPEG videos/convert to wmv?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to play MPEG videos/convert to wmv?

Having difficulty playing .mpg file with windows player. Any suggestions as to how to convert downloaded mpg to wmv? alos interest in the joining feature some of you mentioned. any suggested software to facilitate this as dealing with the multiple small files is a pain and requires a lot of editing currently. Thanks in advance.
    jbflaus

Originally posted by jbflaus View Post
    Having difficulty playing .mpg file with windows player. Any suggestions as to how to convert downloaded mpg to wmv?
    Download the wmv instead? Based on what criteria did you download the mpg? If you're on Windows wmv is usually the better choice.

Joining wmv's is fairly easy, as described in my post above. There are of course TONS of programs who do the same but ask money for it, some may be a bit friendlier in use but that's your choice.

Comment

Help any one. I am having trouble getting downloaded .mpg files to playon windows video player. audio is ok but picture display is like a kaliodoscope (sp). would be interested in convertng mpg files to wmv. Any advice or suggested software to facilitate this.
      thanks in advance.
      jbflaus

Comment

Hi Jb, could you please NOT post the same question all over the forum? Thanks!

It sounds like you are downloading the mpg files completely, could you check the filesize?

As recommended by Lesly, vlc is free and will plays almost anything. You still have to download the files fully though, hence the above question

Comment

MPG Problem

thank you for the response. It appears that for some offerings ie: jacintavid1.mpg there is no wmv offering. this is true for a number of the models. I can comprise a list for you if you wish. Thanks again
          jbflaus

Comment

mpg problem

My apology for the multiple request. new at this. I checked the file size both as listed in the site and in my video file on my hard disk. both are 17.9Mb
            jbflaus

Comment

That's just the nature of it, JB, you see along the years AW has offered various different file formats and with vast improvements along the timeline

I usually go for the HQ Mp4s when they're available but most of the wmv's have outstanding quality too.

Comment

Originally posted by jbflaus View Post
                My apology for the multiple request. new at this. I checked the file size both as listed in the site and in my video file on my hard disk. both are 17.9Mb
                jbflaus
                1. Use REPLY to reply to a thread, not 'New Thread'

2. Which shoot are you downloading, 17.9Mb sounds very small?

3. Try the wmv download, easier for you (where available)

Ah, you're talking about Jacinta's shoot. That one has no wmv indeed. In that case it is easiest to grab vlc and use that to play the mpg files.

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                Working...
                X