X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snow Leopard

I upgraded my Mac Book to 10.6.0.

So far, all is well.
    AW looks OK in the Safari browser. (4.0.3)

NO WAY does my mission critical iMac get upgraded until I am certain everything will work.

L

How old is that iMac unit?

Comment

You're fast, Lesley. I ordered Snow Leopard last Monday but haven't got anything yet but an e-mail that said it's shipped to me. Re mission critical: The master copy of my website is on my home Mac (a two year old MacBook with an Intel core duo); but as I have an OS copy on an external disk Ii'll just risk an upgrade.

By the way, a snow leopard in German is also called an Irbis. This might have been a better name to distinguish it from a plain leopard rev. 10.5.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfgangbuster29 View Post
        How old is that iMac unit?
        iMac is 3.5 years old, white plastic 24' job (Time for a new one I think!)

L

Comment

Originally posted by briggfair View Post
          You're fast, Lesley. I ordered Snow Leopard last Monday but haven't got anything yet ....
          Ordered online from Apple on the 24 August, arrived 29 August in the mail.

L

Comment

Apple are running out of big cat names, so the next OS is called 'Cuddly Tabby'.

L

Comment

Originally posted by Lesley View Post
              iMac is 3.5 years old, white plastic 24' job (Time for a new one I think!)

L
              Without a doubt it's got lotsa good life left in it. Should serve you well in most apps, methinks.

I would loooove to have a power-mac that I could run FinalCut on. That'd be tha bomb! Eventually I will.

Comment

I looked at this thread wondering what an animal had to do with AW and I find all this computer talk. What has gone wrong with the world? Snow Leopard? Really? An operating system?...ha, ha.

Comment

Originally posted by laktor View Post
                  I looked at this thread wondering what an animal had to do with AW and I find all this computer talk. What has gone wrong with the world? Snow Leopard? Really? An operating system?...ha, ha.
                  No Laughing matter - Yes, the latest version - It's a Mac thing
                  Last edited by andresone; 30 August 2009, 08:32 PM. Reason: addition

Comment

Oh dear, laktor, how can we remedy that? Well, let's go from the OS cats to the Wizard of Oz: "Lions and Tigers and Bears, oh my!" Now, with the bears poking around the edge Blaire can't be far away. Hi Blaire, there you are! Both you and Joannie are looking wonderful hot in the sample pic of your GG; I can't wait to see the video. And the only way you could look even better is if you should decide to dye your hair dark again.

So there. We're back to sensible AW themes and have managed to Blaire become the best-looking nearly-former AW model ever. And nobody will mention cats or these Mac thingies ever again.

Comment

Did you upgrade from Leopard or Tiger, Lesley?

Comment

I still think you're better off using a Windows machine. Let the Mac try to top this laptop. If they did, it would cost twice as much....just like everything else that Apple makes.

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbo335 View Post
                          Did you upgrade from Leopard or Tiger, Lesley?
                          From Leopard to Snow Leopard.

I have one app that does not run - Jiggler - which I used all the time to keep a remote connection to a server awake, so I am a bit annoyed. The developer promised he would have a new version out before SL was launched.

L

Comment

Originally posted by Dekoda View Post
                            I still think you're better off using a Windows machine. Let the Mac try to top this laptop. If they did, it would cost twice as much....just like everything else that Apple makes.

I disagree. Before I bought my new Mac Book Pro a few weeks back I took a look at all the options and costed out several Microsoft Windows machines but I could not find anything that matched. Most of the Dell and HP notebooks were similar prices and the spec was lower.

PLUS I have a machine that runs all the operating systems, which is I what I need for my work.

L

Comment

I disagree. Before I bought my new Mac Book Pro a few weeks back I took a look at all the options and costed out several Microsoft Windows machines but I could not find anything that matched. Most of the Dell and HP notebooks were similar prices and the spec was lower.

PLUS I have a machine that runs all the operating systems, which I what I need for my work.

L
                              What about apps? I can find ten times the apps that run on Windows but not on any Mac machine.

Comment

Originally posted by Dekoda View Post
                                What about apps? I can find ten times the apps that run on Windows but not on any Mac machine.
                                I have every app that I need, and then some!

L

Comment

I have every app that I need, and then some!

L
                                  That's the main thing....if you have the apps you need, then your system, no matter type it is, is ideal for you.

Comment

On the AW main.php page I don't see any updates in the three columns "Talk to Models Directly", "Staff Posting", and "Discourse" for 14 hours now. Is this a problem of my new Snow Leopard browsers not getting the updates or is it an AW problem?

Comment

On the AW main.php page I don't see any updates in the three columns "Talk to Models Directly", "Staff Posting", and "Discourse" for 14 hours now. Is this a problem of my new Snow Leopard browsers not getting the updates or is it an AW problem?
                                      Depends on what you see, for me (Windows, Firefox3) I see

Models: The beginning - it's Fotina! fotina
                                      Staff: New Girl/Girl: Chloe B & S... susie
                                      Discourse: Some Humor FloridaRob

Not all that new, but I'm not entirely sure it should be fully up-to-date. Never look at those boxes since I browse the forums directly

Comment

I see these at the top too but there are lots of postings in other threads since then. E.g. in the "Discourse" column, the Patcicie posting by realjoker has been followed up by 13 postings in the last 14 hours. Normally it takes ten minutes to half an hour for a new posting to show up there.

Comment

Hmm.. yes, I got an idea what might cause that. It has nothing to do with either your browser or your OS, rest assured

Comment

Thank you Frans, I can be happy again ;-)

Comment

Thank you Frans, I can be happy again ;-)
                                              Forum-boxes on mainpage have been fixed, should be more up-to-date now

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                              Working...
                                              X