Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DATABASE: your opinions and ideas

Hiya

Here's the place to let us know your opinions on the new database stuff, and if you have any ideas to make it better.

Please do not post bugs on this thread - you want to head on over to this thread.

abby

I like it!

Comment

I LOVE IT!!!

SWANNY XXXX

Comment

I really like the new design, especially:

1. Quick links to the zip files for whole set
        2. Model Database, with multiple sort options
        3. Quick buttons to AW, AW Gold, and then Gold subsections

Comment

Today was the first time I had looked at the Backstage section since the new database came in, and I have to say
          that here it doesn't work nearly as well as the old way. Having the words all in a lump and not next to the pictures
          loses much of the interest that was there. I don't suppose that it would be easy to fix, either :{

Another thing that has been lost is the ability to go through all of a model's pictures without returning to the Bio.

After these negative thoughts, I must say that overall the site is much better since the innovation and I'm sure that
          with the team's dedication to perfection it will continue to improve!

Jorinel

Comment

Hi Jorinel

Agree, the backstage section is not ideal how it is now. We decided to leave it as it is (based on a normal model's bio page, less the vital stats), and change it in stage two.

Also, yes, with the image set concept, the programmer misunderstood what I meant, and my response got lost in the ideas churn. Again, that will appear in stage two.

Other cool things with stage two will be:
            • The DB will make thumbnails, so we don;t have to make them locally and UL. Not that you care. img tag disable, use attachment mgr/system to add images to postshttp://www.abbywinters.com/discus/clipart/happy.gif
            • We'll detect user's browsers, and show people better version of tables and menus, and so on, based on their browser
            • New discussion boards! Woo hoo!
            • End user preferances, such as default sorts, numbers of entries per page, and so on
            • Databased fetish index
            • Databased site map

What else ya got?

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
            Working...
            X