Download speeds...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Download speeds...

Lately I've been unable to d/l from aw.com due to extremely low d/l speeds -- typically 28kbps -- even though I am using a 1.5 Mbps DSL line here. In the past there has been no serious d/l problem, but lately it's so slow that my browser is timing out and cancelling the d/l. Has anything changed with your servers that would account for this slow d/l speed?

BTW, I have run speedtest.net and get a good solid 1.5Mbps d/l speed from them and other similar sites.

Thanks.

We have two sets of servers, which one do you use; the NL or the USA ones? You can see this on your myAW page. While you're there, run a bandwidth test, that will select the fastest of the two servers for you.

Also consider using a downloadmanager instead of downloading directly via your browser. Browsers aren't build to recover slow or broken downloads gracefully. Which browser do you use? Read this page for more details on that.

For much more info and pointers about slow downloading, read this: http://www.abbywinters.com/main.php?...iki&id=WhySlow

Oh and welcome to the forums!

Comment

Thanks!

I appreciate your quick and helpful reply! Thanks.

Comment

Hi people,

I have been having to go back to the CMS1 site to download videos, i.e. I go to the shoot on CMS2 and then select "view shoot on previous site" or whatever it says. This is because downloading the videos from the CMS1 page is the only way I can get the normal download speed I am used to.

If I try to save a video from the CMS2 site it goes at about 1/4 to 1/5 of the speed it does from what I still get on the CMS1 site. Is this a known about issue (apologise if it is) and will it hopefully be rectified by the time the site moves fully across to the new style?

Cheers for any information you can give me.

SF

Comment

SF, try to run the bandwidth test on the new site (My Account has it).

If possible note the url you use to download a vid from cms2 vs. cms1 and post both here.

Comment

Hi Frans:

For Jasmine's video these are the links it gives me:

CMS1

CMS2:

I think I may have already spotted the difference in location?

SF

Comment

Yeah, did you run the bandwidth test on the new site?

Comment

Yep, almost 5 times better from the NL so I think it has switched me onto that. Thank you the Netherlands, hehe.

Thank you Frans, I shall report back only if there are any further issues with it. Hopefully should be much better.

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                Working...
                X