Rejoin problems and questions here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rejoin instructions are now on the new support site: http://support.abbywinters.com/im-a-...et-a-discount/ please read those first.

I joined aw around 2003-2004. Back then abby answered billing questions herself. Years later there was real-time chat which was wonderful. For some reason nowadays support Emails are simply ignored. What is going on?

Comment

Where/how did you send you mail (via which page) and what in fact IS your problem which you need help with?

Comment

thanks for the quicky reply! regarding your questions:

via the suppport page and the billing tab (twice - about a week ago and today), plus as a reply to automated Email as instructed in the Email itself (4 days ago). No reply to all three...

problem is that the ultra legacy rebill option is not available as described in the faq. was paying 30 USD for three months for years and years. Recently my credit card was stolen and I wanted to rejoin at the old rate (as is stated in the faq). I rejoined but am now paying 3 times that amount...

Comment

Hmm, looks like we'll have to check the mail-system, something must have gone wrong there.

Your problem is clear, but has to be fixed by Account Support (which I'm not), I'll forward it to them. Your accountname (old and new) is weshet2 as well?

(moving this to tech support forum)

Comment

old and new account names are weshet2

Thanks for your help!

Comment

Don't loose your hope yet.

I just got an answer five days ago to my question which I send 30th of May

Seems that some emails get lost in the system.

Now if I only got an answer to my Ddrive inquiry which I sent 12th of June

yusa

Comment

Originally posted by yusanord View Post
                Now if I only got an answer to my Ddrive inquiry which I sent 12th of June
                Where did you send it to? I know there is an NL address for the dildodrive already in place. I'm also pretty certain it's perfectly legal to send such toys to Amsterdam

Comment

Originally posted by weshet2 View Post
                  I rejoined but am now paying 3 times that amount...
                  Hi weshet2

On the join page you would have seen the green panel on the right that says "Get All 3". Below that panel is a link to "Customise package". That's the link that shows you the options for longer terms (3, 6, and 12 months). However, we've never offered a 3-month sub for $30.00, so please check your credit card statements to confirm that.

Anyhow, we've sorted your account to get you back to where you were before, and you should have an email with all the details.

Comment

@Leprechaun

you're right. it was 40 USD for 3 months.

as for the resigning-up page. I don't remember exactly what it was, but I seem to recall changing the rebill interval did not bring 40 USD for 3 months. As I understand it there are 2 types of legacy memberships: a normal one for returning customers and one for people who were signed up prior to the split into three content zones. the first one was easy to find. the second one is mentioned in the faq, yet the link redirects to the "regular" returning member sign-up page.

In any case thanks for the help!

Comment

Originally posted by Frans View Post
                      Where did you send it to?...
                      Email address is still the same, isn't it ?

Comment

Originally posted by yusanord View Post
                        Email address is still the same, isn't it ?
                        something like dildodrive@aw.com yeah, that the one you used?

Comment

I just wanted to chime in that the support here is excellent. When I had a problem renewing my subscription, I posted a note in the forums, and it was answered in a matter of minutes. Most places take at least 24 hours before you hear anything. AW has that beat by a country mile. Heck, when I had trouble, I posted a note in the forums, then went back and figured it out myself in a matter of minutes, but by then, I had gotten a reply from AW with the solution. That's what I call service!

Comment

The best I can tell if you let your subscription expire the old user name becomes unavailable automatically. Thus you have to Create a new user name so don't forget.!!

Comment

See, now this is what I'm worried about.I've got a similar problem, or may have. My credit card had to be changed due to fraudulent activity and I will have to renew with a new card when my subscription expires early next month. I've NEVER had my subscription expire since I first joined and I'm very fearful of problems. I don't want to deal with any change to a higher rate just because I had to change credit cards. I want the status quo to continue, but the billing here doesn't permit that. And s404abby1 says that you have to create a new user name if your subscription expires and I don't want that either! I notice that weshet2 has only 4 posts and a join date of Aug 2010. I want to keep my name as laktor and also keep my join date and post count. I don't want anything to change, but even though I plan to renew the same day my subscription expires, I'm very afraid I'm going to encounter problems, especially with keeping my 3 month renewal rate exactly the same. Can anyone assure me I won't have problems?

Comment

I share this initial fear with Laktor, in that if and when my credit card is due for renewal or for some reason I must change credit cards due to something unexpected as Laktor is currently dealing with, I might have to start over in my subscription status and posting rank, and maybe won't get to keep my current screenname. That's no fun.

It is my hope and I'm gonna pray on it that, now since the move to Amsterdam is complete, AW site administrators can once again get a handle on keeping the statuses of AW subscribers alive in the event of an unexpected glitch or even a subscriber's need for taking a brief break from subscription for financial or other reasons.

How has AW support and its associates been coming along with getting that particular area back up-to-speed?

Comment

Originally posted by s404abby1 View Post
                                  The best I can tell if you let your subscription expire the old user name becomes unavailable automatically. Thus you have to Create a new user name so don't forget.!!
                                  I can only say that mine expired for some months and I am back with the same user name, post count and joined date (which actually is wrong, but I think all the old ones got reset somehwere along the way).

HTH, SpigBud

Comment

Originally posted by wolfgangbuster29 View Post
                                    I share this initial fear with Laktor, in that if and when my credit card is due for renewal or for some reason I must change credit cards due to something unexpected as Laktor is currently dealing with, I might have to start over in my subscription status and posting rank, and maybe won't get to keep my current screenname. That's no fun.
                                    If such a thing happens contact either Lux or me using the contact form and state both your new and old forum-name. We can fix that as far as the forum is concerned.

You should be able to rejoin using your old membername, if that doesn't work please contact customer-support *before* doing anything else.

Comment

If such a thing happens contact either Lux or me using the contact form and state both your new and old forum-name. We can fix that as far as the forum is concerned.

You should be able to rejoin using your old membername, if that doesn't work please contact customer-support *before* doing anything else.
                                      What about rejoining at the same 3 month renewal rate that I've had for a long time? Just because I have to "allow" my subscription to expire in order to change my credit card shouldn't mean anything should have to change in that regard...I hope! Frans, do you know anything about this?

Comment

Originally posted by laktor View Post
                                        What about rejoining at the same 3 month renewal rate that I've had for a long time? Just because I have to "allow" my subscription to expire in order to change my credit card shouldn't mean anything should have to change in that regard...I hope! Frans, do you know anything about this?
                                        That's mostly a technical/gmbill issue, we can't change a sub to another creditcard (number). You should be able to join as returning member with your old account name, using a new creditcard. Again, if that does not work for you or you're unsure what to do please contact support (or post here) before signing up.

I was under the impression that creditcard companies didn't change your creditcard-number when they issue a new card? At least for me I've always had the same number, when my card expired I got a new one but with the same number.

Comment

That's mostly a technical/gmbill issue, we can't change a sub to another creditcard (number). You should be able to join as returning member with your old account name, using a new creditcard. Again, if that does not work for you or you're unsure what to do please contact support (or post here) before signing up.

I was under the impression that creditcard companies didn't change your creditcard-number when they issue a new card? At least for me I've always had the same number, when my card expired I got a new one but with the same number.
                                          Yes, they normally don't change a credit card number when a new card is issued around the expiration date, BUT in my case they had to because because of fraud issues. In other words, they had to cancel that cc number.

And, Frans, if I have problems or am not sure what to do, I wouldn't be able to post here because I would not have access to post on the forums. Plus, some members have had some issues when contacting support and no one has gotten back to them for a long time. I could seriously be shut out of AW for quite awhile. My membership history shows continuous renewals at a legacy member gold months for $40 US. Unless this remains the same when I renew, and I cancelled rebills and am renewing ONLY because of having no choice due to the new credit card number, then I would sadly have to leave AW permanently. Maybe I should try contacting support NOW and asking about this? Aren't there other legacy members who have had to cancel rebills and then rejoin as returning members? Were they able to return at the same rates they had before???

Comment

but not the 3 digit code on the back will change from one card to the next card from the same supplier

Comment

And, Frans, if I have problems or am not sure what to do, I wouldn't be able to post here because I would not have access to post on the forums.
                                              Yes you would. You wouldn't be able to view pictures on here, but posting will work for some time after your membership has expired.

Comment

Yes you would. You wouldn't be able to view pictures on here, but posting will work for some time after your membership has expired.
                                                How would that work since you had to be signed into the mainsite when attempting to sign into the forums? Something new?

Comment

Originally posted by wolfgangbuster29 View Post
                                                  How would that work since you had to be signed into the mainsite when attempting to sign into the forums? Something new?
                                                  You're right, seems logging into the forums now requires you to login to the mainsite as well. Never noticed that before Hmm.. that indeed only leaves the Feedback form(s) to request assistance, sorry for the confusion laktor!

Comment

It's always been like that!

Comment

Originally posted by depictmeuk View Post
                                                      It's always been like that!
                                                      goes to show how many times I've logged out of the mainsite then

Comment

Originally posted by s404abby1 View Post
                                                        Not so. You can always get your old username back, but you'll need to know the last password that you used with it (this is to prevent anyone else from getting it while you're gone from the site, and effectively ensure that your username is yours for life).

The place where people run into trouble is by going to the join page and not following the "Returning member?" link at the top-right of the page. There are two ways to get to the returning member's join page.

Method 1. If you just direct your browser to http://www.abbywinters.com/join, you land on the regular join page:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Return Discount.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	171.6 KB
ID:	639791

On that page, you need to click "Returning member?" and it will show you a login screen. Log in there with your old username and password:

Name:	Return Login.jpg
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	639792

Method 2. You (or your browser remembering your old details) can also log in on the site with your old username and password. You won't be able to download anything, but you can get to the returning member's join page by hovering your mouse pointer over the My Account link in the top-right corner of any page (including the "Access Denied" page, which is where you'll wind up if you click My Account rather than hover over it). From the drop-down menu, click "join":

Name:	Hover.jpg
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	639793

Either of those two methods will then take you to the returning member's join page, where you'll see the discount prices:

Name:	xyz.jpg
Size:	180.3 KB
ID:	639794

The pic shows the prices for members who originally joined after the site split. Founding Members like Laktor will see their old prices cos they get a little gift from the Grandfather Clause (Santa's dad), provided they rejoin within seven days of expiry. (If they miss the seven-day window, they'll see the same discount prices everyone else sees).

Okay, are we all on the same page? That's how to get the discount, here's how to get your old username back:

After you pick the plan you want to rejoin under, click JOIN NOW, and you arrive at GMBill.com's sign-up page. There are fields on that page for your username and password. If your old ones aren't already there, type them in. (The password field looks grayed out, but you can double-click it and delete it, then enter the one that you logged in with in Method 1 or 2 above:

Name:	old username.jpg
Size:	114.2 KB
ID:	639795

So, if you know your old username and password, you're good to go. If you don't know them, or you run into any problems, contact us before you complete the sign-up process by authorizing the charge:

We’d like to hear from you. We usually respond to messages within two business days (Amsterdam time). Unfortunately, our replies may end up in your spam filter, so please check. Our messages will come from @abbywinters.com, so you can … Continue reading →

Comment

Maybe I should try contacting support NOW and asking about this?
                                                          Laktor, we sent you an email the day you cancelled your rebills, explaining Method 2 (without the pics). If you haven't received that, we may have an outdated email address for you. So, if my post above doesn't explain things well enough, or if you have other questions or misgivings, definitely send us an email now. But don't worry, we don't want to lose you, and you won't lose your Founding Member's status as long as you don't go ahead and sign up at the wrong price. There's a very simple safeguard: If you don't see your old price, don't rejoin. Contact us, and we'll sort out any confusion.

Comment

Originally posted by Leprechaun View Post
                                                            Laktor, we sent you an email the day you cancelled your rebills, explaining Method 2 (without the pics). If you haven't received that, we may have an outdated email address for you. So, if my post above doesn't explain things well enough, or if you have other questions or misgivings, definitely send us an email now. But don't worry, we don't want to lose you, and you won't lose your Founding Member's status as long as you don't go ahead and sign up at the wrong price. There's a very simple safeguard: If you don't see your old price, don't rejoin. Contact us, and we'll sort out any confusion.
                                                            Thanks Lep! I just found the email that was sent to me. I didn't see it earlier because I rarely check hotmail. I sent you a reply, so I hope you receive it and get back to me. Thanks again

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                                            Working...
                                                            X