Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Streaming Videos:

Hi,
    Quite recently I have been having problems with videos not streaming properly and are constantly buffering. I have quite a quick adsl2+ connection and it seems to be happening more and more. Any suggestions or is it just internet traffic etc?

Cheers, Ian.

PS: Love the site.

You are talking about the flash vids? It sounds like your connection might be fast enough on average but not consistent. You could try downloading one of the mp4 version of the vids, I think the LQ version in mp4 of a vid usually comes close to the flash version. By downloading you avoid any streaming issue altogether.

Comment

Originally posted by Frans View Post
      You are talking about the flash vids? It sounds like your connection might be fast enough on average but not consistent. You could try downloading one of the mp4 version of the vids, I think the LQ version in mp4 of a vid usually comes close to the flash version. By downloading you avoid any streaming issue altogether.
      Hi Fran, Thanks your reply. What you advised was correct, connection was inconsistent and has been rectified by my isp. Mpeg4 videos are also known as divx aren't they? Downloading them is excellent advice.

Cheers, Ian.

Comment

Originally posted by Woodrow13 View Post
        Mpeg4 videos are also known as divx aren't they? Downloading them is excellent advice.
        The mp4 AW offers are all h264 encoded, which compresses better (it also requires a slightly stronger pc to properly view them though). Good to hear your problem is solved. Happy viewing!

Comment

I've had the very same problem lately, inconsistent in streaming vids. However, I never download unless I'm sure I want to watch the entire video and keep it because it takes up gigs and I can't get unlimited internet service here.

Comment

Originally posted by laktor View Post
            I've had the very same problem lately, inconsistent in streaming vids. However, I never download unless I'm sure I want to watch the entire video and keep it because it takes up gigs and I can't get unlimited internet service here.
            Streaming is ONLY less traffic if you jump forward while playing the vids. If you watch the entire vid via flash/stream then you're much better off download the LQ MP4 vid as it is much smaller then a 900kb Flash version.

Comment

Streaming Videos:

Hi,
              Further to my post regarding the above. Have recently noticed that when I refresh page on your site, a quick note comes up and says ' We have noticed you do not have flash player installed ' I assure you it is my programs and comes under jwl player in the properties, thought it may be causing my previous issues.

Regards,

Comment

Originally posted by Woodrow13 View Post
                a quick note comes up and says ' We have noticed you do not have flash player installed '
                That message is the default message on a newly loaded page. Once the page is loaded it actually *checks* if it can find a flashplayer, if it can it removes the message. If the message goes away, this means you have a flashplayer and all is well in the world. It's just the page is a bit slow

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                Working...
                X