Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Angel (new camera!)

Hi Guys

Here's one of a new model, Angel (babe, huh?), one of the first shot with my new camera. There was a bit of a shaky starty, but we got some great stuff. Let me know what you think of her, and the camera!

Abby

img tag disable, use attachment mgr/system to add images to postshttp://www.abbywinters.com/discus/messages/3/147.jpg

Wow!!
    If you continue to have new models coming up as gorgeous as Angel (her real name? ) then I am committed to becoming a very long term member....
    Hard to comment on the camera til we see the full series ....hint hint img tag disable, use attachment mgr/system to add images to postshttp://www.abbywinters.com/discus/clipart/happy.gif

Comment

OH BABY!!
      #1 with a bullet. Angel is awesome. She is the most beautiful model I've seen on this site.img tag disable, use attachment mgr/system to add images to postshttp://www.abbywinters.com/discus/clipart/happy.gif
      I too am gonna have to see alot more pictures of Angel before I can accurately assess the quality of that camera.img tag disable, use attachment mgr/system to add images to postshttp://www.abbywinters.com/discus/clipart/wink.gif

Comment

Sneezely,

ha! OK. I will see if I can prep her for getting on the site soon. She does spreads and insertions and all, as well. Nice.

Abby

Comment

Spreads and insertions!
          I don't believe it. You'll have to prove it to us!

Ohmigosh, she's WORLD CLASS.

Right up there in Danny/Ally territory, which is really saying something.

And now for Arsby's refrain:
          MORE MORE MORE!

Comment

Abby showed these pics of Angel to me after she took them, and I said "yeah, she's cute an' all, but you know - nothing special." And another guy we know (the mysterious Elvaar) said something similar. Whereas Abby was going nuts over her!

Well, looks like Abby was right and we were wrong - she's going to be another star after all, huh?

Comment

Abby,
              Of course Angel is beautiful, I THINK that the tones are better, the focus seems more soft, I would definitely have to perform a more in depth analysis with many more images before I could give you my "final answer".
              img tag disable, use attachment mgr/system to add images to postshttp://www.abbywinters.com/discus/clipart/wink.gif

Comment

Yeah, Ruffie, I want to see more of her In Depth! Oh, YEAH.

Comment

I gladly join in your refrain Arsby.... MORE MORE MORE!, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!

Her smile is truly heart warming.

Comment

Hi guys

Angel will be the new model next week.

Abby

Comment

Dear Abby,
                      You are a very kind individual! Thank you for posting Angel.
                      Ruffie

Comment

She's gorgeous! Skin tones superb. Lighting interesting. (Seems a lot of light is coming from the side in several photos, a nice effect.) My favorite angel011.jpg is REALLY nice, (Though I would be disappointed without the rest of the set, beautiful face, remainder of her assets... outstanding!). I think these are a superb first effort with your new camera. Congratulations! My only comment... I would like to know how sharp that camera could focus. (Sorry Abby I'm stuck on that concept, I may be trying to turn the Cannon into the Sony?)
                        Thanks for listening. Ruffie

Comment

Hi Ruffie

In hindsight, I think that these Angel images (and perhaps all images fromt his cam) need some post production image sharpening in post production. There may be a way to do it in camera as well, actually. I know what you mean. I think the Sony was oversharp, if anything.

Abby

Comment

*time passes* yes, i think that's what they need *glum* A simple "sharpen" in PSP makes a lot of diff. Give it a go, and LMK what you think.

a

Comment

Haven't tried a bit of 'post-production' myself yet..but, I do agree focus is too soft for my taste. Model is definitely worthwhile tho ;0)

Cap'n.

Comment

OK. I tried it with Photodeluxe 3. Just put on a sharpen filter. Definite improvement.

Cap'n.

Comment

Wow, that worked nicely. I didn't know that you could sharpen an image like that. Now it really looks like she's right there in the room with me. I think I'm in love! (That sharpening technique worked particularly well for me for close ups, I think my actual vision is fairly sharp, especially when I wear my glasses.) (I'm actually farsighted and can see amazing detail at distances greater than arms length.) Thanks for that suggestion Abby. However, rest assured that I don't plan to manipulate many of your images. They are wonderful. (I only sharpened image 11, just had to see the details in that beautiful face!)
                                  Ruffie

Comment

Yup, looks like I am going to have to learn how to use photoshop, and run batches, etc. I will probably re-release the Angel pics in a few months, "remastered" img tag disable, use attachment mgr/system to add images to postshttp://www.abbywinters.com/discus/clipart/happy.gif

Abby

Comment

Were there any vids made of Angel?

Comment

Originally posted by Abby
                                        Yup, looks like I am going to have to learn how to use photoshop, and run batches, etc. I will probably re-release the Angel pics in a few months, "remastered" img tag disable, use attachment mgr/system to add images to postshttp://www.abbywinters.com/discus/clipart/happy.gif

Abby
                                        A blast from the past. Did ya do it (learn)?

Don't ya just love where we were? Look how far we have come since this post was made.

Comment

Hey all, new member, natch. Good to be here. AW is the only website that I've ever been willing to pay for, oddly.

Interestingly, despite her frame, Angel doesn't much seem to be a typical AW model (assuming there really is such a thing).

Color me intrigued!

Comment

Good grief, this is a blast from the past.

No, there were no videos made of Angel. She was photographed at a time when we weren't doing video at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Spudman
                                              A blast from the past. Did ya do it (learn)?
                                              Yah, I do sharpen now - quite a lot, in two stages (before and after the image resize). I deliberately shoot the images as soft as possible in camera (all my cameras have a range of sharpening options), so then I can sharpen to taste in PS.

a

Comment

Yeah sorry for digging. Don't mean to annoy anyone.

Comment

Another quick tip for Photoshop CS users...you might want to try selecting 'bicubic sharper' in the image resize menu box. It can often save having to sharpen again after resizing.

Comment

Abby,

Regarding Photoshop, I usually find that sharpening on reduced-size images (say, less than 1200 pixels in one direction) produces a false, digital looking result. Best to do on the full size image only, if you have to.

Since your shots are often wide F stops and perhaps lower shutter speeds too (yes, I know, you like natural light), we're probably seeing a lack of focus at source sometimes. I'm curious what aperature/speed you used on the Angel shot? What's the new camera too?

Comment

Lordy, Lordy, sell my clothes, I'm going to heaven. She's...ummmm.....errrrr.....angelically beautiful.....and happily, I see a hint of the naughty in her as well. The perfect combo. Sorry, I am too Hypmo-tized by her to comment on the camera just yet (though the shot looks great). Somebody pinch me!

Comment

Yeah, Angel was probably my favorite model from way back. She has such a wholesome look like she should be out milking cows or something, it's almost shocking to see her go so far in a shoot.

Timbit

Comment

alex4654, the new camera at that stage was a Canon D30, which was excellent for it's day. That was about four years ago now, tho. I use a Canon 1DmkII.

I think I shot that Angel thing before I knew what aperture and shutter speed was, so I would have had the camera on Auto mode (ew). I vaguely remember there not being enough light, and getting a sheet on the balcony behind me to bounce more in. So woulda been f3.5 (max on that lens), and 1/80, 1/60 or so.

a

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                                          Working...
                                                          X