If it's your birthday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it's your birthday

Jamie and I are fluffing through old pics and found some real funny ones.

So...if it's your birthday, this links for you
    MWOA!
    Happy birthday
    Love Jamie and Cass xxx

img tag disable, use attachment mgr/system to add images to postshttp://www.abbywinters.com/discus/messages/7/1647.jpg

Comment

img tag disable, use attachment mgr/system to add images to postshttp://www.abbywinters.com/discus/messages/7/1648.jpg

Comment

img tag disable, use attachment mgr/system to add images to postshttp://www.abbywinters.com/discus/messages/7/1649.jpg

Comment

img tag disable, use attachment mgr/system to add images to postshttp://www.abbywinters.com/discus/messages/7/1650.jpg

Comment

img tag disable, use attachment mgr/system to add images to postshttp://www.abbywinters.com/discus/messages/7/1652.jpg

Comment

img tag disable, use attachment mgr/system to add images to postshttp://www.abbywinters.com/discus/messages/7/1653.jpg

Comment

img tag disable, use attachment mgr/system to add images to postshttp://www.abbywinters.com/discus/messages/7/1654.jpg

Comment

I remember that. But my favorite pic is this one.
                  "Come on Cass get off the phone it's your turn."
                  img tag disable, use attachment mgr/system to add images to postshttp://www.abbywinters.com/discus/messages/7/1655.jpg

Comment

But it's always my turn. You gotta put out a bit too you know!

Comment

Hey Cass and Jamie,

Love the photo's and this link and to cap it all it's my birthday next tuesday so thanks again Cass and Jamie for this early birthday present.

Comment

Loved these!
                        Slippy

Comment

Yeah, I love stuff like this. You two do lovely goofy office pics, lol

Comment

*Eesh, I suck!*

Angelus, how old will you be on Tuesday, babe?

Some birthday songs that come to mind are: Today Is Your Birthday; Happy Happy Birthday Baby; Sixteen Candles; Neil Sedaka's Happy Birthday Sweet Sixteen...can I have a hand with more?

For most of us, a birthday should be a walk down memory lane, and what better send off than a memory-jolting song, a blast from the past!

Comment

Hi Jus,

Me iz gonna be 30.

As for songs, what about, It's my party and I'll cry if want to, not too sure who sung it and the exact title though.

Comment

Lesley Gore sung "It's My Party" which, by the weirdest of coincidences, I discovered today while looking for something else.

Comment

How bout Stevie Wonders
                                  "Happy Birthday to ya, happy birthday to ya, do da da dee ....*Cass wanders off to other void singing 70's numbers leaving adoring fans clueless and waiting*"

Comment

How about "Happy Birthday" by Altered Images.

Cheers for the info on "Its My Party", quite spooky you found the info today.

Nice rendition Cass.

Comment

Yes, Leslie Gore...she was a chart-stomper back then, I think; no one-hit-wonder. Stevie Wonder was a big name, too, though I think he lasted longer than Leslie on the charts. Mom has "You Don't Own Me" by Leslie and I'd always loved it. Once, in my bedroom, I sang it to a non-existent lover, and I was soo sincere. Has anyone not done that kind of thing, sung to a heart throb who didn't either exist or wasn't in the same room at the time, crooning and swooning over the lyrics someone else made up, but you wanted to be yours for the moment? Did you cry when you did that? Have you ever mirror-kissed a love or fantasy hottie at some point?

Are we all out of birthday songs? There has to be more. If you lurkers are in the know, come down from your perch and offer some titles.

Yeah, nice rendition, Cass. Nice sunglasses and you have that head sway of his down to a T. Does he really sing do da da dee in the song? lol

Comment

Thanks Jus,
                                        I got the sunnies from K mart on special.
                                        Actually, he sings...zippidyboppedy dobbedy bob, but I got confused with all the birthday songs swimming around my head.

Did anyone mention that crap old number...happy birthday sweet 16?
                                        Not really worth mentioning on this site as there's no 16 year olds. Still, it's one for our collection.
                                        Did anyone watch that episode of the Simpsons where Homer goes to prison and meets that loony guy who thinks he's Michael Jackson. When the get out, it's Lisa Simpsons birthday and he sings...Lisa it's ya birthday, happy birthday Lisa.
                                        They really used MJ's voice for it too. It was cool

Does Paul McCartney sing a birthday song?

Comment

Originally posted by Cass
                                          Does Paul McCartney sing a birthday song?
                                          Hi Cass, first post after lurking for quite some time.. You beat me out of the bushes with that last post!

(Perhaps you were kidding, but might I suggest) BIRTHDAY

You know, by that first band he was in, before Wings? img tag disable, use attachment mgr/system to add images to postshttp://www.abbywinters.com/discus/clipart/happy.gif

p.s. I'm secretly in love with you and Jamie. Damn, secret's out.

Comment

Brownboyletamb, no comment on the other issues, but welcome to the boards. img tag disable, use attachment mgr/system to add images to postshttp://www.abbywinters.com/discus/clipart/happy.gif

abby

Comment

Alas, my reputation precedes me.. Well, that and my freakin' long handle! WTF was I thinking? Oh well, don't suppose I can change anything now..

It is UNBELIEVABLY BEAUTIFUL in Southern California today; I'm going back to the beach while my dialup modem chews on another AW download. Thanks again for everything, Abby.

Comment

Hey little brownie,
                                                Welcome welcome. And a super specail welcome for being in lve with me. Bout bloody time I'll have you know.
                                                Ah, so nice tobe in love!

Moving right along....brrrrrrrrrr(accelerates)....
                                                On todays agenda, we've got loads happening. Jamie and I have been lumped with back stage bio's to write. Jamie got all the exciting ones, and I got all the dull models who's shoots only have a story to them becasue I farted really loud in the middle of them or something not very exciting like that.

Hey Brownie, is it really a beautiful day in Callifornia? I love that song, "It never rains in Southern California. Oh it pours, man it pours". My Daddy listens to all those wicked tunes and I grew up on them. Dad would pull out his Gibson at the little local pub and get the whole place rocking and I knew all the words. Oh, the wonder years.

My point is, I really want to hit the States. I've been talking to Ratty about it. I've warned him that if I come he has to behave. And he really needs to do something about those teeth. And if you could just trim your claws too dude..!

I've got a friend in Vermont right now, and I met the spunkiest chick from Boston. Only bummer is, she went home just as we were getting really chummy. Now I have an excuse to get my ass over there. I would love to take my guitar and do a road trip. How rad would that be. Who'll put me up when I come?

What's the Paul Mccartney song? I don't know why I wrote that post. I just had a gut feeling he sang a birthday song but I can't think of how it goes.
                                                I was in a little local pub up near Byron bay once and they had a big screen with a wings concert playing. Damn they were groovy. Paul was a total grunty babe in his day. I'm positive he's had facial surgery since then. He looks weird now.

I gotta have a hit of Spiralina. I biked to work again today. It's the highlight of my days. I was running late this morning and had to leg it real fast. When I got to work and was changing I realised my undies were soaking from sweat.
                                                "Hey Jamie, my gruts are soaking" was my excited response. I forgot the part about the fast biking and the sweat.
                                                "Yep (breath in) that's ah, great Cass. How nice for you", walks quickly upstairs to aviod her strange work collegue.

Speak soon

Brownie, don't go anywhere.
                                                Love Cass

Comment

Cass! The answer's in my first post..

BIRTHDAY (Lennon/McCartney)

Intro and verse riff.

3/8 means slide from fret 3 to fret 8

E----------------------------------------------------------------------
                                                  B-----------2----3----3/8----7---5----------------------------------
                                                  G--2---2------------------------------2------------------------------
                                                  D--------------------------------------------------------------------
                                                  A--------------------------------------------------------------------
                                                  E--------------------------------------------------------------------

E-------------------------------------------------------------------
                                                  B------------2----3----3/8----7---5-------------------------------
                                                  G--2---2--------------------------------2--------------------------
                                                  D-------------------------------------------------------------------
                                                  A-------------------------------------------------------------------
                                                  E-------------------------------------------------------------------

E------------------5---5/8----7----5-------------------------------
                                                  B-------------6------------------------------------------------------
                                                  G--7----7-------------------------------7---------------------------
                                                  A-------------------------------------------------------------------

E------------------------------------------------------------------
                                                  B---------------2----3----3/8----7----5-------------------------
                                                  G---2----2-----------------------------------2-------------------
                                                  D------------------------------------------------------------------
                                                  A------------------------------------------------------------------
                                                  E------------------------------------------------------------------

E--------------------7----7/10----9----7---------------------------
                                                  B-------------9------------------------------------------------------
                                                  G---9---9------------------------------------7----------------------
                                                  E---------------------------------------------------------------------

E---------------------------------------------------------------------
                                                  B--------------2----3----3/8----7----5-----------------------------
                                                  G---2----2----------------------------------2-----------------------

A
                                                  You say it's your birthday
                                                  A
                                                  It's my birthday too yeah
                                                  D
                                                  They say it's your birthday
                                                  A
                                                  We're gonna have a good time
                                                  E
                                                  I'm glad it's your birthday
                                                  A
                                                  Happy birthday to you

E
                                                  Yes we're going to a party party
                                                  E
                                                  E
                                                  C--------------G
                                                  I would like you to dance
                                                  C--------------G
                                                  (Birthday) Take a cha - cha -cha chance
                                                  C--------------G
                                                  (Birthday) I would like you to dance
                                                  C--------------G
                                                  (Birthday) Dance
                                                  E
                                                  instrumental

A
                                                  You say it's your birthday
                                                  A
                                                  It's my birthday too yeah
                                                  D
                                                  They say it's your birthday
                                                  A
                                                  We're gonna have a good time
                                                  E
                                                  I'm glad it's your birthday
                                                  A
                                                  Happy birthday to you

(Fades out with the riff)

img tag disable, use attachment mgr/system to add images to postshttp://www.abbywinters.com/discus/clipart/happy.gif

If you don't yet own the White Album, as a singer/songwriter, you should. I'm not a superfreak Beatles fan, but hey, you gotta give props when they're deserved..

I wasn't sure if I should chime in to these boards, as I'm probably going away after my 3 months are up - at least until I can get something faster than dialup! But after reading you're leaving soon too I had to write in and say how much more enjoyment I've gotten out of the site because of what you, and Jamie, et. al. post in the discussions. As someone else posted, it gives a real warm, human feeling to the site - so it's not just, you know, VAGINAS. Though obviously there's something to be said about Vaginas..

Now I don't presume to "know" anything about you as a person, and you have to admit it's a little weird talking to someone like this (I've paid money to see you naked, after all). But you guys all seem like great people. That and you just crack me up! It must be so interesting working for Abby.. Thanks for, I dunno, being you. (cue corny music) img tag disable, use attachment mgr/system to add images to postshttp://www.abbywinters.com/discus/clipart/happy.gif

And in the spirit of Cass' post, I'll continue!

Good Lord it was 80 degrees today. Just perfect. Nice breezes so it wasn't too hot. I live about 2 miles from the water. But I guess it's hard to sell the beach to someone in Australia. When you hit the states are you doing the West Coast? I'd offer to put you up, but at the moment I'm living with the GF in her place and I'm not exactly sure how that would go over.. But who knows, by the time you come I may have been put out on the streets, LOL. Both Vermont and Boston are nice - in the Fall. I went to school in New York, even though I'm born and raised Californian, and Winter on the East Coast?.. NEVER AGAIN! Snow sucks unless I'm skiing on it.

Oh before I forget, Cass you seem like a very outdoorsy kinda gal so this might rub you the wrong way, but I've always wanted to ask a New Zealander whether he/she was a WRC fan. I used to drive a (amateur) Rally car here in the States and we'd have our share of protesters, but it was wicked fun. I had to give it up because I got injured, though. NZ is famous for its races, as is Australia. Ever go? Ever DRIVE? I'd love to have you as my co-driver. Though I'd probably be so distracted by your voice I'd drive off a cliff..

OK, that's more than enough.

Always yours, (wish it was my Birthday!)

B

Comment

wow, great pics at beginning of thread

fun stuff

Comment

Those are the most beautiful birthday wishes I've ever seen. Wouldn't mind seeing them on March 2.

Comment

Out of curiosity: what happened to the contents of posts 4 to 7 in this thread? Have they been removed for cleaning? do they reveal something we should no longer know about? Is there a bug in the boards?

I think we should be told :}

Jorinel
                                                        Last edited by Jorinel; 20 November 2004, 08:37 AM. Reason: When the post came back - so did the pictures which I couldn't see before - Ho hum!

Comment

Originally posted by Jorinel
                                                          Out of curiosity: what happened to the contents of posts 4 to 7 in this thread? Have they been removed for cleaning? do they reveal something we should no longer know about? Is there a bug in the boards?
                                                          The posts work well for me.

Could it be that you're not correctly logged on? To be able to see the pics you need to be logged on. I'm always asked for my password (AW site pw, not the boards pw) when I enter this thread (and some other threads). If you’re not identified you don't have access to the pics, and these posts do contain pics only.

Lxm
                                                          Last edited by Luxman; 20 November 2004, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                                          Working...
                                                          X