Revised sitemap functionality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Revised sitemap functionality

We're worksing on our stage two of the website database backend, so stay tuned for some neato changes. The first one we have gotten working is the sitemap. I am not 100% sold on the layout (the stuff at the top and on the RHS is all dynamic), but the functionality is there.

http://www.abbywinters.com/sitemap_frames_new.php

Click on a column header to sort by, click again to reverse sort. Of course, you can sort by name, section, age and last update).

Let us know what you think!

abby

I LOVE the sortable, scrollable model list. Outstanding. Very helpful.
    Maybe for vid-lovers you can add a Vid Available selection so they can get to the vids quickly. Maybe instead of the "age" column.

You could probably cut a bunch of the navigation pages out of the list, like the "Denied" and "Hacked" ones that no one will be seeking out.

I like the statistics bar on top. It's missing "members signed in right now!". :-P

Comment

The new site map is very good. It works well and seems to be very clever. What does it take to program a facility like this?

Comment

nursefan, you just need a skilled programmer. the site map was not as hard to program as the database behind it that runs the whole site now - the sitemap page is "just" a query for the database.

Look our for some more WAY cool features this week!

abby

Comment

Your new sitemap looks great. It is easy to get around and find the model you want to see. Good job!

Comment

Very cool, you deserve a rest now.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I take it you don't use Access as your database package?

Comment

The new model list is great! But I think it looks out of place over on the right hand side of the page, I would have expected it to have been on the left hand side.
                This is probably due in part, because I view the site at a 1600x1200 resolution, it does look better at 1024x768.
                Great features though, I can't wait to see what else is in store.

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                Working...
                X