Gaining access problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gaining access problems

Not too sure if this is the correct place to post this, but here goes anyway, I've just downloaded the Alicia pics, so I do still have access to the members section, but when I try to gain access to see the Morgan vids I keep getting the following message:

"You are not a member of abbywinters.com and may not view this particular model bio. Please press the back button on your browser and continue with your session at abbywinters.com"

Am I the only person experiencing this problem or is it a database bug????

thanks

j

Follow up to the above question, add all of the non listed models and getting the same access denied message.

Comment

Access to unlisted models is available via cookies. Do you have cookies switched off?

Comment

Hello, my internet setting is on medium, I've switched to the option to allow all cookies, I've turned off my firewall and it still comes up with the same message. Since you started to change things I never had any problems accessing any of the unlisted models, today was the first day I encountered this problem.

Comment

Hi John

Yup, there is a bit of a Thing To Know - you have to have cookies enabled, and you probably do (they are enabled on IE's "medium" preset, but you might have edited it).

Anyway, to set the cookie you need, you have to go and view a model's gallery that is not listed as "nofree", (such as yesterday's model), and look at a models' thumbs. This will set the cookie you need. From then on, you should be able to view the no-free models pics and video, and they will also show up for you on the site map, in search results, the new video page, and in the normal models gallery view.

let me know how this goes for you.

abby

Comment

Hello Abby,

Cheers for the help, it worked fine and they all show up on the site map. Phew, I was starting to panic, but all is well and is working perfectly.

Thanks again

j

Comment

Oh yeah, that's right. I knew there was a trick to it but I'd clean forgotten what it was.

Good to see it works, though.

Comment

Hi Abby:

You're so geeky! That is SUCH a turn on!

Just got my laptop back from the shop (After a complete hard drive crash.. everything, including all my work files, DLs, lost. Of course my latest backup has hardly anything from AW on it. Yeah I know, I know. Poor me. Oh well!). They reloaded I.E. and (of course) the latest AOL. Well I know I'm in the minority on this board - not only dialup, but AOL dialup - but there are ALL KINDS of error messages under AOL. I can't open a discussion page without one popping up complaining about scripts. And some of the images aren't fully loading either. YUK.

Switched to IE, and now I get different error messages, but at least I have images. Looks like these last few weeks for me are going to be trying.. Hope you figure out a workaround soon.

BB

PS What happened to my favorite shot of Alice? The one where she's standing, completely starkers, and smiling? Alice042 is close, but no cigar. The one I'm looking for was her sample image, before she was moved into "No Free". Hey, that would be an interesting thread in itself: Your hard drive crashed. You've lost everything. Who's the first model you re-download from AW.com?

Comment

BB - it's here:
                  http://www.abbywinters.com/discus/messages/3/1044.html

FYI: All sample pics are still in the samples directory; if you know the model's name you can usually figure out the URL. Occasionally spelling changes, though (Abby is shocking with spelling names, and I follow her lead most of the time until we realise we got it wrong and correct it once the set is finally live) so ask us if you need help.

Comment

Ah yes.. Thanks VidDude (and thanks for trimming my new thread title, LOL). Didn't realize it wasn't part of her original set. I like this image because a)Alice is fucking fantastic looking in it b)she's got a beautiful smile and c)the background isn't as distracting as Alice042. In fact I really like how the Bettie Page poster works in the composition of this one.

Just out of curiosity, do you think my problems are related to my crash/reload, to AOL/IE problems, to something AW is doing, or all of the above?

Comment

Just out of curiosity, do you think my problems are related to my crash/reload, to AOL/IE problems, to something AW is doing, or all of the above?
                      All three, probably. A crash means you lost some important basic Windows files, AOL is well known for problems; IE should be fine (I downloaded the latest version as of a few weeks ago and it works fine for me) but it's possible this particular version has a bug; and our Stage 2 work behind the scenes (the sitemap etc, plus other invisible workings) have been operating for a couple of weeks now.

We are doing our part, investigating the things that we have control over, but considering that most members have no problems with the site, we may not be the ones at fault.

Comment

Originally posted by Brownboyletamb
                        [B]They reloaded I.E. and (of course) the latest AOL. Well I know I'm in the minority on this board - not only dialup, but AOL dialup - but there are ALL KINDS of error messages under AOL.
                        Switched to IE, and now I get different error messages, but at least I have images.
                        FTR, we do not suppot the AOL browser. It's very unlikely that AOL (as an ISP) could be causing any problems like this. It would be helpful if you could post details of the error messages, so we can get to the bottom of this.

At the moment, I think it's unlikely anything we have done has caused these problems, as the things people are describing are pretty disparate, but if everyone could post some more info, that'd be helpful - I'd love to get it all resolved.

abby

Comment

For Abby and Vid ...

It's happened now three times in three weeks that there's been a new model sample posted at /members/news.php and, after that model has been posted, the link in the table at the top doesn't take me to her title page ... I still get the sample. This week it's Harriot. Blah!

Comment

Rnbwpnt, that's strictly the fault of myself or VidDude, not a DB or browser error. Just so you know, you can always click on the thumbnail image beside the rave itself to get to that model.

We'll try to do it better in the future, sorry for the hassle. Harriot is now fixed.

abby

Comment

BB, please LMK where you're at with this problem?

abby

Comment

Abby, not completely sure what happened, but all is OK again (or at least all is as it was before my crash... AOL still sucks, LOL). The error messages are gone from AOL's browser (the ones that complained about scripts every time I would open a discussion page) and the images that wouldn't load completely are fine now. So either you changed something at AW.com that AOL now likes, or the problem fixed itself?? Perhaps AOL wasn't completely reloaded when I attempted to browse AW.com.. it auto-downloaded some stuff at shut-down last night.

I'm still getting little error messages in IE - in the little tray thing at the bottom that shows the current page's load status.. It keeps saying "Error on page" over and over, but eventually it loads (maybe takes 1.5X the time it took pre-crash), so I'm not worried about it. When I first fired up IE after the crash I got a bunch of error dialogs when I first visited AW.com, but they've since disappeared. So maybe my problems are simply related to my crash. I never had problems with images using IE.

Maybe my computer is just evil. Thanks for checking on me. img tag disable, use attachment mgr/system to add images to postshttp://www.abbywinters.com/discus/clipart/happy.gif

BB

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                Working...
                                X