New Search Function

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Search Function

Hiya! On the model gallery pages, we have implemented a new function allowing you to search the models database alphabetically, to accompany the existing options already available. Go check it out, and tell us what you think.

I appreciate the effort that has been put in and should congratulate you on continued improvement of what was already a pretty navigable site.

A couple of things :
    1) can you sort the videos by the section they are in by clicking on section like you can by clicking on column headings on the sitemap.
    2) the g/g sets may pose a challenge for the search function. I tried Jamie and got her two solo sets but not her ones with Gabrielle and Annabel. However if I type in Gabrielle instead I do get it. Is this because it is listed as Gabrielle and Jamie, not Jamie and Gabrielle?

Good job fella.

Comment

Hi SF

(1) We're adding section sort functionality shortly.
      (2) Yes, we know anot this problem, it is because of the reason you suggest. I'd like for it to be shown both ways, but that involves some pretty serious changes at a lower level (we store the models in a shoot as an entire string (ie, "Annabel and Jamie", not "annabel" + "jamie").

We are looking at adding some kinda site search functionality, tho, which will search all text components ('boards, raves, bios, backstage, etc), and that would return useful info I think. Proabably a Stage 3 thing, tho (this stuff we're doing now is stage 2).

abby

Comment

I hope this doesn't sound overly critical because I think this is a great site.

1) The viewgallery and search gifs do not display on the page, when it is viewed from the members page link, but they do appear when viewed from the Content/Main Gallery link on the menu?
        2) I have a 1600x1200 display (do others use a larger resolution to view the site?) and I was surprised to have to scroll down to see all of the models on each gallery page now, could the number of columns on the page be increased rather than the number of rows?

Comment

Hi Jim

Don't think I have seen you post on the boards before, so welcome, and thanks for your feedback. Definitely not overly critical.

(1) I am not sure what you mean by the "members page link" - please provide more detail?

(2) I am on 2048x1536, and I never maximise the browser on my screen - it'd look whacky, as would every other webpage (and be hard to read). The site is designed to 1024x768, it looks great at that res, tho there is plenty of vertical scrolling. Deciding to go to that res for the base site design is pushing the envelope as it is (8x6 is the general std these days), and four columns would not fit at that res.

So, I hear you, but we cannot generate pages based on your res (for now, realistically, anyway; we do have plans one day for user to be able to set prefs like this, but it'd place a larger load on the server and involve a fair bit of work for a feature that only a few people would appreciate - not really worth it).

However, on point (1), seems like there'sa a bad link, and I'd like to see iot fixed, just need a bit more info from you on it, tho.

Thanks for the feedback, always appreciated.

abby

Comment

Originally posted by Jim
            [B]1) The viewgallery and search gifs do not display on the page, when it is viewed from the members page link, but they do appear when viewed from the Content/Main Gallery link on the menu?
            My fault. Fixed that.

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
            Working...
            X