NEW DESIGN: Compatibility issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEW DESIGN: Compatibility issues

This is the thread to discuss compatibility issues, that is, how your browser displays the new design here.

Please be sure to include your operating system (ie, Mac OSX, Win98SE, etc), your browser (ie, Internet Explorer, Opera, Netscape), and the version of browser (very important). We'll analyse the problem, and hopefully fix it.

Posting to the boards gives us a real indication of the scope of the problem, and people might notice things thay might have otherwise missed.

Thanks for you help - and your patience.

Abby

On line 173 character 50 of this page IE 6.0 gives me a Javascript error: expecting ";". Seems to happen on all forum threads.

It does not mess anything up, so it must be a very minor syntax error.

That is all I have found so far.

Comment

Well that's odd. I didn't think there was any javascript on the boards - it's all cgi.

I use IE5.5 so it's hard for me to tell. I'll look at it later in the week from somebody's IE6.0

Comment

Just for fun, I examined the HTML. IE 6.0 complains about line 174 column 50 of this page, which reads in part:

[TR BGCOLOR=99CCFF] [TD VALIGN="top" COLSPAN="2"] [A NAME=POST5]

Should the NAME parameter be quoted, i.e. [A NAME="POST5"] ?

Incidentally, there are 4 Javascript functions at the top of this page, but it seems to be HTML that the IE 6.0 parser is complaining about.

Note: I had to replace angle brackets with square ones to make the HTML show up in the message, but you get the idea.

Comment

See, all I changed to get the board updated were the colours... So unless I accidentally erased something (not unlikely) I don't know why you're getting this error. I'm gonna check out what the board-designer has to say on his site.

Comment

Not really a compatibility issue, but there is a typo on the Members page:

Headlines: Udated models, Sally, Raven; New Design!

Do you not mean "updated"?

Picky, picky...

I expect the HTML syntax error on the boards (if such it is - I have not checked) probably showed up before the re-design. I just noticed it when I was testing.

Comment

I blame the gremlins. Yep, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Abby -

I still have one minor problem with my copies of Mac OS 9.X Netscape 4.X. On almost(?) all the pages with the new menus, the menu titles ("Home," "Content," "Membership," etc.) themselves are active, and return "javascript:void(0)" when I click on them.

Also, I haven't checked with IE Explorer, but I'm presuminig the "Fetish Index" and "Site Map" pages really are empty.

Comment

That sounds like more like a major problem to me ..

Comment

The javascript void thing is MEANT to be telling your browser that they aren't active. So just don't click on them, you won't have a problem.

However, blank pages seem like a problem. I'll figure that out for you today sometime.

Comment

Bad Browsers! Bad Mac!

IE 4.51/Mac OS 9.04 doesn't see any menus. (IE 5.X on Mac OS 9.2 and X 10.1 both work fine.) Netscape 4.72 on Mac OS 9.04 definitely pulls up empty "Fetish Index" and "Site Map" pages. This was between 10 and 10:15PM, EDT.

It's OK - I'll make up my own Fetish Index ;-)

Comment

I don't have an answer yet for the menus not working in IE4.51, as they are designed to work in every 4.x and higher version of IE and NS (and Opera)... I will investigate.

However, I have solved the visibility problem for the fetish and sitemap pages - thanks for pointing those discrepancies out.

Comment

Thanks, Videoman. The "Index" and "Site Map" look fine...

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                          Working...
                          X