About a picture and photoshoots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About a picture and photoshoots

I was going through the lastest updates and found that Casey Redux. pic 48 I think .... http://www.abbywinters.com/members/g...r_casey048.jpg
    was missing part of her thumb and fingers????? Just something I noticed.
    I would really like to see more of the girls butts on here. It frustrates me when I look at the upcoming models only to find a few pictures of them standing frontly nude in last few pictures of the entire set (Pic 100 of 100). I'd like to see a little more.
    I would like to see a some sort of standard in place that at the bare minimum we as members can expect at least a few pictures of every different type of pose. I don't know if this is fair for the models butt it is just a request.
    Here is one of Debbie 26 that I really like. http://www.abbywinters.com/members/s.../debbie026.jpg

I don't spend alot of time on the discussion board , first time actually, butt I don't think that I am to far of base here. I love the site.
    The Ram

Hiya Theram, and welcome to the boards.

Regarding that pic of Casey, that's a trick of the lighting. That shot was lit in part by fill flash from the front, and partly by daylight from behind. Dayling is a constant light source, but a flash only lasts for a very brief moment. As her hand was only lit by the flash at that angle, and she was moving her hand fast, only some of it was lit. Kinda hard to explain, but i hope you get what I mean.

Yes, we have a lot of requests for more butt shots, RedRat, regular board poster at the forefront. I am not sure why I don't shoot much of these, but I am definitely shooting more now, and Jamie reminds me when I forget. I love a good bum as well, so I have no excuse, other than I am in a rut of not shooting them. Kerry K has some great ones, BTW. As you hint at, some models are not interested in doing more revealing poses (like the sample of Debbie you link to), so that can be a limiting factor. In those shoots, I do tend to include several closed-leg bum shots; not sure if they float your boat or not, however.

You mention that you'd also like to see more standing front on nude - I do tend to include that in most sets these days (ie, stuff added to the site in the last year; I know my early stuff had little of it). More is probably not appropriate, unless it's in the context of the shoot (some shoots, of course, are done all standing).

For a standard list of poses... maybe. There are several schools of thought on that, and my knee-jerk reaction is, there is no manual on how to do a good shoot. I am worried that my shoots would look too samey (something I am in danger of now, I feel) if I added a list of standard poses. I know several shooters who do this, and their stuff really DOES look samey. Could be for other reasons, of course, but I am wary of it.

I agree, def more room for bum stuff. Standing stuff, not so much. I'd be keen to hear of you or anyone else feels there are poses I am missing out on?

Thanks for the feedback, theram.

abby

Comment

I still feel there are not enough full length frontal nude shoots as a rule, either stood or lying down. I also like to see a few fully clothed shots prior to the strip.

Maybe some 'photo reference' type shots, both fully clothed & nude and maybe casting videos?

As you say any 'standard' thing becomes 'samey'......but so what if that is what folk like?

Cap'n. img tag disable, use attachment mgr/system to add images to postshttp://www.abbywinters.com/discus/clipart/smile.gif

Comment

cap, good point, on the "what ppl like". I need to think about this more.

I always include plenty of shots of the models clothed, not sure what you mean with that comment?

We do take topless test shots of every model we interview, but we tell them they don't go anywhere exept for our own use (we interview lotsa pple ach week, so we need to keep track of who is who). That means casting pics are out, sorry.

That being said, maybe we should start asking models we do shoot, if we can use their casting pics. Hm. I think most of them would have no problem with that. Jamie?

abby

Comment

Good idea about the full length frontal nude photographs Capt'n. As I have said before I also like the full body shots looking down along the model's body towards her legs, almost like looking from her point of view (except not because her head is also in the picture). Some good examples of this on the ISM site (without the models face though, as she takes her own pics on that site).

By all means I think it is good that people are suggesting certain poses/angles they'd like more of (eg butt shots) but to do the same positions every time would be too samey. There are certain kinds of shots that you should do in every shoot cos you capture them so well (bum, pubic hair, water related shoots where the girls get wet etc), but as you point out some models are willing to go further than others. Depending on the explicitness, location, body features of the model etc, I think it is good you take a slightly different tack with each set. This also allows you to capture the different personalities, interests of each model. For example your shoots with gymnasts/athletes contain a nice variety of athletic poses which I'd perhaps not expect from other models.

SF

Comment

A quickie idea: Why not get their permission at interview to use one fully clothed test shot to run by us here in the forums if you're on the fence about whether or not to shoot a particular candidate.

Comment

Rnbwpnt,

Not a bad idea, but when we speak to people ont he phone, we tell them that when they come in for the interview, they will be asked to pose for a series of topless test shots, and that these images are for our internal use only. I do not think it would be fair on them to ask for permission to use them commercially, as they would feel pressured to say yes.

We're ultra-careful about things like that, as we are in a business that has all the moral cards in the deck stacked against us. ANY allegation of wrongdoing is bad news (regardless of it's legitimacy), so we make sure we do everything we can to keep the models relaxed and un pressured. Imagine if a model said "well, they asked me if they could use some extra photos they took of me - after they told me they would not, and I felt I had to say yes, or I might not get any more work, and my mum is sick, and my little brother is still in school, and...." = bad.

Ok, so maybe that was a bit overboard, but you get the drift.

I realise this is opposed to what I said above, but on thinking about it more, I think it's only sensible. I'd like to know what Jamie thinks, tho, as she deals with the models at the interview much more than I do...?

abby

Comment

Of course, as I'm not in the business, I wouldn't know (as much as I might love a job that involved my being in close proximity to so many beautiful women). And, of course, I'm well aware of the reputation within the adult industry that is, in many cases, well deserved, and that you strive to not operate in that manner, and so first and foremost you must protect the integrity and reputation of your business within the community of people who actually do the modeling. img tag disable, use attachment mgr/system to add images to postshttp://www.abbywinters.com/discus/clipart/happy.gif So if our suggestions will seriously bungle things for you, well puh-leeze ignore us! img tag disable, use attachment mgr/system to add images to postshttp://www.abbywinters.com/discus/clipart/happy.gif

In some ways, this issue could be addressed by simply changing what you ask for on the phone, so expectations are set prior to interview. Or, if they decline even the clothed shot, make it a point to make sure they understand it's strictly optional and that you hire models who refuse if they meet your other requirements. You can even keep a running total of "percentage of interviewees we hire overall" and "percentage of interviewees we hire who refuse the clothed shot" and if they come within a few points of each other, you can show you're non-discriminatory on the point.

And for the candidates you've already got scheduled, don't change anything because you've already committed to not using their photos from the test session. Simply decide what date you'll change what you ask for, and anybody booked prior to that date is handled one way, anybody after is handled the other. That way nobody is violated but you can effect a change of business practice at the same time, as your booking schedule allows. A simple notation in the appointment calendar can keep it straight for you.

Comment

Abby,
                  While there is a discussion going on about this.......I'm a loyal member..........I know I've brought this up before a little..........I love your unique ideas in your site..................buttt..............I am really starting to get frustrated waiting for the new models you shoot(which you post as upcoming models)........and there is nothing wrong with the picture quality and backdrops when they do appear........buttt.........can I see more all around nudity. Please...
                  Also, if I had one wish my wish would be img tag disable, use attachment mgr/system to add images to postshttp://www.abbywinters.com/discus/clipart/happy.gif that you could post the entire models set& video shoot in one update instead of over days/months. (((I know the reasoning behind this!!!!))))
                  It's constructive critism.....no offense intended......buttt I pay a good junk of change $U.S. that gets converted into Canadian currency.....in other words double the price. Don't get upset about what I stated.....just something for you to think about......I know its your site and the way you run it is really up to you buttt I also know that you didn't get this far in this business by not listening to what others/members are requesting......................

Comment

Argh! We're being attacked by excessive punctuation! Everyone run for cover!

Comment

Theram I don't understand your money issues, are you saying that Canadian dollars are worth the same as US dollars, so one Canadian dollar is worth the same as one US dollar??

Comment

Okay, I've moved this to The Ram's earlier thread, as it seems a more appropriate place for his concerns.

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                        Working...
                        X