Joining Clips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joining Clips

I don't know if this has been discussed, but I find that many of the clips on the site do not play correctly when joined.

Is this intentional?

Let me be the first to say "Huh?"

What app are you using to join them up? What do you mean by not playing 'correctly'?

And last of all, why are you joining them up?

Comment

Originally posted by Vid Dude
      Let me be the first to say "Huh?"

What app are you using to join them up? What do you mean by not playing 'correctly'?

And last of all, why are you joining them up?
      OK VDude I am not very technical s bear with me, I have tried joining with RMJ Movie Joiner, Camel, and a coule of others that I can't recall.

Why am I joining? well it is better to view a series of Vids as one Vid, wouldnt you agree? I dont join vids from different series.

Finally what are the symptoms, well the files join OK but then the joined file normally stalls at the end of the first clip, I had wondered if this was because you have a title sequence at the start of each vid for some reason. There are a few series that seem to play OK but mist dont.

I have checked out some that dont join and tried another more sophisticated joiner. It seems that the ones that show problems have clips with different audio bit rates.
      Last edited by dom; 6 March 2004, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Ah, different audio bitrates. That's interesting...

I do know that over the years there have been many different programs and codecs that I've used to make the mpegs, but I can't recall any off the top of my head that were changed partway through a set. But that doesn't mean it hasn't happened.

Occasionally I might have a different video bitrate in case there is a lot of detail in the scene that is getting obscured by the compression, but that would also be the same across the whole set, and not change horses midway through the stream.

Would you say this is common, or is it just 2 or 3 sets that this happens to in the whole site? Can you name a few of them so I can recall what may have happened?

Thanks Dom

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
        Working...
        X