Backstage video?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backstage video?

Any chance of getting a backstage video??

Backstage video?

Have you ever thought about putting together a backstage video?

It's probably redundant with the existing Backstage section, but I think it would be fun to see outtakes or behind the scenes video of the shoots.

Comment

I've merged these threads that coincidentally were about the exact same thing.

The answer is, yes, I've thought about it. But I haven't seen a way to put it together. It's not like we can do it like the Toy Story credits with beeps and "Marker!", especially since the outtakes aren't interesting or funny enough. They'd just be more of the same only different.

It's a nice idea in theory, but in practice it just wouldn't work. Sorry to say.

Comment

A backstage video could be interesting. It doesn't have to be the outtakes like in Toy Story. But thinking at the photographs in the backstage section, I could imagine you have similar stuff on video. Girls waiting for her shooting, fooling around, drinking water or just doing nothing. It could also be funny to watch Jamie operating the video camera, or helping the models filling out the forms, etc, etc, etc.

You know how curious your members are (me too), they want to know and see everything what happens behind the scenes. Just have a look at the unpublished footage, maybe you'll find something what could match to our request.

lxm
        Last edited by Luxman; 7 March 2004, 12:21 AM.

Comment

I think what luxman is trying to say is that AW girls don't have to be nude to be watchable (yes it helps but we get that anyway). If the shoots are as much fun as they appear, then there should be a way to 'bottle' it for public cobnsumption!!!

Comment

Originally posted by stewie
            ...AW girls don't have to be nude to be watchable (yes it helps...
            You’re right; they don’t have to be nude at the beginning. What I want to say is that, for me, one of the greatest things at AW is that the girls start their shooting in their clothes and get naked after a while.

It’s like when you meet a girl for the first time. She’s normally not naked at that time, and you’ll have the pleasure to discover her hidden beauty later on. I find the situation, where the girl starts to undress, gets naked, and finally shows you all the secret places of her body, very erotic. It’s like in the real life.

And all the girls here are real life girls you could see tomorrow on the street or in the office. Anyway, a backstage video would be highly appreciated by most of the members here, I’m sure.

Vid Dude, start your computer, launch your Premiere and create a super video for us, please.

lxm

Comment

Originally posted by luxman
              Vid Dude, start your computer, launch your Premiere and create a super video for us...
              Another proposal: If you don't have the time to do it, send your tapes over here and I promise, you will get a video (or some videos) that would fully comply with the AW quality policy. I’m doing video editing at a pro level since 9 years now, so if I can help, you’re welcome.

lxm

Comment

It's not about time, though it would be very daunting to fish through a lot of tapes for the stuff you want...

The problem is that there isn't anything worth seeing. The stuff I cut out is usually the camera moving, the boring repetition of stuff that has to be cut down, badly focussed shots, and flubs like the model using their real name accidentally. None of those are things I could or should share.

You really do get to see everything there is. There's virtually nothing left over.

Comment

That's cool, I'm just happy you seem to know when to leave stuff in that you wouldn't usually. Cases in point, Andrea laughing at the end of her video, Michelle's botched introduction to hers which gives her a fit of giggles and Jamie's directions to Connie, coupled with Connie's self-depreciating jokes.

I hope you will continue to show lighter or funny moments with models like these who have just a little bit extra personality/humour inside them.

SF

Comment

Those are happy accidents, usually. I like to have a certain length of time after the model says goodbye to add the end titles. If the camera suddenly cuts out, then I'm stuck and have to extend it artificially. But if I just let the tape run I often keep what they say or do then as part of it, even if it's totally out of context from what the rest of the vids were portraying, just as a little kicker for a good farewell.

Comment

Originally posted by Vid Dude
                      The stuff I cut out is usually the camera moving, the boring repetition of stuff that has to be cut down, badly focussed shots, and flubs like the model using their real name accidentally. None of those are things I could or should share.

You really do get to see everything there is. There's virtually nothing left over.
                      I think there is a misunderstanding. I’ll fully agree with you that you wouldn’t share the bad scenes you cut out. I also wouldn’t show my accidents to my audience, that’s why we edit the movies: to remove the failed takes to get a viewable result. Finally the audience should get a good finished product the viewers can enjoy.

What I meant is a backstage video edited with scenes that were shot while the photo or video shootings, maybe by a second camera. This way you could get the takes I mentioned before: the girls waiting, drinking, talking together, filling out their forms, getting their make up, some preparations of the shooting, the directives to the models, some technical stuff, and, and, and…

Nobody wants to see bad focused or trembling takes, but everybody wants to see what’s going on while the shootings. Take the photographs in the backstage section. There are not only outtakes, but also a lot of images specifically taken for capturing the atmosphere during the shootings. Some examples: backstage0028 – 0035, 0049 – 0117, 0132 – 0158, 0231 – 0267 (the one I really love), Jamie with the camcorder, feet in the water, and a lot more.

I know this means yet more work, but your audience surely would be thankful.

lxm
                      Last edited by Luxman; 13 March 2004, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Can I chime in with Luxman here? What he describes is something I too would love to see......pwetty please?

Comment

I'm happy that I'm not the only fool here who wants that stuff. Fine!!

Maybe with some more people supporting this idea we could touch the heart of our hosts and help them to develop the backstage video project.

Dear Abby, because you are frequently searching new ideas for videos, why not consider this one? On the DVDs I buy, I always first have a look at the “making of”. I love seeing how they did and what happened at the production. Sometimes that is more interesting than the movie itself.

lxm

BTW: The backstage section of the site was for me one of the triggers to subscribe.

Comment

Okay, now I understand.

Here's the problem: None of us want to be on camera. We value our privacy. I am a small exception in that there are a few pics of me in the backstage area, if you know where to look. But Abby is definitely not willing, Elvaar is very sensitive about it, I think I look dorky in any situation, and the rest of the team aren't really involved with our shoots.

Who does that leave? Jamie. Well, you see her in the videos already some of the time.

Sorry, it sounds like a great idea I know, but we really aren't willing or photogenic subjects.

However... I can probably wangle a video of a model that shows the whole process of interview, travel to location, clothes choosing, and aftermath. But we'd be carefully editing out all of us, and anything else that compromises our privacy.

Comment

Originally posted by Vid Dude
                              None of us want to be on camera.
                              I understand that (I think most of your members do). I love to take video and photographs, but I hate it being filmed or photographed. You all have the right to protect your privacy, no problem. When I look at the backstage stuff, there are only a few images where you can see a part of somebody of your crew. And that's ok.

But I think we all here like the stuff I mentioned in one of my previous posts. So your colleagues don’t need to be visible, and beside Jamie, Abby and the models there aren’t any persons we’d like to see (just joking!).

lxm
                              Last edited by Luxman; 14 March 2004, 02:26 AM.

Comment

I had another idea last night. You could compile a kind of theme or presentation clips. Edited in the style of a music clip and with different takes of different girls this could be something very funny.

Examples:
                                • You choose a fast rhythmic music and takes where the girls are jumping, running and moving around. You edit the takes in the rhythm of the music (hard cuts) and you will get a “jump video”.
                                • You choose a slow and romantic music (like the memory of trees), the takes should also be romantic, you add a slight blurr filter and edit the hole stuff in the rhythm of the music, this time with a lot of long dissolves, And you have your “romantic video”.
                                • You choose a funny and fast music, you use only takes where the girls are speaking (without original audio), edited again on the rhythm of the music (hard cuts) you will get the ultimate “chatter video”.

There are a lot of other possibilities for theme videos:
                                • models parade (dressed & undressed)
                                • nature & outside
                                • bedroom
                                • faces
                                • body parts
                                • love g/g
                                • love g/b (if you have more couples)

The best of all: you can do this without the need of new takes, you can use what you have already and get completely new results.

I have done this before with stuff recorded in aquariums from different travels. I used the footage from four different aquariums (including Kelly Tarlton’s in Auckland), edited them on a slow music (Enya) and I have got a totally new “underwater video” of about 4 minutes.

lxm
                                Last edited by Luxman; 14 March 2004, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                Working...
                                X