This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aesthetica Vulvae Labiorumque

Seeing the lovely Jacinta spreading her butterfly wings set me thinking about what one might term vulvic aesthetics. Do forum members have any preferences? Are you able to say one pussy is more beautiful than another?

(For myself, I find vulvas of all different 'styles' beautiful - and I use that word advisedly as the online dictionary defines beautiful as: - 'Having qualities that delight the senses, especially the sense of sight.')

In most aspects of human appearance, there are ideals. These are dependent on one's culture, so for example, the fleshy women of Rubens' paintings were as much exempla of 'beauty' at the time he lived, as the women in the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition (say) are today. Obviously, individual tastes vary - I prefer women who are less blonde (generally), less tanned (unless naturally dark-skinned), and less 'airbrushed' to the magazine ideal, but still I can recognise that our culture would class the magazine model as beautiful.

However, there are no cultural standards as to what comprises a beautiful vulva (I'm disregarding issues like presence or absence of hair and concentrating on the flesh itself). There aren't many, I guess for penises, but I presume 'big but not too big' might be the one obvious one (and Americans seem to have a preference for those that have been ritually mutilated!), but the poor vulva, less seen even than the cock, which at least gets to dangle about outside, lacks any terms of reference at all.

In fact, there isn't even much in the way of standard vocabulary to describe female genitals (beyond the bare anatomical terms). Everyone has a mental image of the difference between curly and straight hair, most can distinguish between a snub nose, a button nose, a roman nose etc. but when we talk about labia (for example), do people get a strong mental image that allows them to picture, say, 'meaty lips' (to quote from the fetish page). And if lips are not 'meaty', what is the standard term for non-meatiness?

I recall seeing a TV programme a good few years back that featured an American sexologist who divided up vulvas (vulvae?) into several different types dependent on shape etc. which he (or she, I can't remember) named after different animals - I think 'deer' and 'horse' were two of them. The terminology was supposedly borrowed from a Native American people. I tried to find some info on this with a Google search, and couldn't turn anything up, but I did find some other informative pages, a few of which did at least give a little info to deal with this taxonomical issue. This page, for example, is quite detailed on anatomy and includes some drawings by feminist sexologist Betty Dodson showing several of the infinite varieties of pussy shape (scroll down about two thirds of the way for the pics).

So, as this is a site where many visitors are keen vulvic aestheticians, post your preferences (if you have them). Big or small, prominent or secretive clitorises? Fat crinkly inner lips that protrude thtough the outer labia, or neat little vertical Mona Lisa smiles? Pastel pink, rose red, or tawny brown colouration? Feel more than free to post examples from among Abby's models (or elsewhere) of what you like or what leaves you cold (remembering to be respectful to the models, of course) and of what terms you would use to describe particular styles of pussy.

Hey PJay, thanks for bringing up such an interesting subject. I still remember very clearly in 1970 going to a nude show in decadent California. One of the dancers had protruding labia minora. I had never seen that before (not that I had a lot of experience then. AW.com wasn't around. ( Was Abby?) I thought something was really strange as she was the only one of the dancers like that.

Also there were rules for nude dancers. They could not spread their legs and open their lips up. I think this also caused an exclusion of women with protruding labia from dancing, because they were an instant violation. This is just a guess. Anyone out there from CA with knowledge of this?

Penthouse was just debuting in 1970 and featured full frontal nudity, but it was still rare to see protruding labia minora. Playboy resisted for years and years showing any protruding lips even after they started showing shaved pubes.

I guess that's the long way of saying I like em puffing out. Mya is an excellent current example also.

da Spud

Comment

Thanks for getting the ball rolling, Bigspud.

I'd like to have been a fly on the wall of the committee that drew up the Exotic Dancer (Labial Exposition) Regulations for the state of California

Mya's inner lips certainly protrude through the upper area of her vulvic cleft, before she ever spreads her labia majora. A lot of this protruding flesh seems to be a fairly chunky clit hood, but her inner labia aren't especially long - all the thickness is in the top half and towards the bottom, the lips dwindle back to smooth skin., rather than forming a raised enclosure as in some other women (e.g. Anastacia or Shannon). They're what you might term porch labia or awning labia. (Anyone got a better description? I don't think 'porch' is a particularly sexy word!)

Anymore preferences, or just remarks?

Comment

Here's my idea of the perfect video segment: the model after doing the "getting to know me" stuff (chatting, anecdotes, showing room, strip etc) procedes get comfortable and show her vulva, spreading and pointing using the sort of language seen above to take her audience on a tour of her pussy. A closest on AW.com is Jeanettevid2 where she does a little anatomy lesson. Loved that video! Lets see more! Of course many models would not be comfortable with such a display, but surely some would!?!
        I find it frustrating sometimes when a model seems to want to show more, but for some reason the opportunity is not taken or else it's edited out (surely not) the most frustrating example has to be Zanavid3 -- she's almost begging for a closeup! She is talking about her "vaginal area" and what is-or-is-not normal, it could have been the dream video segment!

Anyway, enough of a rant! I tend to like what I would call "interesting but neat" labia. Fairly full puffy outer lips. Inner lips that can just be seen when the legs are open wide and that spread nicely and fairly evenly (not too "tangled" looking). I like a small but prominant clit that "pops" nicely when the lips are spread.
        Variety though is the spice of life.

I enjoy trying to guess what a models pussy will look like early in the set, try to create a mental picture and compare it to reality when it is finally revealled. I figure if I get good I could be like one of those "guess your height and weight" guys at the country fair, could be a lucrative next career!

Man I'm a perve! Aren't we all?

Timbit

Comment

Originally posted by pjay

Mya's inner lips certainly protrude through the upper area of her vulvic cleft, before she ever spreads her labia majora. A lot of this protruding flesh seems to be a fairly chunky clit hood, but her inner labia aren't especially long - all the thickness is in the top half and towards the bottom, the lips dwindle back to smooth skin., rather than forming a raised enclosure as in some other women (e.g. Anastacia or Shannon). They're what you might term porch labia or awning labia. (Anyone got a better description? I don't think 'porch' is a particularly sexy word!)

Anymore preferences, or just remarks?
          I think mya's rather fleshy clithood is in a nice coherence with her also slightly plump body, so all the thickness is protruding, a truly "aesthetica vulvae". At this, thank you bringing up this interesting thread pjay.

In case of the awning labia (english is not my main language, can't help another therm) i had to look several times. With shannon what we see is the inner labia right, with the pic of anastacia also the inner labia plus just above the "porch" of the clitoris. So we got somehow 2 "porches". If we look at mya123 (wanted to attach the pic here, tried several times, well i am still a novice) we can see that clearly whereas at pic mya124 the "separation" just disappeard. Funny thing, anybody got some explanation?
          yealith

Comment

Originally posted by timbit
            I enjoy trying to guess what a models pussy will look like early in the set, try to create a mental picture and compare it to reality when it is finally revealled.
            Timbit
            Hey, thats what I do in everyday life, unfortunately the women wont "finally" reveal it all, so we have to rely on our guesses only. Luckily, on aw.com we find such a great variety of woman, gives us some clues and we may improve our mental imaginary.

yealith

Comment

Originally posted by yealith
              If we look at mya123 (wanted to attach the pic here, tried several times, well i am still a novice) we can see that clearly whereas at pic mya124 the "separation" just disappeard. Funny thing, anybody got some explanation?
              I think that's just a question of the direction in which Mya was spreading her pussy. If (like me) you have a bit of a belly, you can create all sorts of folds, creases and ridges, depending on which way you press the flesh (so to speak). Obviously my belly is not as visually pleasing as Mya's snapper

Comment

I think that's just a question of the direction in which Mya was spreading her pussy. If (like me) you have a bit of a belly, you can create all sorts of folds, creases and ridges, depending on which way you press the flesh (so to speak). Obviously my belly is not as visually pleasing as Mya's snapper
                Mya´s snapper: that sounds great. Youre well explanation cleared the question, thanks.

Comment

One of my favourite is of Mariah from dionysian: a very inviting and what I call it "ripe" pussy with great beauty. Perfect in pink color of ostium vaginae on pic168, note the structured "spine" from the clithood down to the orificium externum urethrae in pic159, a rare sight.

Anybody knows how the swollen mound is called at the entrance of ostium vaginae?

yealith
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Yealith; 22 March 2004, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Which swollen mound? The one north of the clitoris oft covered with hair is called the mons pubis, I think.
                    Otherwise, here is a nice picture of the naughty bits closer in to the vagina.

Comment

... ostium vaginae ...orificium externum urethrae ...
                      That'll teach me to get fancy with the Latin in the subject field

For those without the "benefit" of a classical education, the subject line translates 'The Aesthetics of the Vulva and Labia" - I was going for a spoof of a classical work of philosophy etc.

Personally, I don't like too many medical terms when talking about the human body, though they clearly help to distinguish which bits exactly we're talking about where slang terms fail. "Fanny", for example, is not only rather vague, but also has a quite different meaning for Americans!

Nice pics, by the way - a not too dissimilar shape to Mya's.

I'm not sure, however, quite which mound you're talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by arsby
                        Otherwise, here is a nice picture of the naughty bits closer in to the vagina.
                        http://www.vh.org/adult/provider/ana...fperineum.html
                        Not a very nice picture - reminds me too much of when I shared a flat with a medical student who was, frankly, a little too keen on dissection!

Comment

While we are on the subject. I was reviewing some pics and I saw the pics of Sanji (esp 068) with very dark labia. I have noticed this before and also that some women have darker parts to the labia. Sort of like they got exposed to air and got darker.

I never knew any place to ask so just sort of forgot about it, but here is another matter. Any ideas?

da Spud

Comment

That'll teach me to get fancy with the Latin in the subject field

For those without the "benefit" of a classical education, the subject line translates 'The Aesthetics of the Vulva and Labia" - I was going for a spoof of a classical work of philosophy etc.

Personally, I don't like too many medical terms when talking about the human body, though they clearly help to distinguish which bits exactly we're talking about where slang terms fail. "Fanny", for example, is not only rather vague, but also has a quite different meaning for Americans!

Nice pics, by the way - a not too dissimilar shape to Mya's.

I'm not sure, however, quite which mound you're talking about.
                            OK, look at this as my share of joking as well, I am not at all keen on medical terms either. However, arsby´s link may give us some clues on what we are talking about.

Lets get back to the topic in clear lingo:

Which swollen mound I mean: On damah1683, between the vaginal opening and the peehole (dark spot almost hidden) its the nicely shaped, thick hill or "swollen mound" as I called it. What would that be called in "clear" language?

Two pics of a wonderful daabr349, (another pussy at her "peak of ripeness"), lots of ridges and dells here, may show it also: the "swollen mound" I mean is just around the top of the vaginal opening, with peehole above slightly on the right, 1 "rift" left and 2 on the right side. daabr2691 shows us another angle, where we again see the one in question just above the this time bigger vaginal opening.
                            yealith
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Yealith; 23 March 2004, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Another pussy to die for is of yummy annabel. Love this two pics very much, nicely closed first, spread apart like a tulip the second.
                              Make them play back and forward in your viewer, an amazing sight.
                              Attached Files

Comment

There was mention in another thread of a website that goes into incredible detail about the structure of a woman's external sex. I don't remember the name of the site or the thread, but I bet that would have the answer to your question yealith.

Loved the pics!

Comment

I loved the pics, too!

Bigspud is probably talking about www.The-Clitoris.com.

Click on Anatomy, then scroll down the anatomy page. You get nice sized illustrations from a dozen books.

For those of you who get off on verbal descriptions, go the the masturbation section and read some of the "experiences of visitors". I found it very erotic (and not a little voyeuristic).

Comment

Arsby, that's the site (the-clitoris.com) I posted in my initial post - certainly the best I could find via Google.

Yealith, based on the anatomical descriptions on the above site, I'd say your mysterious mound is part of the vestibule, which is defined thus: -

The triangle shaped area below the clitoris and above the vaginal introitus. The labia minora form the sides of the triangle. The urethral meatus is located within this area of the vulva.
                                    It appears you are looking for the name of a part that science has yet to give a name too. I would suspect that the mound in question is basically just the way that certain women's vulvas swell (through blood-engorgement like penises) when sexually aroused. Perhaps some scholarly body would like to fund a research project to investigate this phenomenon

daabr2691 has very interesting inner labia - 'porch' style and small and 'neat', but also very crinkly (or corrugated to use the jargon I picked up on a page I can no longer find whilst Googling as mentioned above).

Annabel is one of my AW favourites and does indeed have lovely plump textured inner lips which fully encircle her inner vulva (i.e. she doesn't have a 'porch'). That's a particularly fine pic you selected, Yealith, and it's delightful to see the extent to which her labia swell between the two pics. Also, looking at the pics in her original shoot (e.g. here), it seems her vaginal and urethral openings are set more deeply inside her vulva, than some of the other women we've referenced. (Annabel is also, if I may be so bold, one of AW's gooiest girls, but perhaps that's a topic for another day!).

Bigspud, re: coloration - I've certainly noticed this too, primarily on on non-Caucasian girls and /or girls with darker skins - in addition to Sanji - outer and inner labia very dark, there are also Kengi - inner labia are much darker than her pale Japanese skin, May - who appears to have South Asian ancestry and whose pussy is a little darker than her skin colour

On the other hand, Katie - who appears to have East Asian ancestry, does have brownish labia, but they are nowhere near as dark as, say, Kengi's who looks lighter skinned. And Lindsey is definitely Caucasian, I don't think you would describe her even as being olive-skinned, but she has quite dark labia. (I will concede she has a 'Mediterranean' look to her face, if that's a meaningful thing to say).

I guess darker-skinned girls are more likely to have darker labia (and I've yet to see a pale skinned pink-nippled red-head who didn't also have pink labia), but all in all it's just another of those infinite varieties that make women so endlessly fascinating

Comment

Hey pjay, You hit the nail on the head (so to speak). Those are excellent examples of what I am talking about. It seems to me that I have also seen this on "white" ladies, but I will have to do further research. (Tough job, but somebody has to do it.)

The-clitoris.com is quite a site and was mentioned in another thread too. Well worth exploring to learn more about our favorite subject.

Comment

Love this thread and the pics, thanks!
                                        Another anatomical feature I've wondered about is the fork-like raised area that starts at the urethra and splits (like a snakes tongue!?) to either side of the clit. I can't find a perfect example right now, but kaya056 is not bad.
                                        While we are on a detailed discussion of the wonders of the vulva, what do people feel about slight oversights in personal hygene (the emphasis on slight). Lex268 for example shows what apears to be a tiny piece of toilet paper adhered to the right inner lip,and many others in a wide spread reveal tiny clumps of ??? (smegma, lint?). These these could be seen as a turn-off, but sometimes they are a little bit of reality that is not normally seen in porn (but is in real life). That in itself can be kinda neat, in keeping with the "real life girls" mantra of AW.

Timbit

Comment

Pjay and arsby, thanks for the link, will have a look as soon as I get some time....

Quote:
                                          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                          The triangle shaped area below the clitoris and above the vaginal introitus. The labia minora form the sides of the triangle. The urethral meatus is located within this area of the vulva.

It appears you are looking for the name of a part that science has yet to give a name too. I would suspect that the mound in question is basically just the way that certain women's vulvas swell (through blood-engorgement like penises) when sexually aroused.
                                          -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the research, yes in all the "ancient" drawings the given nice bit seems to be missing. Poor "anatomyc scientists", could not refer to those nice websites these days.

Yes your probably right, the nice piece is only appearing when sexually aroused.
                                          Hmmm, certainly should give it a proper name: how about "le dwarf" as he was "dodging" the scientists
                                          Any other proposals?

pjay re: daabr2691 - you mentioned her pussy small and 'neat', but also very crinkly or corrugated. What do you (or anybody) think if it gets even more "crinklycorrugated" as in the example of daasl2521 below?

A vulva that would not meet my expectations of 'having qualities that delight my senses" entirely (in comparison to other women).
                                          Nice gapping addmitedly, but just too much "corrugated" and fatly crinkled for me, I love the sight of peeholes but it looses the attractiveness if its protruding that much. Pale-darkly violet in color with little contrast is also not exactly brilliant. Any other + or - comments?
                                          Anyhow, I adore pussys over all, I am glad to have this one in my collection, how could we compare otherwise and go "deeply into the matter". (otherwise we ended up like the poor anatomic scientists in antiquity ).

Said that, I want to say thanks also to the courtesy of daasl at dionysian
                                          yealith
                                          Attached Files
                                          Last edited by Yealith; 25 March 2004, 06:35 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=pjay]
                                            I guess darker-skinned girls are more likely to have darker labia .....QUOTE]

Just found that in my archive, it may give us some more clues on the subject.
                                            yealith
                                            Attached Files
                                            Last edited by Yealith; 26 March 2004, 08:59 AM.

Comment

While we are on a detailed discussion of the wonders of the vulva, what do people feel about slight oversights in personal hygene (the emphasis on slight). Lex268 for example shows what apears to be a tiny piece of toilet paper adhered to the right inner lip,and many others in a wide spread reveal tiny clumps of ??? (smegma, lint?). These these could be seen as a turn-off, but sometimes they are a little bit of reality that is not normally seen in porn (but is in real life). That in itself can be kinda neat, in keeping with the "real life girls" mantra of AW.
                                              I'm certainly not going to be freaked out by the occasional bit of paper or fluff (Lex, by the way, has the mother of all 'porch labia'). I also rather like to see a few flecks of white (or, hell, even a few globules, hehe) as this is something that is rarely seen in other porn pics (where generally if the model appears wet, one suspects that lube is involved), even those that purport to be amateurs. To my mind, it suggests that the model is genuinely enjoying herself. See my comments on Annabel and gooiness above

Comment

Yealith, re: your image daasl2521. I don't mind big crinkly lips and I assume that some people prize them. As I said in my inital post, I don't have any criteria of beauty when it comes to shape etc, but it's interesting that others clearly do.

What I do find unattractive about this pic is the fact that the model has stubble and appears to have several spots / blemishes (notably where her fingers are placed), possibly caused by shaving. I find this unattractive because it suggests poor health and, to my mind, illness is not sexy.

Her peehole is rather large - I am presuming that's something she can do rather than it's natural state. I would have thought a permanently open urethra would lead to soreness from drying mucus membranes and an increased likelihood of infection.

Eek, too much grimness...

Comment

I would have thought a permanently open urethra would lead to soreness from drying mucus membranes and an increased likelihood of infection..
                                                  I don't think her urethra is permanently open. Once she lets go of herself everything will collapse into one very neat small package with her pee hole safely tucked inside.

I like to think of what happens when a woman is peeing a really hard stream sitting down without her legs spread. I remember my mother used to wait till it was almost too late. When she went I could hear her down the hall (and I don't mean the splashing in the water). It was kind of a whooshing sound.

I agree that the little sore spots are unattractive. Stubble I don't mind so much, but prefer like Georgette silky smooth.

Comment

Eek, too much grimness...
                                                    Oops.., sorry pjay, did`nt want to annoy the one who started this nice thread
                                                    yealith

Comment

Love this thread and the pics, thanks!
                                                      Another anatomical feature I've wondered about is the fork-like raised area that starts at the urethra and splits (like a snakes tongue!?) to either side of the clit. I can't find a perfect example right now, but kaya056 is not bad.

Timbit
                                                      Good question and nice pic of kaya056, see what I found at:

they talk about layer of muscles and blood vessels and several types of erectile tissue.......

What I love very much at kaya is her gorgeous vaginal opening with the tongue like pink fragments stick out. The longish and tuppy slice attached at the urethra side of the vagina is appetizingly encased with goo. Just imagine how delicious to care for with your tongue. As starter first I`d grap the spiky one at the lower left of pussy though. ..........

Isn`t that upper slice the extension of the peehole?

Let you being speared voluntarily here (warning, terrible awful weapon):

Kaya really pleases my sense of sight at highest, mmmbms.. sense of taste

thanks timbit for mention of wonderful kaya, I just found another alltime favourite girl
                                                      yealith
                                                      Last edited by Yealith; 25 March 2004, 08:45 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=bigspud]
                                                        I like to think of what happens when a woman is peeing a really hard stream sitting down without her legs spread. I remember my mother used to wait till it was almost too late. When she went I could hear her down the hall (and I don't mean the splashing in the water). It was kind of a whooshing sound.
                                                        QUOTE]

You can easily imitate that sound on your garden hose, just turn the tap on a fair bit and take the hose end into both (hollow) hands, try somehow to restrain the flow (error and trial).
                                                        .........I actually just went outside and gave it a try, with some imagination you might even get the real "inside pussy" "feeling" in your hands. Sense the water squirts around before its squezzing itself out.... how stupid we are, aren`t we?
                                                        ye..cra litzy crazyth
                                                        Last edited by Yealith; 25 March 2004, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Oops.., sorry pjay, did`nt want to annoy the one who started this nice thread
                                                          yealith
                                                          Yealith, no problem. The grimness referred to my own train of thought, not to the pic you posted, which was fine.

In any case, feel free to speak your mind.

Comment

You can easily imitate that sound on your garden hose, just turn the tap on a fair bit and take the hose end into both (hollow) hands, try somehow to restrain the flow (error and trial).
                                                            .........I actually just went outside and gave it a try, with some imagination you might even get the real "inside pussy" "feeling" in your hands. Sense the water squirts around before its squezzing itself out.... how stupid we are, aren`t we?
                                                            ye..cra litzy crazyth
                                                            As soon as it warms up here and the snow melts I will try it.
                                                            Now you know why I like nude girls walking on warm beaches. It gets me all warm inside.

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                                            Working...
                                                            X