Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video Content

Hi there,

Thought it worthwhile to make a few comments and ask a few questions about the video content on the site.

First off, I think the video content is second to none - preferentially, I'm not a boy/girl or girl/girl fan - so I'm speaking primarily of the solo content here. The absence (generally) of toys is pleasing, as is the natural progression of arousal in the models; thankfully, there isn't the operatic crescendo at about 4:30mins that signals a fake or overly accentuated orgasm as you can find on other sites. Yours is one of the few sites where this is consistent for all solo videos.

While this content is excellent, in my opinion there isn't enough of it on the site (!); and I am curious as to why...other sites (and I'm sorry to compare because I know it's not really fair or justified) I have been a member of use photo shoots as previews to more (ie. the video content) which usually includes a solo video. I realise this may not be something you can control - so if it isn't, is there anything that can be done to further entice the models to do solo video?

Cheers,

TB

Thanks for the compliments! We love to hear all sides of an issue, and it's nice to know that there are real fans of what we do.

To answer your question, at first the videos were not meant to be anything dominant as part of our content, they were just seen as an additional bonus. So at that time we didn't aggressively emphasise the video too much to the models, and if they didn't want to do it, then that was that.

Since then things have shifted a bit and video is much more central content than before. Now we do ask every single model if they're willing to do video. About 60 - 70% of models tick the YES box, and so we try to arrange video with them to happen soon after their stills shoot. But things can get in the way - schedules clash, the model could suffer illness, or have her period. Other times there's only a limited window of opportunity, and if we miss it, it's gone. Sometimes a few models didn't really enjoy the stills shoot as much as they expected, and so refuse to do anything else with us. And then there are a few we decide ourselves wouldn't be suitable for video.

Rest assured we do all we can to have as much video as possible from the models. And to prove it I can tell you that I currently have 30 videos sitting on my desk ready to be edited (once their stills shoot goes live) so if anything, we are ramping things up, big-time.

Comment

Always happy to see more video content, but I'm slightly luddite in my preference for still images (in so far as one can be luddite whilst tapping away at a computer keyboard to post to the internet). The main attraction for me of this site is Abby's photography. I class videos as an enjoyable extra.

Although I'm sure you have no plans to do so, I would be sorry if the video content was increased at the expense of the photography. Of course, if the video content and the photographic content are both increased - as has happened since I first joined (must be almost a year ago now) - then everyone's a winner!

Comment

I agree - neither should be at the expense of the other.

After all, it all comes down to personal preference I suppose. The photography is excellent also - but for mine the videos provide the next sequential step between a purely still medium to a moving and aural medium as well.

Instead of just seeing - you get to hear and watch as well. AND thanks for the news - it certainly does seem most models are opting to participate in video of some description, and this in itself is encouraging.

:-)

TB.

Comment

My preference at aw.com are the still images, that is what me keeps at this place. But, sure I do like the videos too and as Tobias said, you get to hear and watch the girls, a great feature.
          Each form has its advantage and disadvantage: I like the pure quality and great accessibility of the pic´s. Video can be very enjoyable but is more time consuming.

Comment

would it be wise to eatablish a new section on site for vid sequences that didnt reach the main sections; it would be fun to see what didnt make the final edited vids;

there is probably lots of material that is great but may not be up to the quality stds;

but thats ok; i just hate to think of lots of wonderful segments that will never see the light of day; i could live with imperfections and mistakes

please try for a few popular models and see the reaction

thanks

Comment

Unlike others,I mainly joined AW because of the video content.
              If there weren't any videos present at the site I'm not sure if I would've joined AW.

It's not that I don't appreciate erotic photoshoots.
              On the contrary,I can enjoy it very much.
              People like Roy Stuart and Richard Kern both have some very intersting work.

But joining a site solely for it's pictures isn't something I do.
              I usually neglect the pictures on a site and just go for the videos.

So I for one,wouldn't mind seeing more videos (both solo & girl/girl) on the site.
              Not that there aren't a lot on it already (more than 600 isn't nothing), but still...the more the merrier

But I have to add that, here on AW, I don't neglect the pictures.
              They're just too good to be left allone.

What makes them good for me is the high quality in size and the way they are shot.
              You probably already noticed that some of pictures are shot at a fast frame rate,making it so that when you browse through them in sequence, you get a short 'animation' of the set (if you know what i mean).
              And just the pictures in general are a real pleasure to look at.
              Gorgeous girls,nice settings and someone behind the camera who knows how to capture the beauty of both.
              I don't think I will be leaving this site any time soon.

-Nelix-

Comment

Originally posted by Nelix
                You probably already noticed that some of pictures are shot at a fast frame rate,making it so that when you browse through them in sequence, you get a short 'animation' of the set (if you know what i mean).......

-Nelix-
                Yes, this is really a great feature, it's like high res movies, love it. Thats why I always download the whole sets now.

Comment

I would prefer this to a vid if the model is JUST sitting and talking...

less memory

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                  Working...
                  X