Long size videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long size videos

Why is it that your videos have large size and short playing times? 40 MB for just 5 minutes???

So you can play them fullscreen at high quality.

Please search the forums for long discussions on how best to present the videos. With many suggestions from many sides, we are currently at the best crossroads we can reliably come up with.

Comment

Ok, but most of the videos leave you with a sense of "something is missing". You see, 40 MB for a 5 min video it is not good. You expect more than that for the time and the size involved here.
      Also, even though the girls are really beautiful, maybe the best I have ever seen, the content of the video should be improved. There is a lack of emotion and passion. More explicit scenes and better angles are also needed.

Comment

Thanks for your suggestions. We make the videos the way we do after many years of trial and error and suggestions and ideas. Some things work well, some things do not, and it can be surprising which is which.

We always welcome new ideas, and there are many existing threads that are there for contributing suggestions, so if you have any specifics please feel free to share them in there.

Comment

Originally posted by magnus
          You see, 40 MB for a 5 min video it is not good. You expect more than that for the time and the size involved here.
          I for one prefer the higher res that 40 MB gives. I would be disappointed if the quality was compromised for the sake of a few MB's.

Tank
          "The wall was high and I fell asleep"

Comment

we are a society of people HOOKED on ACTION!!!

movies with explosions ever 48.285 seconds??

so even though the vieo is clear, in Focus, High res, what are we Looking at? What is happening on the screen??

the only problem with your vids is that it appears that you follow your still shoot script.

You need to have things to do for the girls that are cued in on how far they want to GO...

walking around, showing T&A

there are SOOO many video seneros that are in my head, That I would Love to see...

there was a sight that i subcribed to in the early 90's that had slideshows and audio of the girls, talking singing, jokes. I can't remember what it was, But that was the funnest thing to watch...

it was the same as your pics in a viewer with audio...

fun to watch, dosn't fill the hard drive...

well anyway...

later

Comment

Originally posted by magnus
              Why is it that your videos have large size and short playing times? 40 MB for just 5 minutes???
              To give broadbanders a bonus at the expense of those of us on dialup.

BTW, today's double video update is tantamount to flipping the bird at anyone with a 56K modem. Thanks again....

Why not release these clips on DVD so that all can enjoy them, rather than just the 18 people who decided to boast about their slick new cable modems in your now infamous poll?

Comment

retro, you need to let this go now. We're not going to resize the videos. We're mindful of the issues we've raised, but we have to do what we think is best for our website. It looks like this time, that's not what you think we should do. Maybe we're going to go bust because we missed out on this opportunity. That's our mistake to make.

If you're not happy with what we do, you should not threaten us with cancelling. You should cancel. Doing anything else is unfair on yourself. You have to do what's best for you.

You're not going to miss out on anything by cancelling - we're unlilkely to start removing stuff from the the site while you're gone, so you can come back and catch up if you like.

Releasing material on DVD is very expensive, with minimum runs in the thousands. We need to be versy sure of demand before comitting to that kinda of run. We have not sold all copies of the first DVD's we made almost two years ago, for example.

I honestly think you should consider download managers, which work well for many of our other dialup users, and your refusal to do this implies you're arguing for the sake of it, rather than from any real problem.

abby

Comment

reduce price on Susie dvd and others and i will snatch them up
                  thanks

Comment

40 MB for 5 minutes is roughly equivalent to VCD quality. This is hardly a new technology. The only difference is that the arrival of the broadband (which all the available evidence indicates is used by 90% of members) makes this workable as a technology delivered down a pipe rather than on a disk.

The vids probably could be squeezed down more with a more sophisticated up-to-date codec, but the reasons that Abby & co gave up on DivX are well documented in this forum (basically, many people had compatability issues, Vid Dude spent half his working day answering emails from people needing assitance to play the DivX files etc etc).

Comment

I don't mean to rub anything in the faces of those with no option other than dialup but...

On the topic of long vid downloads, I was wondering what other peoples experiences were. This was discussed some time ago, but there have been a few server changes since then.
                      Karinas 16min vid downloaded for me in just over 10 minutes (at a rate of ~150Kps).
                      I can usually get two vids loading at that rate, more than that seems to have to wait for one of the others to finish.
                      Is this typical? I don't know if the rate is set at my end or the server, or if it has to do with firewall/anti-virus ware.
                      It seems fast to me, but I don't really know what to expect since I don't do a lot of large file downloading from other sites.

Timbit

Comment

Sounds about right, Timbit.

150 KB/sec is what I was getting on my DSL service (advertised as 1.5Mbps downstream).

Recently my phone company offered me a new DSL product they called DSL Xtreme that only costs $5.00 /mo. more for 3.0 Mbps downstream. It was too good to pass up given the increasing video file sizes here. Today I noted that Karina's vid downloaded at an average of 250 KB/sec. Not too bad, huh?

centaur

Comment

Originally posted by timbit
                          I don't mean to rub anything in the faces of those with no option other than dialup
                          I read faeces. I need a break away from those Jackass/Steve-O videos.

Unless you made a typo. Then you need a break ...
                          Last edited by Quartz; 29 August 2004, 12:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by quartz

I need a break away from those Jackass/Steve-O videos.
                            Oh the fun that can be had with a staple gun...

Comment

I only get around 54 KB/s on my broadband on average, so the Karina vid took around half an hour to d/l. (It's 'only' 512 kilobits per second!)

Would it be appropriate for me to start sulking because other people have faster access than I do? That appears to be the done thing in certain quarters

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                              Working...
                              X