Too much talk, not enough action?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too much talk, not enough action?

We've been getting some complaints from members (perhaps newer members?) that the videos lately have been too much talk, not enough action. The models may be naked, but they're just sitting there doing nothing much for a lot of the time.

We've always had a lot of talking. Abby gets a lot of email saying how much they think it's great that we have real models really talking about themselves, and we even get comments along the lines of "it doesn't matter what they say, we just love how they sound - more more more!"

Have we gone too far in the wrong direction? Admittedly, only a small percentage of our models are willing to be explicit on camera, so there are a lot of softcore videos lately. Also, because it's winter, the locations have been a bit limiting; we can't always go to their homes, so we're actually in one of our own houses, or a borrowed location, which means no tours, no bookshelves or underwear drawers to be explored, no outdoor locations to prance around in - just shiver a bit in instead.

We have been increasing the number of videos being made of each model, and we're increasing the number of models actually doing the video, which means a higher amount of less exciting or less entertaining girls. And, there's no getting around of it, we're a bit short on original ideas lately.

What are your opinions? What do you want to see, in terms of softcore content? Are we doing just fine, or is it just a bit too unexciting lately?

We have another thread already asking for ideas, but here I just want opinions.

you're right dude too much talking fast fowarding thru the video not even listing subscribe to see naked women !! by the way you're doing a great job with the site

Comment

What you are asking is if there are ways to make softcore significantly more 'exciting' without going hardcore? Personally, I doubt it.

Is it that you can't find 'normal' girls willing to be more explicit, or that you don't want them to be?

If the latter, I think yall are too stringent in defining the AW target niche, and overly restrict yourselves as a result. More specifically, yes - *real* non-plastic girls are precisely what I come here for - and the models talking about themselves certainly is a valuable part of that. But in my mind, *real* and *explicit* are not mutually exclusive (and that goes for including GB content too).

Comment

No, we aren't deliberately restricting any models to softcore. The explicitness level is always down to the model, and what they do in the stills is usually what they'll do in the video, except in rare circumstances.

What I want to know is if in any given model's videos lately, is it too much talk? Or are you all happy with the level? And action doesn't necessarily mean explicitness, it can mean something as simple as getting up and walking around a bit.

Comment

I personally don't mind repetition in the videos. I understand that it my be boring for AW.com to produce the same video scenarios over and over again, but it's really the girls that catch my interest, not the video setup.

I submit Shannon as an ideal mixture of talk to action. She starts off talking, strips and is very open about her stories and her body while she mastrubates for the camera. Shannon is a very open model, and there probably aren't many that would be comfortable with her level of openness and explicitness. I am merely mentioning her as an example.

I am looking forward to the more explicit g/g sets coming up. It seems that it has been a while since we've seen a really good t3 video, but I can understand why from Abby and Vid Dude's explaination.

As a general rule, I appreciate the following flow in a video:

1st video - talking with the model topless by the end
          2nd video - talking with the model nude by the end
          3-4th videos - talking with explicitness up to a girl's comfort level (open legs, close-ups, etc.)
          5th video - masturbating to climax

I know that it's not likely to see this very often, depending on the model, but I am happy when I see it.

Comment

just saw the Georgina, and Mae vids

i really like the home tour vids where you can see extended views of the girls

i missed seeing the tours from Georgina, she had such a cute bottom that wasnt seen to much; hope she comes back

would love to see Mae (and Georgina) do some active nude stuff; a nice hiking scene in a field or kitchen cooking

a beautiful nude body does not get boring

Miranda vid was wonderful, one of the better bods on the site - wish we could have seen this beauty walk around her flat

Comment

For me the talk is fine, as long as there is a payoff. The talk is about getting to "know" the model which makes it that much better when they get naked and more overtly sexual.
              It is hard to say what makes the payoff though. For some it is a great closeup scene, for others it may be a certain coyness or explicit talk.
              I know what I find boring however: a model sitting on a couch, taking of clothes out of context to the subject shes talking about (ie. discuss cat, remove bra).
              I really like when the model acknowledges that she is getting naked, especially when she does a bit of a "show and tell" taking the viewer on a tour of her body (with closeups!).

Timbit

Comment

Originally posted by timbit
                I really like when the model acknowledges that she is getting naked, especially when she does a bit of a "show and tell" taking the viewer on a tour of her body (with closeups!).

Timbit
                I completely agree! Although I like hearing the stories a girl tells, it sometimes feels like a simple nudist style of dialog where the girl is simply naked while talking. I know that all the girls aren't comfortable doing spreads or talking openly about their bodies. I'm just saying that I like it when a girl acknowledges that she's displaying her body for our carnal desires.

I like when the girl talks a little dirty too.

Comment

As long as the girls are happy, I'm happy. (Of course explicit is lots of fun, particularly peeing - how I love the peeing vids.) But if the models are having fun and getting naked, talk is good since we get to know them. Sometimes the clothed photos and videos are extra sexy because we know what's coming (or what has come before).

Comment

yep, too much talk

yes, you have gone in the wrong direction.

what is important to me in a video:
                    - see the personality of the model (talking/showing around the flat/...)
                    - see the model moving (not just sitting/standing around)
                    - see all parts of the body
                    - see some play, if possible

i like to see wiggling bums and jiggling boobs. so if a model only sits in one position and doesn't move, its not interesting, to see a still life of her body.

example of a video-set, that didn't satisfy me: zoe_b (talking, no moving)
                    example of a medium set: dana (much talking, but some closeups, and some moving around)
                    example of a very good set: mirandaandstephanie (looking forward to some more!)

talking is important to me too, but not too much of it, please!

thank you for your interest.

Comment

Originally posted by masssive
                      i like to see wiggling bums and jiggling boobs. so if a model only sits in one position and doesn't move, its not interesting, to see a still life of her body.
                      Agreed. What's the point of downloading several Mbs to see a model sitting on a couch talking. Sort of like listening to the radio while looking at a photograph if you ask me.
                      The video is by it's nature about movement.
                      Surely even the most hesitant vid model wouldn't balk at doing a little bit of fullframe boob bounce/jiggle?
                      For the first vid in a series plain talk is fine of course, it's a get-to-know-ya. But by the third or fourth I need some payoff!

Timbit

Comment

Sometimes the videos with longer static talking scenes remind me of the stag night scene with Stifler and Officer Krystal in 'American Wedding'.

Officer Krystal: "...and make this face like... Or something like that. I don't know. It was great. God, I miss him, but... Um, sometimes I watch the Discovery Channel, and..."

Stifler: "I don't care! Could you just dance for me, please?"

Comment

We like to vary things a bit, there normally is quite a bit of movement and action in most videos somewhere along the line, sometimes all the way through, but you're right in that several of the recent videos have not been that way. I think the main problem was the ones like that all came in a bunch together, so it was more evident.

I just edited tomorrow's vids of Marcella, and cut out a lot of the boring stuff where she just stood doing nothing much and telling rather ordinary stories about snow, but unfortunately that reduced 35 minutes of video down to just 10 minutes. In situations like that, Abby would normally say "keep everything in! Everyone loves it when the models talk, even if it's boring!" but perhaps that's not as true as it once was, and that particular novelty is wearing thin.

So for now we'll be ramping up the action, and I'll be more judicious in my editing down, until we hit the right balance again.

Comment

VD & Abby, Does this hypothetical scenario sound familiar:

You are running a hotel full of really picky spoiled guests who do things like ring down to the front desk demanding a bags of blue Smarties. Then a few other guests start asking for blue smarties so you figure, "hey, lets just leave bowls of blue smarties in the lobby and put baggies of them on the guests pillows, and also provide regular multicoloured smarties for guests who don't just like blue ones".
                            This seems like agreat idea until guests suddenly start asking about red smarties, then others say they don't want yellow ones in their mixed bags. You run around providing what people want or spending hours explaining that mixed smarties are just that, mixed, and that if they don't like the yellow ones they can just ignore them.
                            All seems fine and the front desk is quiet for a while. Suddenly new guests to the hotel start asking why you have so many smarties around, why can`t they have chocolate raisins? Licorice?
                            Soon you start wondering why you opened a hotel in the first place, when all you seem to do is distribute confections.

Thanks AW et all, for patience above and beyond.

Timbit

Comment

Soon you start wondering why you opened a hotel in the first place, when all you
                              How one man can be SO right. Thanks timbit.

*sigh*

Glad someone knows where we're coming from. A few years ago, we had an unparalled amount of critticism about videos not having enough live sound. One of our arguments was, the models seldom say mush that is interesting. So now you know, eh?

a

Comment

You are running a hotel full of really picky spoiled guests who do things like ring down to the front desk demanding a bags of blue Smarties. Timbit

Hey Hey Hey...woah.. take it easy...

I enjoy visitng your hotel Abby, but when I visited last I was left a feedback form on my pillow enqiring about my preferences.

All up - you and your team do a magnificent job across many fronts. It is just that sometimes we will respond to your enquiries when prompted. And of course a little healthy discussion or differing opinion can be expected when one puts themselves out there for comment.

Note to self: The service is very good here...I must remember to thank the concierge when I check out!

Comment

Glad someone knows where we're coming from. A few years ago, we had an unparalled amount of critticism about videos not having enough live sound. One of our arguments was, the models seldom say mush that is interesting. So now you know, eh?

Abby, as a new member I've viewed few of the videos, but those with live sound are to me much much better than those with canned music. The recent one of Molly, with birds singing in the background while Molly climaxes with a little whimper - unbelievable.

I'm with those who prefer talk to be in some way related to the situation - but there's enough variety on this fantastic site that I'm not going to object if others want to see naked women talking about cats ...

Comment

I think you guys are doing just fine. Really. The kind of videos you make now is such a vast improvement on the early ones (you remember, the ones that were done consecutively with the still shoots, and had the crappy music as the sole soundtrack)! If you're wanting to know what I want to see, the answer is: as much of the model's naked body as possible. Get her naked early, get her talkin', get her doin' stuff, if she wants to do gymnastics then God bless her. I love to hear them tell funny/embarassing stories, and I love to look at them in motion. And the occasional "extreme close-up" as they remove their knickers wouldn't come amiss either...

Oh shit, I'm late for work!

Comment

I think VMSmith's 5 videos layout (see above) seems quite sensible and agree with Timbit et al about the tour of the body being cool.

SF

Comment

I love to see the models talk about themselves, especially if they're they're funny or they're intelligent. I like to know a girl's personality, and if she's interesting (like Dana, as a recent example), I'm happy to sit through two or three vids of her chatting. But it's true, I also want to see them get more intimate after a while - some poses, some masturbation, some 'pay-off', as someone put it so well.

I don't think the girls are talking to much, I just don't think (in general) they're posing explicitly or masturbating enough But I'm okay with it.

Maff

Comment

I truely enjoyed reading the posts in this thread----and I'm very impressed with the fact that both Abby and VidDude read our posts and respond.To add my two cents worth, I enjoy the conversation,but don't overdo it.
                                          Oh, I almost forgot, what is a "smartie" ???

Chief

Comment

Originally posted by chief
                                            Oh, I almost forgot, what is a "smartie" ???
                                            We may have stumbled upon a cultural divide here ...

Americans will think that these are Smarties: http://www.candydirect.com/html/eng/2294-AA.html

Europeans will probably think of these: http://home.chello.no/~jeaasen/thoughts/smarties.jpg

I'm pretty sure timbit is referring to the latter, even though he's from Canada..
                                            Last edited by Quartz; 17 August 2004, 10:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by quartz
                                              We may have stumbled upon a cultural divide here ...

Europeans will probably think of these: http://home.chello.no/~jeaasen/thoughts/smarties.jpg

I'm pretty sure timbit is referring to the latter, even though he's from Canada..
                                              Yup, the British kind. I live a couple of hours drive from the US border and never knew they had an imposter Smartie.
                                              Oh well, they don't know about the best chocolate bar -- the Coffee Crisp!

Timbit

Comment

I personally think that if the video is Just of her sitting and Talking, we really don't need to see the video!!, Just listen to the Audio and look at the pics.

I personally only like to see Video of something that is happening. If she is sitting and Not Moving, I can look at the pics.

While I do like to hear her talk, I can do that using MUCH less MEMORY. I bet that if you split the audio on the non nude vids, the vid download will go down by more than 1/2.

we do like to get to know the models, but video is Action, not sitting to talk.

Personally if a person is Just sitting, do a photo shoot and take a audio track and be done with it.

I have downloaded Vids, watched once and erased, wondering WHY i Bothered to download at all?? i'd rather see the pics and ignore the vids, since the pics almost always copy the vid.

I would Love to hear the models. if you made a audio track of them. I can play while looking at their pics, I can Ignore mose the vids Completely. save hard drive room and your bandwidth...

later

Comment

bubbatech, you're being an idiot.

Lately, we have had more talky videos, true. The vast majority of vids contain a happy mixture of talky and action.

We're careful to indicate in the text blurb by a video what it contains.

Pull your head in. I could not care less if you download all or none of the videos. If you choose to base your opinion on the quality of our videos by the ONE you downloaded from the 500 we have available, your opinion is worthless.

Pull you head in.

a

Comment

Abby I've enjoyed reading this thread - but I think a lot of this comes back to the age old adage that no matter how hard you try, you can't keep everyone happy.

Ask a question and open a can of worms. You know the thing I like most about the site - I'm from Melbourne, Australia and I like the fact your site has many. many girls from my home town!

The photography? Best I've ever seen - original, artistic and just bloody fabulous.

The videos? I've posted opinions before - but seriously, don't people understand that you can't force a model to do something they aren't up for doing? I'd rather have the video content we have than fewer models with vids. because they choose not to do certain 'required' things (or, heaven forbid, only 2-3 new models a month because most are weeded out to find those who will do the 'complete package' FTVGirls.com style).

You have set a high standard with the regularity of updates/different models thus far. Maybe the answer isn't so much a question of what the video content contains but what its context is. The 'talk' could be in the form of an 'audition' which member can vote on leading to a higher number of photo shoots or videos of certain models. Get people involved that way (could be technically not a goer, though)

In short, us members have been spoilt rotten for content - far more than ANY other site and really have no reason to complain about it. If you guys feel there is too much talk in the vids. and not enough action, you are the best position to make a call going forward - and I'm sure the majority of members will continue to support you.

TV

Comment

I love the 'talky videos' - if I wanted to just hear naked girls talking on an audio track then I'd turn on ABC Classic FM (Australian reference) and pretend that the DJ is nude.

There's this thing called 'body language'. It's quite cool. There's a fair bit of evidence to suggese it's been around even longer than verbal language. It lets you see exactly how someone's feeling. To me, about the sexiest thing in the world is seeing a beautiful girl genuinely laughing, whether she's dressed or undressed.

Speaking of which, oh my God, Marcella is so lovely, she's cute as a button. And I haven't even heard her talking yet. Because I'm only 31, of course, I'm still living with my parents, and have to keep the volume down until my folks have gone to bed. God help me. Abby, do you have a disabled pensioner's discount?

But one thing about Marcella's second video. I'd like to suggest that VidDude has commited Cruel and Unusual Punishment on Adobe Premiere, and should probably be reported to the authorities. Either that, or Abby should send out free acid to everyone for when we watch that clip

Maff

Comment

Originally posted by Abby
                                                        bubbatech, you're being an idiot.

Lately, we have had more talky videos, true. The vast majority of vids contain a happy mixture of talky and action.

We're careful to indicate in the text blurb by a video what it contains.

Pull your head in. I could not care less if you download all or none of the videos. If you choose to base your opinion on the quality of our videos by the ONE you downloaded from the 500 we have available, your opinion is worthless.

Pull you head in.

a

I have Watched OVER 100 of the Videos thank you very Much...

and I have no problem with videos WITH action, ANY ACTION...

It does not have to be sex, I really enjoyed the one with the model Changing Clothes, over and OVER, AND OVER... That was the funnest video not sexual I have ever Watched...

But Like I said in the other post, those vids with no movement is waste of hard drive Space...

and Calling me an Idiot is not going to make me renew faster is it??

I understand it is her decision, and her's to make...

I would just like to be able to make my case without being insulted. whether you like it or not. it is mine. and I don't have to be right. but do I deserve to be insulted??
                                                        Last edited by bubbatech; 19 August 2004, 09:24 PM.

Comment

really enjoy the walking tours; would have been nice to see Marecella walking around (a really cute bottom that couldnt be seen that much)

lots of fun to see girls walking around bottomless

I like Jamies videos of models, it seems models move around more

i like it when the girl gives a tour of sensitive areas of her vagina - very educational

seems that there a very few gg vids being released - pls do more

Comment

Originally posted by zeppy
                                                            really enjoy the walking tours; would have been nice to see Marecella walking around (a really cute bottom that couldnt be seen that much)

lots of fun to see girls walking around bottomless

I like Jamies videos of models, it seems models move around more

i like it when the girl gives a tour of sensitive areas of her vagina - very educational

seems that there a very few gg vids being released - pls do more

agreed

video is for motion.

that is why they call it Motion pictures...

which is My point.

if no motion is done only TALKING and sitting, then a audio track and a pic would suffice.

If the model is doing something, then it may be worth watching...

walking around, stripping, touring, dancing, putting on and taking off clothes, exercising, doing jobs around the house. dusting, cleaning naked...

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                                            Working...
                                                            X