And the band played on........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And the band played on........

Hello to all, i am new to the boards and this site. it is a most awesome website.

i love music. i listen to music no matter what im doing, i do not play any instruments, whish i knew how, does anyone know how to play Tabla??

this always makes me curious as to what other people are listening to so let me know....

me, my favorite musician has to be Maynard James Keenan from A Perfect Circle and Tool. both unbeleivably amazing bands, you should check them out, the music is good but it is his vpice that gets you, he can manipulate his vocal chords so well, he changes his voice so much yet it sounds amazing, he can sound angelic , in the very next line he can sound insanely creepy, going along with the music. the lyrics are also amazing. listen this musician.

2nd would have to be The Red Hot Chili Peppers, anthony kiedis can do the same as Keenan can, he comes up with these crazy voices and his lyrics are amazing, making no sense at all but rhyme so well and be extremely catchy. their latest cd By the way is their best so far. listen to all the way through from the first song to the last ad it all blends to gether like on amazing 70:00 minute song.

the Buddha Bar collection of cds is very good, anyone know any where i can listen to some good egyptian drum kinda music? the bongos are aso a great instrument.

the song "Magdalena" by A Perfect Circle(Mer De Noms is the album) can apply to many of the beautiful girls on this site,listen to it.

"Lying all alone and restless
    unable to lose this image
    sleepless, unable to focus on
    anything but your surrender

Tugging a rhythm to the vision that's in my head
    Tugging a beat to the sight of you lying
    So delighted with a new understanding
    Something about a little evil that makes that
    Unmistakable noise I was hearing
    Unmistakable sound that I know so well
    Spent and sighing with a look in your eye
    Spent and sighing with a look on your face like

Sweet revelation sweet surrender
    sweet, sweet surrender
    Surrender..." by Maynard James Keenan

Hey there,

I like APC too, the way their music can go from sounding very vulnerable and beautiful to angry and bitter. I think 3 Libras is a gorgeous song, was their second single and its a pity it wasn't a bigger hit but then in a way I am glad it wasn't. Also The Outsider from the latest album rocks and has a strange video to go with it. His voice is definitely a very powerful tool!

Other harder rock bands I like include Deftones, Chevelle, Audioslave, Alice In Chains, Glassjaw, Taproot etc. All have pretty unique singers in their own way.

I am generally into "guitar" or alternative (what Americans sometimes call 'modern rock'). Other bands I like are Weezer, Dinosaur Jr, Red Hot Chili Peppers (since the earlier funky days even!), Pearl Jam, Fountains of Wayne, Thursday, Green Day, Jimmy Eat World. I am afraid I also can't help liking some of the sugary punk-pop bands like New Found Glory,Yellowcard and Sugarcult.

Some other newer bands I am liking : Jet, Brand New, Something Corporate, Thrice, The Killers.

Singer Songwriters : John Mayer, Ben Kweller, Tori Amos, Jack Johnson (some of it).

On the mellower side : Ben Folds Five, Nickel Creek (bluegrass?), Guster.

Oh and some British/Euro bands since I am from here! : The Music, Placebo, The Delays, Funeral For A Friend, Idlewild, Hell Is For Heroes, Keane, Athlete, Soulwax (Belgian), Phoenix (French).

Lastly I like Rap/Hip Hop if it is done well but there are very few original bands or artists in the mainstream at the moment. Whereas when I was growing up there were loads of cool rap songs flying about. I do like The Roots and some Ludacris stuff is pretty dirty and funny. But I go back to the days of De La Soul, Tribe Called Quest etc. And also some Spanish music if the mood takes me. The only dance music I like is the more intelligent stuff with good lyrics or even good samples (especially when mixed with rock), but not the repetitive shit that tops the charts.

Some favourite songs of the moment (right now that is, it always changes)

Coheed and Cambria "A Favour House Atlantic"
    New Found Glory "Failure's Not Flattering"
    Damien Rice " Cannonball"
    Franz Ferdinand "Michael"
    Sugarcult "Memory"
    Three Days Grace "Just Like You" (one of those three chord songs!)
    Samantha Ronson "Built This Way"
    Dashboard Confessional "Vindicated"
    Taking Back Sunday "A Decade Under The Influence"
    Switchfoot "Dare You To Move"
    The Killers "Mr Brightside"
    Chingy "One Call Away"

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
    Working...
    X