New guy question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New guy question

I'm new here so forgive me if this has already been discussed.
    I'm downloading videos using Flashget. The videos start with the AW screen and then go to the scenes. After a few seconds the AW screen reappears and the video begins to repeat itself from the beginning. Is this normal?

Thanks in advance,

Trake

Hi trake8,

You don't have to apologize for asking a question.

Your problem is surely not normal. Does your video restart permanently or just once?

I know that for the moment there are some problems with the support of download managers with the site, due to a huge modification of the back-end system. You should have a look at this thread about the download managers for PC. I'm sure you'll get your problem fixed soon.

Welcome to AW & to the boards.

Lxm
    Last edited by Luxman; 7 November 2004, 10:32 PM.

Comment

It doesn't restart as in resetting the counter and such. The AW title screen reappears and the movie picks-up from the beginning again. It does this repeatedly. The files are showing correct size and the counter continues to run to the end. Hope that explanation makes some sense.
      I d/l Net Vampire but it stopped downloading during the process and my connection would sit idle. I had several files queued to d/l but once it reached a certain point it went to idle.
      I read the thread about d/l managers. I'll keep checking and reading.
      Thanks for your reply.

Trake

Comment

Which video are you talking about? Do you have an example you can tell us?
        Do you have the problem with every vid you download?

Lxm

Comment

Yes, I have this problem with every video I d/l. I'm currently trying Net Vampire again. I've queued up a couple of files and I'll see what happens. I'm on a 56K dialup so unfortunately these files take several hours to d/l. Hence my frustration with a file that doesn't play properly.

Comment

The problem with situations like this is that if we can't recreate the problem, it's almost impossible to diagnose. However, you are not alone, as a few others have contacted us with a similar issue, but usually only intermittently. We'll try to figure this out.

Comment

Maybe this problem is related to this one ? Perhaps the download manager gets the same byte range from the server time and time again (thus looping the same bit of the video) until the download manager reaches the amount of bytes it had to download in the first place (the reported original video size)? Where one download manager may just refuse to download, another one may accept what the server sends, even if it's the same bit over and over again.

Comment

Vid Dude and all, I understand. I thought this might be a reoccurring problem with others. Perhaps it is something with my system and the way it d/l files.
                Thanks for your reply,
                Trake

Comment

Quartz is onto it, in that it is the exact same problem that Diablo discovered. The problem is that our techy geek-type guy who made our new system can't re-create the problem so can't bugfix so easily. We'll probably need to chat one-on-one with a sufficiently techy person who is suffering the issue so we can work it out together. This may take some time to figure out.

Comment

Well, I've now tried LeechGet, Net Vampire and FlashGet without much success. LeechGet and Net Vampire seem to timeout during the download and FlashGet downloads in repeating sections.
                    This is the first web site I have ever joined and so far the experience has not been that pleasant. Not sure what I try next.

Trake

Comment

See http://www.abbywinters.com/vbulletin...7&page=2&pp=40 (esp. the last few posts). You should be able to use LeechGet without problems. Another user has used FlashGet without problems as well.

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                      Working...
                      X