Gold videos size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gold videos size

I'm presently trying to download one of the new videos in the gold section which are very big in size. I'm on a 56k connection and I'm certain I'll get disconnected (my ISP disconnects u after 2 hrs) before I'll get it all downloaded. This means I'll have to start again. I tried using GoZilla but it doesn't seem to work. Has anyone got any bright ideas how I can get round this?

Hiya

Gozilla should work, I used to use it all the time (just got cable the other day, tho!). Do you get an error message? There are a few other download managers like that, maybe try some others.

a

Comment

Hi, Ardsfc.

Try Net Vampire:

http://www.netvampire.com/

It's free, and very intuitive.
      You can drag the links to a dropbox it puts on desktop -- very easy to use. Also, if your connection drops, somehow it keeps track of where it was, and when you reconnect it picks up where it left off.
      You can drag in an almost unlimited number of downloads, and it will actually perform 3 downloads at a time, and go to the next when one is finished.
      You only have to set up the password in the site properties once and it will remember it.
      I'm a shareware junky, too, and I use it often.

Comment

I use NetVampire too. Very useful app.

I gotta say, I can't apologise for the size - they're worth every meg! img tag disable, use attachment mgr/system to add images to postshttp://www.abbywinters.com/discus/clipart/happy.gif

But most likely all future vids won't be so large unless they need to be. Balancing quality with downloadability is something that takes a fair amount of effort and time to get just right, so I'm still in the experimental stage.

Comment

I've been having some trouble with GetRight. It ends up D/Ling an error web page, around 12k in size. Good thing I've got NetVampire. I'll give that a shot too...

Comment

The error page you were getting was one telling you you don't have permission to access the page - because GetRight wasn't acceting the user/password you may (or may not) have entered.

So definitely try NetVampire, as it really works.

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
            Working...
            X