Wink = ; )
    Unhappy = : (
    Toothy Grin = : D
    Confused = : confused:
    Blush = : o
    Eyes Rolling = : rolleyes:
    Cool = : cool:
    Open mouth = : eek:

You can have a max of 4 smilies. I had put them all in and had to take out till it worked. I would put a smiley at the end of this, but I am at my limit!

I can change the limit. It's really there to stop people from going crazy and drawing ASCII pictures using smilies.

I wish there was a way to stop people from saying LOL or using more than two exclamation marks in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by Vid Dude
      I can change the limit. It's really there to stop people from going crazy and drawing ASCII pictures using smilies.

I wish there was a way to stop people from saying LOL or using more than two exclamation marks in a row.
      I doubt there's much of a need for more than 4 in a post. I got caught because I was trying to do them all.

As to LOL, I agree!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bigspud
        I doubt there's much of a need for more than 4 in a post. I got caught because I was trying to do them all.)
        I had the same idea like you spud, and at that moment I saw there's a limit. I had not the time to investigate at that moment, so I didn't post the "spelling". I'm glad you did.

To come back to the question: The smilies are a possibility to express a mood without using tons of words. I think the limit is ok. I'm a big user of smilies, and I know that I use them too much sometimes, but I never reached the limit.

Lxm

Comment

Originally posted by Vid Dude

I'm not use to forum section, so can anyone explain to me what LOL and BTW means?

I feel so ignorant.

casgrain

Comment

Originally posted by casgrain
            I'm not use to forum section, so can anyone explain to me what LOL and BTW means?
            BTW = by the way
            LOL = laugh out loud

Originally posted by casgrain
            I feel so ignorant.
            Hey, you're not ignorant. You know life is a permanent process of learning, that's a rule for everybody.

Lxm

BTW: I'm glad to help.

Comment

This is such a friendly forum. No RTFMs here

Personally I like TLAs and other associated net jargon, but then I'm a bit of a geek.

Comment

Originally posted by pjay
                This is such a friendly forum. No RTFMs here

Personally I like TLAs and other associated net jargon, but then I'm a bit of a geek.
                I wondered what a TLA was and now I know because of your pointer to net jargon. Yes, this is a friendly place and a rare one indeed.

Comment

I especially like BURMA.

Lxm

Comment

Originally posted by Luxman
                    I especially like BURMA.
                    There ain't much new. Decades ago NORWICH (an English town) on the back of an envelope meant "kNickers Off Ready When I Come Home".

Comment

I rather like: -
                      YOMANK — "you owe me a new keyboard" (after a joke causes explosive expulsion of beverage from one's mouth)
                      Could be used around here in a slightly different context...

(See Arsby's comments here).

PJay - lowering the tone since 2003

Comment

Newest smiley

I see a new smiley ()was added (for Mrs Roops?).

The keystrokes for that are very clever "<" followed immediately by "3". Next to each other they look like a heart on its side. Just don't every try to write "less than 3" symbolically without a space cuz you'll get if you do (and don't turn off smilies)

Comment

Originally posted by bigspud
                          I see a new smiley ()was added (for Mrs Roops?).
                          No no no, the Smiley was added for me (at my request), to offer it at Mrs. Roops for:
                          Originally posted by Mrs Roops
                          Oh, and in answer to your question Luxy, You're still my love!!!!
                          Unfortunatly she sent it to me first.

Lxm

Comment

Originally posted by Luxman
                            No no no, the Smiley was added for me (at my request), to offer it at Mrs. Roops for: ... Unfortunatly she sent it to me first.
                            Lxm
                            I was confuzzed again! It is hell getting old.

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                            Working...
                            X