Suggestion for videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestion for videos

I'm brand new here, but I've been reading a LOT of the forums in the past 24 hours and saw that Abby seems to welcome CONSTRUCTIVE criticism and suggestions. Well, I have one for you.

I like the videos that you produce but I only have one complaint. It's not about the way you shoot/light/mic the scene, or about who/what you have in the scene or what they do in the scene. My only complaint is that when I save the videos on my computer, I set the folder to "thumbnail" view so I can see by the picture who/what is in the scene when I'm browsing them. The way windows does this (I think) is by using one of the first few frames of video in the file as a thumbnail. Unfortunately the first few frames of your videos are either completely black (as vidman does a face from black at the start of most videos) or simply show the name of the model and abbywinters.com.

So, for my suggestion, could you perhaps show a closeup of the model's face in the first few frames of the video so that when we're looking at the thumbnails we can see what the model looks like?

Hopefully this will be viewed as constructive as you won't need to shoot anything more to achieve this, or change the way you do anything, other than to add a couple of seconds of a static image (that you probably already have) during the editing process.

Hi Vidfreaky,

Welcome to AW & the boards.

I think the reason why Vid Dude inserts a fade from black is to have a neutral start of the clip, and here I fully agree with him. I don't like it when I open a video file and I already have an image before I start it. That's in my eyes not a good video work.

Unfortunately it seems you don't have the possibility to tell Windows which frame to use as a thumbnail. What I suggest: Nearly every girl with video has a photo shoot too. Just group all the videos of one model into one folder, and use one of the stills as a thumbnail for the folder.

I do it this way since I'm a member here, and it works pretty fine. Ok, you'll have some work to do, but it's not a "mission impossible".

Enjoy your stay.

Lxm

Comment

We plan on having an automated feature added to the Bio pages where randomly chosen frames from the video will be displayed. I'm not entirely sure that's going to be very successful considering how many frames have motion blur or some other awkward mid-blink kind of situation, but in any case you may be able to choose one of those frames for your folder thumbnail.

Though to be honest I have no idea how that thumbnail thing works. I don't use it.

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
      Working...
      X