Testing reply

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Testing reply

I tried to post a reply yesterday on the "Tell us about yourself, meet the others" thread using the normal "post reply" button. Now to see if I can link to it:

http://www.abbywinters.com/vbulletin...7409#post27409

I got an error telling me: a) title needed or b) body must be minimum five characters. Option b is clearly not the case, and the main thread already has a title, so I'm not sure what the mistake is. I tried adding something to the title box of just my reply, with the same result.

I was finally able to post using a quick reply, but the text shows up black rather than blue. ??? The few other replies I have posted show up in blue,for example, http://www.abbywinters.com/vbulletin...ead.php?t=3243

The only difference I can think of is that I posted last night from home and all the others from work. Both computers have XP Pro and IE 6.0. At home I use Panda Platinum 2005 antivirus, which has never interfered.

I would appreciate any clues, and thanks in advance.

kingocouch

testing regular reply button from work computer

also noticed the number of posts under my name is not increasing. Does that have something to do with this?

Comment

Hi kingocouch,

I'm not sure what happened to your reply, but you have color, font and size tags in every line, even the empty lines.
      Perhaps your browser had a problem, but I can't imagine which one, the tags have to be added manually or using the menus.

Do you want me to remove these tags?

I'm not able to see if your post count is ok, it seems being updated.

Tell me if I can help.

Lxm
      Last edited by Luxman; 29 January 2005, 02:12 AM.

Comment

Oh, I see the test posts don't increase the counter, so your post count is ok (5 + 2 tests).

Lxm

Comment

thanks Luxman, I will try another reply from the home computer when I get there.

Comment

Probably what you did was hit 'new thread' instead of 'post reply' accidentally. I've done that before. A new thread always needs a title.

Generally I use the Quick Reply box here every time, unless I choose to quote someone, in which case it opens up an advanced message box for me.

Comment

test from home

seems to work fine now, I guess my browser just messed up. Gee, what a shock.
              Last edited by Havemercy; 29 January 2005, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
              Working...
              X