Adjusting and editing my profile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny things happen with the time problem.
    Lxm

This might seem silly to ask but if possible how do I edit my personal profile

I have noticed short phrases and other things like that attached to forum users...

Comment

Look at the top of this page, just below the thread title, there is User CP.
      It's the user control panel. Use it to adjust your profile.

Lxm

Comment

Most of the profile options, like signatures and avatars, are disabled. Because I don't like them very much.

The little phrase beneath your username is automatically assigned, except for a few instances where some people have earned special titles assigned by me.

Comment

hang in there, pag777. After (I think) 100 posts, you are promoted to "Likes it around here". I still get misty-eyed when I got my promotion (sniff sniff) Then comes "doesn't want to leave" and after that, "Can't get rid of" (joking on the last one). Special titles go to members like Luxman who also work for AW. The girls on staff also get special titles, because they are... well, special. It's one of the things I like best about AW--the little personal touches that make it feel like a community.

And the girls. Gotta love the girls.

Funny things happen with the time problem.
          Lxm
          Didn't Dr. Who say that?

Comment

Originally posted by Vid Dude
            Most of the profile options, like signatures and avatars, are disabled. Because I don't like them very much.
            I agree they just get in the way and become very annoying.

Dave

Comment

Originally Posted by Artlover
              ....After (I think) 100 posts, you are promoted to "Likes it around here".
              careful you guys, after 99,999 posts it reads "...help"

-- bif
              "lost most of the time..."

Comment

A sucking up reply...

Thanks everyone for all the replies to my enquiry. I think I get the picture now. I would like to be able to submit some amusing reply but since I'm by nature a miserable sod I can't think of any at the moment. But you are right about the unique nature of this forum user group; it exudeesss a very friendly atmosphere and it is nice to be on board...

Comment

Originally posted by pag777
                  but since I'm by nature a miserable sod...
                  Hiya pag777, and welcome,

DONT PANIC. There's a large contingent of us from the UK and we all started out as miserable sods (whingeing poms). After a few months of looking at Abby's models you will find that you become much less miserable.

To make a joke, all you have to do is write something and put a at the end of it.

- Philos
                  Last edited by Philos; 9 March 2005, 10:25 PM. Reason: Removed an unworthy remark that implied Luxman's jokes aren't funny. Of course they are!

Comment

Doesn't even have to be an original joke Gee whiz, you folks in the UK have such wonderful slang. I don't know of any colorful language to describe whining, other than "pissing and moaning" which, while expressive, isn't nearly as much fun as being a "whingeing pom".

I agree with my wise brother Philos--seeing a smiling Abby girl gives me a smile, and I feel better. (ooh, I feel the urge to compliment Millie, and I am not on her thread... well, why fight it... )

If every world leader had a picture of smiling Millie on his/her desk, they might make better decisions.

I think of the Abby boards as a large, eclectic party. Interesting folks, fun conversation, good eats. And loads of cute girls to be dazzled by. There's a really good band out on the patio, led by our own Cass (check out her singing video sometimes guys). Our hostess circulates about, spreading good cheer. An elfin fellow follows behind, asking if so-and-so has arrived yet. There are flashing strobe lights, and dancers on platforms wearing gogo boots. A game of touch football is in progress outside (there is rather more touch than usual). And off in the corner, a handsome, rugged man with a glint in his eye and a joke at the ready, is surrounded by an admiring crowd of lovely young girls. Out of modesty, he identifies himself only as a lover of art. He continues his discourse on postmodern culture. A young lady says huskily, "Explain Foucault again, please". "Repair with me to yonder alcove," says he, "and I shall elucidate on the implications of power being exercised and not possessed." "Does that mean I get to be on top?" she asks, as they exeunt stage left. "Something like that, my dear," he replies.

And from time to time, some AW members (not me, oh no no no, pas moi!) indulge in flights of fancy.

Comment

Originally posted by artlover
                      If every world leader had a picture of smiling Millie on his/her desk, they might make better decisions.
                      "Is this girl from Iran?"
                      "No, Sir."
                      "Ok, nuke Iran."
                      "Yes, Sir."

Comment

Well, I said "might" And if you're thinking of the same person I am, I do not consider him a leader.

Comment

Credit where due...

Originally posted by artlover
                          Gee whiz, you folks in the UK have such wonderful slang. I don't know of any colorful language to describe whining, other than "pissing and moaning" which, while expressive, isn't nearly as much fun as being a "whingeing pom".
                          Alas, we UK dwellers can take no credit. "Whingeing pom" is a wholly Australian term of abuse, applied to any visiting Brit who happens to mention the lethal insects, man-eating fish and intolerable heat to be found in that fair country.

Now here's the interesting bit:

"Pom" is short for "pommy",
                          which is Australian slang for "pomegranate",
                          which is an elaboration of "Grant",
                          which is short for "Jimmy Grant",
                          which is rhyming slang for "immigrant".

Would I lie? It's all in the Shorter Oxford English Dictionary!

Philos
                          Last edited by Philos; 10 March 2005, 02:01 AM. Reason: would you believe I misspelt the name of the dictionary?

Comment

I don't think many US citizens would have the patience for a slang-producing project with that many steps And to think that was from the Shorter OED!

Comment

well there is Hip-Hop...

of course many US citizens don't have the patience for it...

Originally Posted by Philos
                              To make a joke, all you have to do is write something and put a at the end of it.
                              Thanks for the tip Philos! I be funny now!

(What!?! we only get four? man, that's serious! how am I supposed to share my inner mirth now? half the above funny was Philos's quote! Not everyone can be as witty as the above GWMP's ((guys with many posts)) Does Vid Dude get to be as funny as he wants with hordes of little -insert grinning smiley here- sprinkled about ? can we get them in our profile?....)

--bif GWLP -insert grinning smiley here-
                              Last edited by bifman; 10 March 2005, 08:45 AM. Reason: blatent smiley abuse.... :(

Comment

We all have the same limits on smilies. I did that so people wouldn't compose messages using the things, which can be chronic on some other messageboards.

I wield with an aluminium fist.

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                Working...
                                X