I was in the Walkabout today.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was in the Walkabout today.....

I was in the Walkabout today with a couple of mates (The Walkabout is a chain of australian pubs in and around the UK for people who do not know it) and it must be something to do with this site because I could pick out the aussie girls around me!

Oh, and i I was thinking to myself "she could be on AW. so could her, and her".

must be my thing now.....australian chicks.....

fosters is australian for beer apparently. i hate the walkabout

Comment

Like Castlemaine XXXX these lagers are for made for poms. I'd expect Australians (et al) to shun these lagers and drinks something like VB.
      Last edited by MarcKJ; 13 March 2005, 12:40 AM.

Comment

Marc is correct. Fosters may exist here, and may sponsor some large scale events, but you wouldn't catch any Aussie to actually drink the stuff. It's for the tourists.

Comment

I've never actually seen fosters anywhere here. VB is the worst beer ever, if you found it in Iraq George W Bush would claim it was a chemical weapon and for once he would be right.

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by MarcKJ
            Like Castlemaine XXXX these lagers are for made for poms. I'd expect Australians (et al) to shun these lagers and drinks something like VB.
            but I thought australians wouldn't give a xxxx for anything else. right??! have we all be conned!

Comment

I don't drink VB (tried it once and its vile!). or even XXXX (yes we have been conned!!). Fosters I occasionally if I need a light beer.

Just a curosity, just what lager of chioce australians choose?

Comment

As in the rest of the English speaking world. I fear it would be Buttwiser. The globalization of mediocrity marches on.

Comment

Hey Red, please don't speak for the rest of the English speaking world in mentioning the Bud swamp water. If I have a dozen cans or bottles a year, it's a heavy year, but I do prefer Tennents, DAB, (Dortmunder, Germany) and Warka (Poland), then of course there is always Guinness. I try to taste a different brew at least once a year. Don't usually drink any native brews, but I have had a couple of Labatts Blue I got in for my SYL. She prefers it. Got a 12 pack for her and that will probably do her for the next year. American brews I NEVER touch. And don't anyone tell me I'm antiAmerican because of that. I just don't like them.

Comment

Originally posted by MarcKJ
                    Just a curosity, just what lager of chioce australians choose?
                    Well, I can't speak for the other 20 million Australians, but I like Tasmanian beers the best. James Boag's Premium and Cascade Premium Larger. Tasty...
                    Attached Files

Comment

But but what about that advert where he asks for a beer and they throw him out of the pub, cobber, because they say FOSTERS in oz, not 'beer'!!!!!!!

Comment

I know nothing about Austrialian beer, but Susie recommended Boags and that's definitive as far as I'm concerned.

- P

Comment

I heartily encourage anyone who likes beer to try brewing your own. Right away, you'll get beer better than most commercial giants, and soon you won't bother with most others too. I've been home-brewing for about 5 years. I keg and bottle my own. Amber ale, porter and a damn good lager. It’s fun, easy, and relatively cheap. And there are an endless variety of recipes to try.

Comment

My first post here..so Hi! I'd have to second the Tassie Beers being a Tasmanian myself. Boags Premium is A1

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                            Working...
                            X