Very Enjoyable Web Site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very Enjoyable Web Site

After being teased by "AustrailanDownUnder" links for months, I finally joined and found this site to be very entertaining. Having spent a lot of time in "Down Under", I can relate and the postings bring back good memories. Makes me want to pack my Nikon digital and climb on the next Qantas...NOT ..... the 17 hours of flying is just to much these days. I will leave it to Abby to keep this website and my fantasies snappy.....Good job Abby !

Hi NTtraveler,

I'm glad to see that you finally did surrender to the teasing links. It's nice to have you here.

So, welcome to AW and the boards. Thanks for the kind words.

Enjoy your stay.

Lxm

Comment

If you move to Australia, you only have to endure the 17 hours once

I join the Luxman, your guide to all things cool in Abbyland, in welcoming you. Not only are the models lovely, the folks who run the site are the salt of the earth.

Comment

I've endured the journey 6 times round trip.....I really miss NT and Cairns and Melbourne has special meaning to me.....Thanks folks

Comment

If you move to Australia, you only have to endure the 17 hours once
          If only it was that straightforward! Id be on the next plane tomorrow if possible. Unfortunately you Aussies have a very sensible immigration points system and as yet I havnt quite got enough. Anybody fancy sponsoring me or setting me up with their sister/daughter/mother/mother-in-law/aunt? Id prefer to live in Perth but anywhere in Oz is better than good old Blighty!

Comment

funny you say that, i spent several years in the UK and didn't want to come home but after a long time hanging in there and worrying about being deported i left (decided not marry that gay italian man). glad i did other wise i wouldn't be working for Abby but at the time all i wanted to do was stay in London.

Comment

Beatrice, an entire novel could be written from the first sentence of your message. (That's a compliment--looks like you have led an interesting life!)

Comment

Originally posted by NTtraveler
                the 17 hours of flying is just to much these days.
                17 hours from where? I think Australia is in the perfect place, we hardly ever get any major natural disasters, we don't have to share any land borders with anyone and the weathers great. I have to admit I loved England except I'm a wimp when it comes to cold weather.
                Hannibalhorn what exactly are the requirements of our immigration system? I’ve always wondered.

Dave

Comment

The only good thing about the cold weather is wrapping up in layers and rushing to the pub to sit by the fire and drink pints! oh and if it's cold at least it's consistant. oh and thanks for the compliment Artlover, i guess it has been pretty interesting.

Comment

Very Interesting comments so far. As far as immigration, I Luv my 5 acres out here in the country in Texas. Anyway, while I worked for the Navy in Oz as a contractor, and they told me no way could I live there. Hell me Sister lives in NZ and they won't let me stay there either. Not wooley enuff. I luv the Pub life in Oz But Beatrice, my favorite pubs are in Ireland. I just don't do well with moss growing on my backsides. My last stint in Oz was 2002. I was astonished to see that Cairns had grown from one main drag in 1984 to 5 long commercial streets......The only state I haven't been in is WA, but spent most of my time in Darwin, near Alice and Canberra. My Dad was the local Boeing Rep in 1970's for 8 years and opened the airport in Melbourne. We have lotsa friends 17 hours away....Ya'll Be Well

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                    Working...
                    X