Tim Tams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tim Tams

Our local Tesco has started selling Tim Tams. Well, having seen Jacinta's video, I just had to give them a go, and now I'm hooked.

I guess Bill Hicks was right!*

*If you don't get that then you'll just have to go and watch his "Relentless" video. You'll like it ;-)

Just googled them, and they really look good. Must check the local stores.

Comment

yeah tim tams are nice......do you know how to use the tim tam straw?

bite off a corner and then one from the other end (diagonally) then dip one corner into tea (my choice) or coffee. suck for a bit then eat the tim tam and itll be soggy and delicious!

Comment

Originally posted by Ozboy24
        yeah tim tams are nice......do you know how to use the tim tam straw?

bite off a corner and then one from the other end (diagonally) then dip one corner into tea (my choice) or coffee. suck for a bit then eat the tim tam and itll be soggy and delicious!
        Even better is to drink your coffee, and use the Tim Tam to suck up a glass of port. MMMMM!!

Has anyone tried the new Tim Tams with chilli?? Sounds like a strange combination to me!

Comment

Luv_Red_Fuzz, you would get on well with my childhood best friend. He liked Oreo cookies dipped in Rose wine.

Must try the coffee trick. Maybe Kit Kats would work...

Comment

Originally posted by artlover
            Must try the coffee trick. Maybe Kit Kats would work...
            No need to substitute Kit Kats for Tim Tams. Merkins can buy the genuine article here
            along with lots of other Aussie stuff. If you can't get to Washington, they do mail order.

Comment

thanks for the tip, Philos. When you wrote "Merkins", my native land was not the first thing that came to mind Appropriately so, given today's furry discussions...

I'll bet the Kit Kat folks "borrowed" the Tim Tams name... I am sure the Tim Tams are much better. England and apparently Australia have US candy beat all to hell... although I would stack up a Necco Wafer against anyone else's candy. To say nothing of Bit o' Honey, which is a taffy-like bar that also serves to remove dentures

And, of course, the sublime Oreo cookie. Which is being ruined by an unending series of "innovations:.

My choco-rant concludes with a much less known competitor of the Oreo: Hydrox. Similar concept, but everyone I know who knows them prefers them to the Os.

Ooops--not finished. The ultimate: the Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookie. Made even better by being on sale only once a year. It isn't really better than sex, but it's a very very very close second.

Oh crap. Now I have to go shopping

Comment

Originally posted by Luv_Red_Fuzz
                Has anyone tried the new Tim Tams with chilli?? Sounds like a strange combination to me!
                Yep! They are pretty good. Talkin' Aussie foods, as a kid I did enjoy violet crumble bars....Yum!

Comment

Originally posted by Artlover
                  England and apparently Australia have US candy beat all to hell.
                  Did you know that Arnott's who make Tim Tams are owned by an American company, Campbell, and that Kit Kat, made by Hershey in the USA and Nestle in Europe, was invented in 1935 by Rowntree of York (UK). To express national pride as confectionery is a dangerous business!
                  Last edited by Philos; 1 May 2005, 10:33 PM.

Comment

I stand, humbly, corrected, with crumbs on my lap. Okay, I sit, humbly corrected, with crumbs on my lap. The thought of chocolate, and the Oreos I ate an hour ago, are clearly clouding my mind. For all I know, Oreos were invented Luxembourg by one of Luxman's cousins.

I would claim the moon landings as an unalloyed national honor... except the plaque says our boys represented humankind. Also, we had to import a *lot* of German rocket scientists.

We seem to have forgotten Jacinta. No Tim Tams in this pic, but I don't think anyone will mind.

Comment

A whole thread devoted to tim tams? This is too good to be true. I love tim tams - I love the black forest kind, the fudge kind, the kind with chilli, but the ones I love most of all are the double choc coated - yum yum yum!!!!

Damn. Now I want tim tams.

Comment

Well, you're a lot closer to them than I am. Go for it!

Comment

I'm just about to take a spontaneous roadtrip to the Arnott's factory if anyone would like to bulk order Tim Tams? I'm with Millie on the double coated variety. The sucking of a hot drink through opposite corners of the biscuit is called a Tim Tam Slam. The trick is to shove it in your mouth before the whole thing falls apart. The only problem is it's so fun that after demolishing the packet one tends to go off them for a while. As far as national traditions go I think we have our priorities straight. It's considered an extreme sport in my family.

Comment

Hmmm, we really tackle the big issues here at aw.com!

I am not much of a chocolate lover (which all of my girlfriends think is horrific) but I don't mind the odd Tim Tam with a cup of tea. My favourite are my Nan's Anzac biscuits, they rock! And when I go to visit her she gives me a box to take home, she's the best. I usually eat them all in the car on the way home. And then I feel sick. But happy!

s

Comment

I too am horrified by your lack of love for chocolate. I thought was genetically programmed into females?

Comment

its an x-file for sure.

i like the type of anzac biccies you can bend.
                                my granny made kiss biscuits, which were nice until she started leaving out sugar from recipes because it was "bad for you".

those scotch fingers with chocolate on them are pretty killer too.

and wagon wheels are a tradition after a....ahem "smoke".

Comment

Mmmm..tim tams! they are so yum. i have been eating sooo much chocolate lately! A little secret-my boyfriend thought it would be hot if i masturbated with a Kit- Kat... not such a good idea after all!! Ended up with melted chocolate oozing out of me...
                                  that gives me a good idea for a thread..

Comment

Originally posted by Millie
                                    I too am horrified by your lack of love for chocolate. I thought was genetically programmed into females?
                                    Not only females, I could die for chocolate.
                                    Unfortunately I have to be careful with my weight.

Lxm

Comment

I don't remember exactly which model it is but there is a video around here somewhere where Jamie and the model show the proper way to eat Tim Tams. As I remember it, they use milk and make quite a mess afterwards.

I never thought to look around the LA area to see if anyone carries Tim Tams. Now I will have to try them after all this talk!

Comment

Originally posted by anthea
                                        Mmmm..tim tams! they are so yum. i have been eating sooo much chocolate lately! A little secret-my boyfriend thought it would be hot if i masturbated with a Kit- Kat... not such a good idea after all!! Ended up with melted chocolate oozing out of me...
                                        that gives me a good idea for a thread..

My ex liked to do that to herself but with a Mars bar that had been left on the fridge! Was quite an experiance, the chocie melted then had to be retrieved, and the rest had to be consumed, but Mars bars are way too sweet!

Comment

Originally posted by Jettman
                                          I don't remember exactly which model it is but there is a video around here somewhere where Jamie and the model show the proper way to eat Tim Tams.
                                          Jacinta

Comment

It's nice to see the topic come full circle :-)

Comment

Don't worry, one of us will go off on an inane tangent pretty soon. Might be me.

Comment

Originally posted by Luxman
                                                Not only females, I could die for chocolate.
                                                Unfortunately I have to be careful with my weight.

Lxm
                                                I am a closet Chocoholic too. I have to watch the sugar content and too much caffine keeps me up all night. Then I end up on the computer waiting for the next model release at 2am central US time .

My favorite is dark chocolate. When I lived in Germany I used to buy 51% cocoa bars. It was interesting because in the US dark chocolate is called "SEMI-SWEET" and in Germany is was "half-bitter".

Comment

Currently enjoying a tablet of 70% 'Intense' ...

Comment

Originally posted by Quartz
                                                    Currently enjoying a tablet of 70% 'Intense' ...
                                                    That definitely sounds like its name. Quartz, I don't remember where you are from, are you in the US? is "Intense" available there?

Comment

Originally posted by BigSpud
                                                      Quartz, I don't remember where you are from, are you in the US?
                                                      Quartz is from The Netherlands. Not very far away from me.

Lxm

Comment

Originally posted by BigSpud
                                                        That definitely sounds like its name. Quartz, I don't remember where you are from, are you in the US? is "Intense" available there?
                                                        Not sure, it's made by Kraft Foods/Côte d'Or (Belgium).

This is the 70% Intense, and I see there's one more thing to try next ... Ouch!

Comment

I've tried the "Sensations Brut" and it's worth its name. It is great for everyone who loves gark chocolate.
                                                          However it's a challenge to enjoy an entire tablet in only one evening.

Lxm

Comment

Originally posted by Luv_Red_Fuzz
                                                            Even better is to drink your coffee, and use the Tim Tam to suck up a glass of port. MMMMM!!

going home to try this tonight!

and these are my absolute faves, chilli and chocolate a match made in heaven.

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                                            Working...
                                                            X