mpeg viewers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mpeg viewers

The only two MPEG viewers that I know about are Microsoft and Real One. Those are both very basic. I'd like a viewer that
    can run forward and backward,
    can run at variable speeds,
    will allow stepping one frame at a time,
    can set up a repetitive loop over a short segment,
    is generally a better-designed product.
    Do members know of other viewers, and have recommendations?

This post mentions 1 I tried and it has some of what you want. I liked it better than REAL and MediaPlayer

Comment

Thanks BigSpud. I'll give it a try.

Comment

Media Player Classic?

Comment

BigSpud,

I downloaded the one that you tried, ('codecs-free' VLC: http://www.videolan.org/vlc/), and tried it myself. I like it well enough to switch. It has many more features than REAL and MediaPlayer. Some of the features seem to be a work in progress, though.

min

Comment

Hi MarcKJ,

Media Player Classic is a good one, definitely worth a try. I downloaded it from https://www.divx-digest.com/software...r_classic.html.

The player is simpler than the VLC, and more fully featured than the Microsoft player.

This player has a frame-step feature, something that I really wanted. The VLC player can slow to four frames per second, but can't step.

Also, the video is solid. It is possible to step one frame at a time, start/stop, adjust speed, re-position the slider bar, and go-to-time, and the picture quality stays good throughout. The VLC player has a problem (on my PC, with Windows XP,) where the video breaks up after re-positioning the slider bar. The video recovers, but can take several seconds to do so.

min

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
            Working...
            X