Video Problem (Windows Media Player 10)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video Problem (Windows Media Player 10)

Hi guys, have a slight issue with windows media play 10 and playing videos. Its not specificaly AW videos, which why I didn't go through the support, so maybe someone here can help.

Anyway recently upgraded to version 10 of media player, and ever since all my MPEG's now play like shit. The picture looks really light, almost like a TV which has had a lot of the colour taken out and the contrast turned up high. I also downloaded a new verson of realplayer and it does the same thing. I'm guessing its a codec issue, so does anyone know where I could get an apropriate codec that might fix the problem or have some other suggestions.

I thought there was a link in these boards but cannot find it anymore.

Thanks

Jimmy!

Can you play AVI or Quicktime MOV files at all, and do they do the same thing?

The MPEG codec we use is MPEG-1, which should be the most basic and default codec any Media Player has. It really sounds to me like your media players have had their gamma or brightness settings fiddled around with. Check the settings/preferences in the player for something like that.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply, you guys are good. You were most correct too, it was a gamma problem in the display settings of my monitor. How I managed to change that is beyond me as I didn't even know those pages were there (only just upgraded motherboard and OS to XP about 6 months ago) but it was fine until I upgraded media player.

Anyway all good thanks!

Jimmy

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
      Working...
      X