Large Pics...too large

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Large Pics...too large

I just joined the site....first let me say that i love it, Except for the fact that the pics are twice the size of my viewing window and i have to scroll around and can never view a pic all at once.
    Ive tried the direct option listed in the FAQ, but still no luck. Ive also changed some settings in my internet Explorer...still no luck.
    any ideas?

Hi Jeff,

Welcome to AW. You can download the pics and view them with ACDSee or Irfanview or something other than IE. Then you can scale them to fit your monitor.

Irfanview is a good start and the price is right (o.oo) http://www.irfanview.com/

I have a 1600x1200 monitor and love the pics because they fit my monitor so very nicely!

Big Spud

Comment

Get a bigger monitor!

Comment

Did you set your browser to resize the images?

Comment

i tried to resize images in IE, but it woudlnt give me the option to. under "advanced", there are no options. i have a 17inch monitor

Comment

I am using Firefox, have ticked the box in Advanced Options "Resize large images to fit in browser window" but does it do it? No! Both normal images and large size ones require use of the scroll bars. The LCD monitor is running at max resolution, 1280 x 1024.

Disappointing ~ sometimes you just want to look at a couple of pics, don't want to open ACDSee to do that...

Comment

Jeff,

What version of IE are you using? In IE 6.0 there is an option in Advanced, under Multimedia, that says "Enable Automatic Image Resizing".

Arsby

Comment

I use Opera and can easily resize a page (and the subsequent pages in that window) to larger or smaller. I have seen IE do the autoresize, but I don't know how to activate it.

Comment

Tick the "Open images in a new window" box on a model's bio page. Automatic Image Resizing cannot resize pictures that are embedded within HTML pages.

Comment

Actually I believe the problem is because he has an AOL version of IE, which has suppressed some of his options.

Comment

Or use Firefox (http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/) and the Image Zoom extension (http://imagezoom.yellowgorilla.net/). Perfect.

Comment

yeah. thanks for all of your suggestions. the support team really tried to help too. i guess it is aol thats mucking this up. anyoen else have aol?
                        right now im just downloading zip files....its a bit of an inconvieniece, but the site is so good, its worth it

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff15
                          right now im just downloading zip files...
                          In my eyes the best solution anyway. Finally you have the pics on your hard disk and if one day the set is removed or the site isn't available, you can still enjoy what you have.

Lxm

Comment

Originally posted by TheAtomicCrusher
                            Or use Firefox (http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/) and the Image Zoom extension (http://imagezoom.yellowgorilla.net/). Perfect.
                            Thanks Atomic Crusher...great tip. Installed it, finally figured out how to use it, looks really good.

M

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff15
                              yeah. thanks for all of your suggestions. the support team really tried to help too. i guess it is aol thats mucking this up. anyoen else have aol?
                              right now im just downloading zip files....its a bit of an inconvieniece, but the site is so good, its worth it
                              Yeah, that works great. If using Irfanview, try View->Display Options->Fit Images To (several options here, choose what you like best)

P.S. - ccbill chose this user id for me. should i keep it?

Comment

Originally posted by baboo
                                ...P.S. - ccbill chose this user id for me. should i keep it?
                                Do you like it? If so keep it!

Comment

P.S. - ccbill chose this user id for me. should i keep it?
                                  It depends on whether you like what it means...

baboo n. var. of babu.
                                  babu /"bA:bu:/ n. Also †-oo; B-.
                                  l18. [Hind. babu.]
                                  1 Orig., a Hindu title of respect. Later, a Hindu gentleman. l18e19.
                                  2 Hist. An Indian clerk or official who could write English; derog. an Indian, esp. in Bengal, who had had a superficial English education. m19.

Comment

I guess I'll keep it then (not that I know how to change it yet), even though "baboo" sounds a bit silly to me for a "title of respect". LOL

Comment

I guess I'll keep it then (not that I know how to change it yet), even though "baboo" sounds a bit silly to me for a "title of respect". LOL
                                      Google this: "charlie brown" baboo

Comment

Originally posted by BigSpud
                                        Google this: "charlie brown" baboo
                                        Hah! Well, Sally is cute, despite looking exactly like Charlie Brown, but with hair and wearing a dress.

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                        Working...
                                        X