Tattoos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tattoos

Is there is a hidden meaning with the single oriental symbol tattoo on the hip? I see an influx of models having one and just wondered.

Also does the right or left hip have any correlation like which ear a male wore an earring.

they see it on the tatoo parlour wall.

no doubt i will cop a lot of flack for this but in my honest opinion i dont think anyone can truly explain those single chinese/japanese charachter tatoos, unless they explain it by saying "everyone else was getting one" or "i was young"
    this is just from my general observation of these tatoos and maybe the girl in question can explain why/what. but let me put it like this do you really think there are chinese people walking around with the english language equivalent of these tats?
    Ok so flame away.

Comment

Hi unsuperman

Well, first of all, haven't noticed you around these parts before, so welcome.

Secondly, I have one of those tattoos, and I think that your sacrastic remarks are not really needed, thanks. Of course I am not stupid enough to think that Asian people have English letters tattoed on themselves, and there ain't any need to throw out silly remarks like that.

Let me put it this way: I got my tattoo because I damn well liked it.

Enjoy the site!

Susie

Comment

I met a girl once who had runes tattooed on her back. I asked her what they said, and she replied "Eat at Joe's".

Comment

Chinese/Japanese Characters

Originally posted by unsuperman
          do you really think there are chinese people walking around with the english language equivalent of these tats?
          Well, Japanese people, certainly. They wear them on their T-shirts. Here are a few I've just Googled:

Beach boy muscat soda
          Green Breeze Sound Sofa
          Outdoor Lifestyle
          Theme Zone
          Audio Shot Bar
          Imagination Studio
          Fashionable Picture Magazine
          Wild Idol Life
          Ultra Future Wave
          Man is the man
          Til the midnight
          Pure Sports Mind
          Hard Goods
          Brains Organic Form
          French Line

I don't believe for a minute that the wearers know what these mean. Indeed, some of them don't mean anything. Like Susie, they wear them because they damn well like them.

Comment

I was just thumbing thru the latest issue of Fashionable Picture Magazine, and its companion, Celebrity Drivel Weekly.

Gotta stay current

I would hate to think that anyone is tattoing English letters on themselves... especially if they have read Nathaniel Hawthorne

Comment

Well one "Charator" in Chiness can mean alot.
              As a tatoo, some are art others show a connection or an outlook on life.
              Why does a man have a an eagle on his arm, Was he in special forces in the service, or does he have a nature connection to ....

Bet he would not tell you.

Just never get a name tatoo while drunk LMAO.

Comment

hey susie thanks fo the welcome.
                i once tried to talk a girl out of one ofthese tats, but she had to have it. six months later
                she deeply regrets it. have another friend who has an ethiopian tribal tat? And she also deeply regrets that.
                Its just my personal belief that a tat should never be chosen from the flash cards on the wall. Unless its a tat of a wizard fighting a dragon thats wrapped around a castle over a background of the ace of spades, and a skull.
                oh and there should always be room for sarcasm.

Comment

I worked with a lovely girl whose tat read, Dedicated to the One I Love. Kinda covers a lotta bases, eh?

I don't mind 'em, unless they're gross or cliched. Occasionally I see someone who has huge areas covered with them. I shudder and admire their tolerance for pain.

I knew a girl who put on temporary tats in out of sight places. Sexy as hell...

Comment

I have two tats, both of which are symbols or characters of a foriegn langauge. They were both extremely well thought out, researched and had meanings which I considered important and personal. I dont think it's a mistake at all, and really couldnt give a #@$% what other people think. I got them for myself - isnt that the point?

Comment

If anyone sees one on a model and wants to know the meaning, you can ask me.
                      Last edited by Frans; 22 August 2009, 12:56 PM. Reason: use the EDIT button ;-)

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                      Working...
                      X