Poll: The Effect of Preview Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poll: The Effect of Preview Pics

Most of us are used to it by now, some of us don't even know better, but there was a time, not so long ago, when there were no preview pics for the image and video sets in the model bio pages.

This poll tries to answer the question how the preview pics have affected (y)our download behaviour when it comes to full image sets (the zips, not individual pics from the galleries) and video files.

Due to upcoming holidays this poll will run for 60 days. Votes are anonymous, unless you need/want to clarify voting for option 6.
    I download everything, regardless of preview pics
    35.29%
    I download less than I used to due to the preview pics
    9.80%
    I download more than I used to due to the preview pics
    11.76%
    I download about the same amount; the preview pics haven't changed that
    35.29%
    I hardly download anything, regardless of preview pics
    7.84%
    Other (post in thread to explain)
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Quartz; 27 May 2005, 04:53 PM.

I think the preview pics were in place when I subscribed in January, so I can't venture to say. I really like 'em--something to look forward to.

My downloading is reduced from earlier only because I have less time, dammit, due to work--arrgh!

Comment

I really like the previews (esp the vids) and I do look at more of the videos now than I used to. I used to be 95% no vids.

Comment

I wasn't a member of AW for long before the preview thumbnails started. However I can say what whets my appetite for downloading is comments on girls from other AW members in the forum discussions (I've found some real nuggets reading the forums - eg most recently Gabrielle how did I miss her before?!?).

Also I go through the Backstage galleries and if I see a girl I like the look of I use the show all imagesets function to find out her name and if I still like.... I download!

Comment

I didn't really like the idea of the preview pics at first but now that I'm used to them I do find them helpful especially the video previews. Regardless of the them I still download the whole set to look at.

Dave

Comment

In my words, preview pics in photo galleries spoils what ever unexpected surprizes might appear in the gallery no matter how good or bad it is. As for the videos it dose not show me much until I do all of the downloads.

From
            GCG71

Comment

I like having the preview pics, but they hardly affect my style of model appreciation. I've never downloaded more than a handful of stills — I've found it more convenient simply to view them on the website — and I choose what videos to download based on the written descriptions of them. I use the preview pics more as a guide to what I'm getting into: does she have pubic hair, how do these two girls look together, that sort of thing.

Comment

I wouldn't want to make a big deal out of it, but occasionally - since there have been preview pics - as Gerza comments, an element of surprise has been lost. (I usually download the zip rather than looking at the individual thumbs first)

The same, BTW, applies to the line on the bio page that shows what categories the set and/or model is in (e.g. if it says the model is in the full bush category, then that's an element of surprise gone).

As I said, it's not a big deal and I suspect the majority of people see both of these features as wholly positive so I will stop whinging now. Preview pics haven't changed my d/ling habits, but alas external factors mean I only seem to get here once a week recently

Comment

Please Keep the Previews

Not every type of shoot or every type of Young Lady appeals to to one and all. Therefore, I may reject a model on the grounds that it appears to not be an outside shoot or have a pee element only to find that it had what I liked by examining the previews.

Also, I like to be able to choose the shots from the Backstage sets rather than download the whole set.

I have also found far more pee shots, for instance, than if I just went to the Pee category.

So, from my point of view, no debate, keep the previews please. Pretty Please!!

Comment

Hi Nosbig,

I think there's a small confusion.

Nobody wants to remove the thumbnails of an imageset. They are useful to choose what to download for a lot of people.

We are speaking of the preview pictures on the bio pages. Are they useful, or do they spoil the surprise.

What's your opinion?

Lxm
                    Attached Files

Comment

Well you could take down the catigories, and bio's altogether and leave us completly in the dark

No really, their nice to give an "Idea", for those of us thats been here a while. We know!!! that it's just an idea. Hell some of the thumbs I have to expand to see the "Whole Picture".

I think there useful to go back and see/remember that set, did I see them, do I wish to look at them again.

New ones, as said we mostly all know there just a side of the ice-burg. anyone reading this thread, will know a lot of the pictures content (because thier reading the forum).

Originally posted by Luxman
                      We are speaking of the preview pictures on the bio pages. Are they useful, or do they spoil the surprise.

What's your opinion?

Lxm
                      IMHO

Duaane

Comment

Originally posted by Duaane
                        Well you could take down the catigories, and bio's altogether and leave us completly in the dark
                        So, if I understand you well, you are asking for a nice MS-DOS interface.
                        That would save a lot of work to Vid Dude.

Lxm

Comment

I won't be surprised until I actually come across a set where the girl doesn't get naked.

Comment

Originally posted by baboo
                            I won't be surprised until I actually come across a set where the girl doesn't get naked.
                            That would be a nice joke Abby could do one day.

Lxm

Comment

That would be a nice joke Abby could do one day.

Lxm
                              The thing with that is that no one ever knows when Abby is joking

Comment

Oh I would like it. I know others are into other systems. As I said before no Apple, or much anything other than MS/IBM here, and yes MS Dos will make 2 sections of vidio 1.

I just wanted to say let surfing be easier, on site, and the thumbs do that (while you are correct some people may miss something, thier not on the forums, or informed).

So, if I understand you well, you are asking for a nice MS-DOS interface.
                                That would save a lot of work to Vid Dude.

Lxm
                                Till the world all speaks one language, Vide Dude may have to work harder, a shame but copy rights laws, and BS. will keep him busy.

Comment

Originally posted by baboo
                                  Phuuhh, that happens all the time in everyday life .... and this is no joke - I usually only see the preview

Comment

Going back to the revised question as Luxman stated it (and going back to topic just to confuse you )...

I liked having fewer preview pics on the bio page, although I understand the design reasons for going to 5 instead of 3. Fewer preview pics=more chances for surprise.

I dunno. Sooner or later I find out what's in the images anyway. And there is an element of subtle surprise when I go from thumbnail to full-size; the girls generally get prettier. It's much easier to see the loveliness of their eyes full-size.

I guess the only way to have a real surprise would be an "Extra Special Surprise" banner that would link to a surprising photo. But I think that would drive Abby crazy trying to guess what surprises us and Willow and V. Dude crazy trying to implement and everyone crazy while we whinged about it.

And yes, it is hard to tell when Abby's kidding. Adds to the charm of the site. I am sending her a box of 's for future use.

Comment

Abby is never kidding. You better believe it!

Comment

Originally posted by Philos
                                        Abby is never kidding. You better believe it!
                                        If Abby is true blue then she is probably kidding at least half the time

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                        Working...
                                        X