PDA

View Full Version : cunny

OlderGuy
29th May 2005, 07:08 PM
:)
As a cat-lover, the misappropriation of the word "pussy" to refer to the female crotch has always puzzled me. Apart from some (variable) degree of furriness, I don't see much resemblance.
Whatever happened to the word "cunny"? Vulva and vagina sound very clinical and detached. Cunt and twat sound very coarse and disrespectful. Cunny sounds warm and friendly - think bunny, sunny, honey - and is unambiguous.
og

Luxman
29th May 2005, 07:16 PM
- think bunny, sunny, honey -
...funny...

Lxm

BigSpud
29th May 2005, 07:17 PM
I like quim.

I read too many book by Anonymous.

Darth Dave
29th May 2005, 07:19 PM
To me cunny sounds like something a kid would say.

Dave

Duaane
29th May 2005, 08:19 PM
Well I love "Pussy" as non clinic, and not too vulger.
I have used it in Russian, and it is catching on.
OK resemblances I feel. furry you mentioned, also if you stroke it right it purrs, if you stroke it the wrong way, it bits and scratch ;)

It also has a mind of it's own, and has strayed from it master (ok lust/love). Cunny sounds too close to cunt to my ears.

So will stick to pussy, everyone (Eng.) understands what I am talking about (as usually no-one is talking about pets, and sex at the same time).

As a cat-lover, the misappropriation of the word "pussy" to refer to the female crotch has always puzzled me. Apart from some (variable) degree of furriness, I don't see much resemblance

IMHO

Dafydd
29th May 2005, 09:51 PM
I've always thought "vulva" and "vagina" were thoroughly lovely words — it just gets my goat when Eve Enslerpeople use them as synonyms. (For the record, the "vagina" is the passageway from the uterus to the outside; the "vulva" is the complete set of external genital organs [vagina, labia, clitoris, etc.])

I can't say I see much difference between "cunny" and "cunt", as the former is obviously derived from the latter. I do find it significant, however, that "proper" terms for sex organs, male and female, all come from Latin or Greek — foregin languages languages of "science", langauges only the formally educated would know — while the words known by the "common" masses, the words derived from our own language's Anglo-Saxon origins, are all considered rude or obscene.

As for "pussy", well, I've grown up with cats myself, and never really had much occasion to use that word for a cat. I know that "pussy" means a female cat, the way "tom" refers to a male cat, and I've heard and read it used in that context, but I also know that "bitch" refers to a female dog (or wolf, or otter, or...), but I rarely find occasion to use that word in its rightful meaning anyway.
It seems that, in both cases, the slang has highjacked the word from its proper definition.

Then again, if some guy tells me that his girlfriend turns into a real bitch at a certain time of the month, I tend to wonder if he's dating a werewolf. :D

Philos
29th May 2005, 10:06 PM
I can't say I see much difference between "cunny" and "cunt", as the former is obviously derived from the latter.
I don't think so. According to the OED, Cunny is derived from the Old English word Cony, meaning rabbit or rabbit skin. Cunt is from Kunta, an ancient Norse word (not anglo-saxon), still used in this form in Norway and Sweden.

Quartz
29th May 2005, 10:18 PM
Cunt is from Kunta, an ancient Norse word (not anglo-saxon), still used in this form in Norway and Sweden.
The funny thing is: the Dutch word 'kont' comes from the same source. It means butt, though - reminiscent of the British/American divergence regarding 'fanny'. My etymological dictionary tells me 'kunta' is a nasalised form of the original word 'kut', with the original meaning of 'cunt' intact - the present-day meaning 'butt' is considered secondary.

The Dutch rude word for 'cunt' is 'kut', by the way.

artlover
29th May 2005, 10:34 PM
Cunny is a nice word--tho I have never used it. Actually I have come to appreciate cunt in a non-perjorative way. I remember my delight in reading a modern English translation of the Canterbury Tales and encountering "queinte", which I took to be a way of rendering vulgar slang without actually spelling it out.

Another tangent. Read a great article by a man who wanted to discuss obscene/vulgar words without resorting to euphemisms yet without offending traditionalists. His answer--pronouncing/spelling each word backwards: "cuff". "swerk" etc. A clever way to point out the absurdity of reacting to strongly to words referring to common activities.

BTW, the proper term for a female cat is not pussy but queen. Bet some lady cat thought that up.

I stayed a few months in a retreat center in Scotland. One morning before staff meeting I showed them pictures of my cat and my mom's cat. The ladies, who were proper church women, exclaimed "Look at [Artlover's] pussies". I smiled, said nothing to puncture their innocence and only wished for a pluralization of what had always been singular.

Any of you encountered any pet names that women gave to their privates? My ex-GF called her cunt "Marsha", which I quite liked. (Both the name and the named :) ). Her boobs were Hope and Grace, which came in handy when she needed to give me directions :)

Then there's that Seinfeld episode. "Mulva?"

sara
29th May 2005, 10:56 PM
Her boobs were Hope and Grace, which came in handy when she needed to give me directions :)

A former lover of mine tried that, but it was not of much use, as I could not tell the twins apart ;)

Philos
29th May 2005, 11:20 PM
Cunny is a nice word--tho I have never used it. Actually I have come to appreciate cunt in a non-perjorative way.
I think cunny is almost as pussy-footing as pussy. My American pen-friend used to refer to her cunny, but her husband and I, working in tandem, have taught her to call it a cunt without blushing.

Any of you encountered any pet names that women gave to their privates?
In Liverpool, when I was young, girls used to refer to their cunt as their Little Mary.

BigSpud
30th May 2005, 12:45 AM
I forget where it was now, but I saw a list of nick names/slang for male and female genitalia. The length of the guys list vs gals was in the same proportion as the external lengths of their respective reproductive organs. :)

Duaane
30th May 2005, 06:29 AM
Hummm, early morning here, in my natural deflated state "The List" must be very little <--------------------------------> that "lenght", and I added balls ^^^^ :rolleyes:

Now I could go re-check Penelope, McKenzie and the list would grow :)

The length of the guys list vs gals was in the same proportion as the external lengths of their respective reproductive organs. :)

Ozboy24
30th May 2005, 07:41 AM
i used kitten for ages until an ex picked it up and overdid it..... now i just use puss puss.

cunny is too close to cunt and 9/10 chicks i know detest the word so i steer well clear.

p.s. starting to like snapper too

Philos
30th May 2005, 09:02 AM
9/10 chicks i know detest the word
It's the other 1/10 you should concentrate on - they're more fun! :D

artlover
30th May 2005, 07:53 PM
When I hear snapper I think biting turtle, and that's somewhere I would rather not go. :)

I agree with Philos--go with that one-tenth. There's a good first-date ice-breaker: Hey, what do you call your vagina> I like to call it cunt myself. Then she will throw a glass of ice water on you and break the mood, hence, ice-breaker.

I could ask a lady to start using cunt, but I would rather focus on getting her to wear a French maid's outfit ;)

Cooze, anyone? Snatch? Poontang?

baboo
31st May 2005, 05:58 AM
I like pudenda, and so should you.

The latin origin is kind of fun, too.

malleswaram
31st May 2005, 11:47 AM
where i live, cunt or pussy is not known by 99 percent. It is either Thullu or Pooku. Cock is called as Thunne. I really wish that some one could find the long list of variants - where ever on web it is. Any flash - bigspud?

BigSpud
2nd June 2005, 01:57 PM
where i live, cunt or pussy is not known by 99 percent. It is either Thullu or Pooku. Cock is called as Thunne. I really wish that some one could find the long list of variants - where ever on web it is. Any flash - bigspud?How about this list (http://www.starma.com/penis/penis.html)? Google Search pussy cunt johnson dick member list

You can do the search and check further (I am on dialup for the next 3 weeks :( )

OlderGuy
2nd June 2005, 10:28 PM
where i live, cunt or pussy is not known by 99 percent. It is either Thullu or Pooku. Cock is called as Thunne. I really wish that some one could find the long list of variants - where ever on web it is. Any flash - bigspud? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_parts_slang

OlderGuy
2nd June 2005, 10:32 PM
Cunny sounds warm and friendly - think bunny, sunny, honey - and is unambiguous.
og At least, nobody added "money" to my list:)
og

Duaane
2nd June 2005, 11:35 PM
OG:

No money no honey :>)

Devil made me do it

Dafydd
2nd June 2005, 11:58 PM
I like pudenda, and so should you.
Absolutely not! It's the most despicable term out there. Do you know where it comes from? It comes from the Latin "pudere", which means "to be ashamed".

Genitals should never be associated with shame.

Duaane
3rd June 2005, 12:30 AM
I am getting to repect Dafydd:D

OlderGuy
5th June 2005, 01:57 PM
As a cat-lover, the misappropriation of the word "pussy" to refer to the female crotch has always puzzled me.
Now, that's a pussy:D
og

RedDruid2
5th June 2005, 03:06 PM
Pussy works for me. In the USA its pretty universally understood. Cunt seems rude. No women I've ever said it to has responded well. Cunny, bunny etc seem like internet euphmisms (sp) for underage, the kind of sites that keep lollipops and saddle shoes as standard props. Names like or related to food you like might make some sense, but lobster thermador seems a bit unweildy for the bedroom. I've never had a girl friend that named her body parts, so I'm not sure how that would go. But if she were to say "go down and pay Gerti some mind" I'm sure I'd catch on.

evangeline
18th June 2005, 07:13 PM
. It is either Thullu or Pooku.
Pooku is quite cute! But I've always prefered "Pussy". As Duaane said "furry you mentioned, also if you stroke it right it purrs, if you stroke it the wrong way, it bites and scratch ".
Also pussies need LOTS of love and attention and if they get ignored they get cranky!:D

baboo
19th June 2005, 01:05 AM
Absolutely not! It's the most despicable term out there. Do you know where it comes from? It comes from the Latin "pudere", which means "to be ashamed".

Wow, so many smart people around here. Yes, pudenda basically means "something to be ashamed of", but I still like it for that reason. We also refer to genitalia here in the neuter sense as "privates", which is a little more correct and less politically charged, but I wonder still if it's not what the ancient Italians were getting at. From what I understand, they weren't exactly modest. They had public bathrooms and bathhouses. They often infibulated the genitals of slaves. And though nudity wasn't exactly a big deal, certain things were still taboo. For example, it was considered distasteful for a man to expose his glans, a real problem for circumcised dude. More than likely, it was because exposing the glans is a sign of sexual arousal and not socially acceptable behavior in public. This is just a guess, but perhaps it was not ladylike for a woman to part her thighs, but to keep the pudenda somewhat hidden.

Anyway, anyone know the origin of the term "cooter"? I've noticed that many women here in the states actually like this term.

BigSpud
19th June 2005, 01:31 AM
I googled "cooter" and "genitals" and got this link (http://shenuts.com/index.php?p=82) among others. Running out of time to search further. Enjoy.

Kind of interesting to see the variations in names.

baboo
19th June 2005, 01:56 AM
Yeah, I know about turtles being called cooters, but dont' quite get the resemblance to a vag unless one thinks the head poking out is like a clit.

OlderGuy
19th June 2005, 02:18 AM
Yeah, I know about turtles being called cooters, but dont' quite get the resemblance to a vag unless one thinks the head poking out is like a clit. :)
Maybe a reference to the story of the hare and the tortoise - the tortoise was slow to come but beat the hare to the finish.
og

basileus1940
19th June 2005, 04:04 AM
When you were browsing in your dictionaries, did you notice that the word penis is from the Latin word for "tail"? The word vagina is from the Latin word for "sheath." Interestin, huh?

I dated a girl who called her pussy a "cooter." I liked "snatch," but she abhorred the word.

Philos
19th June 2005, 08:51 AM
See http://www.ingalagringa.com/ for a radical approach to the de-shaming of genitals.

Quartz
19th June 2005, 06:33 PM
Yes, pudenda basically means "something to be ashamed of", but I still like it for that reason. This is still very much prevalent in the Netherlands:

pubic hair = schaamhaar (shame hair)
pubic region = schaamstreek (shame region)
private parts = schaamdelen (shame parts)

The literal meaning (and the shame) is gone, but the words are still there.

Peter552
8th July 2005, 10:51 PM
As a cat-lover, the misappropriation of the word "pussy" to refer to the female crotch has always puzzled me. Apart from some (variable) degree of furriness, I don't see much resemblance.

I always assumed it was called 'pussy' because of the fur. In that respect, AW girls have more right to use the word than most of the other models on the net.
What I hate, though, is the term 'shaved pussy'. That conjures up some truly disturbing images.

In Ireland we say 'gee'.

hotdawg
12th July 2005, 01:29 PM
What I hate, though, is the term 'shaved pussy'. That conjures up some truly disturbing images.... Disturbing????? You mean like this kind of shaved pussy?? :D

artlover
12th July 2005, 10:02 PM
Awwww... poor widdle kitty kat! :(:(

Maybe you have seen this, but if not... :D

Peter552
13th July 2005, 12:23 AM
Disturbing????? You mean like this kind of shaved pussy?? :D
Hotdawg, I really didn't need to see that. I'll never be able to look at a 'shaved pussy' again - which might have catastrophic consequences for my love-life :(

Duaane
13th July 2005, 01:02 AM
LMAO, you guys have a sense of humor (what kind of ????)

Just don't go into pussy eatting, I see a Japanees girl, and (yuck). Do want to go there.

evangeline
15th July 2005, 10:22 PM
Has that kitty got saggy tits or am I imagining it?

evangeline
15th July 2005, 10:23 PM
Just don't go into pussy eatting.
Don't say things like that! :eek: You better be talking about pussy cats there or else I shall be very angry! :D

baboo
15th July 2005, 11:21 PM
I think kitty tits are a little lower down, but it does look like it.

evangeline
15th July 2005, 11:27 PM
I think kitty tits are a little lower down, but it does look like it.
It reminds me of Magda in "There's Something About Mary"....:p

baboo
15th July 2005, 11:41 PM
Lol!!

ham
16th July 2005, 04:58 PM
Am I loco, don't understand the thead, or doesn't anyone recognize a Beaver?

Peter552
17th July 2005, 03:28 PM
Am I loco, don't understand the thead, or doesn't anyone recognize a Beaver?
Ham, Artlover's pic was a beaver, but Hotdawg's was a pussy (and she did have tits like Magda's).

ham
17th July 2005, 04:09 PM
Yup..tnks

ham
17th July 2005, 04:21 PM
Since upddating my virus scan to McAfe 9.x My comp freezes,stalls etc. I get so frustrated at trying to get the scroll to work I sometimes skip over parts of screen. I now disable it when I view AW. My son is trying to get me to get a Mac as he thinks most of my many pblms will go away when I get rid of the registry. thks again.

alleyes1
17th July 2005, 06:12 PM
Since upddating my virus scan to McAfe 9.x My comp freezes,stalls etc. I get so frustrated at trying to get the scroll to work I sometimes skip over parts of screen. I now disable it when I view AW. My son is trying to get me to get a Mac as he thinks most of my many pblms will go away when I get rid of the registry. thks again. Ham, I use Mcafee Internet Security Suite (latest version) and haven't had any problems.The only real problems I've had was with their spamkiller because when I checked my email it was taking so long for it to check. i suspect if I had more RAM it would be ok.

Alleyes

piper5b03
17th July 2005, 07:22 PM
To me cunny sounds like something a kid would say.

Dave

Exactly. Boys have a pee-pee and girls have a cunny.

The sanskrit (Indian) word is yoni which means sacred place or sacred temple. That's a little far out to use in everyday speech. It's also known as lotus, flower, or the mysterious place or temple of mystery.

I've never been slapped for telling a date I'd like to solve her mystery or kiss her flower. Funny looks, but never slapped. And they usually figure out what I mean.

piper5b03
17th July 2005, 08:29 PM
Just don't go into pussy eatting, I see a Japanees girl, and (yuck). Do want to go there.

Eating pussy doesn't make any sense. There's hardly any meat, you're still hungry when you finish, it has no nutritional value, and if not prepared properly it can taste salty, bitter, or pugnent. Some say it tastes better if you remove the fur first, others like to keep it for appearances and presentation.

But dispite all the drawbacks, it's still SO much fun!

evangeline
17th July 2005, 09:27 PM
I've never been slapped for telling a date I'd like to solve her mystery or kiss her flower.
Hmm...I might try that out on a guy sometime.... "Could you kiss my flower please?"
Did you say it works? :p

But dispite all the drawbacks, it's still SO much fun!
A man after my own heart!

piper5b03
17th July 2005, 09:36 PM
A man after my own heart!

A compliment from Evangeline! I feel all warm and tingly. :o

Luxman
17th July 2005, 09:39 PM
Puis-je donner un bisou à ta fleur?

It sounds so nice in French, it's a wonderful language.

Lxm

artlover
18th July 2005, 03:03 AM
big smile when I read your thoughts on the phrase "eating pussy". An inadequate term for a wonderful gift that gives to the cunnilinger and the cunnilingee :) I think women like the "linger" part in the word I just made up.

Any nominations for a better phrase, Evangeline? Or anyone else?

BigSpud
18th July 2005, 03:59 AM
Puis-je donner un bisou à ta fleur?Do I dare ask my sister what this means? (She speaks fluent French)

Luxman
18th July 2005, 06:27 AM
Do I dare ask my sister what this means? (She speaks fluent French)
Just try and see what happens.

Lxm

P.S. You can tell us how she reacted when you'll be back from hospital. :)

artlover
18th July 2005, 01:08 PM
Let me give my high school French a try: May I give your flower a kiss? (I am assuming bisou is related to the verb baiser, to kiss.)

Luxman
18th July 2005, 06:45 PM
I am assuming bisou is related to the verb baiser, to kiss.
Ooh, be careful here, "baiser" is French for "to kiss", but it's also used for "to f**k".
Could be dangerous to say "Je veux baiser ta fleur".

Lxm

casgrain
18th July 2005, 07:47 PM
He,he,he, I'm having a blast in this thread, can't wait for his answer. Way to go Luxman.:D

casgrain

evangeline
18th July 2005, 08:16 PM
Any nominations for a better phrase, Evangeline? Or anyone else?A boyfriend of mine called it tasting the nectar.... (he was slightly weird though...)

THere is also: "Pousser la porte de son jardin" (literally "pushing open her garden gate").
Well, it was in the musical Notre Dame de Paris... :D

artlover
18th July 2005, 08:19 PM
Perhaps the English verb deflower is related to this. And yes, while it could be dangerous to use the verb baiser, it could also be delightful. :D And a slap is better than no attention at all... ;)

How's that, Cas? :D

evangeline
18th July 2005, 08:42 PM
Perhaps the English verb deflower is related to this.
Some of my friends (the shyer ones) talked about when "Je lui ai donné ma petite fleur" which means "When I gave him my little flower". I think that's quite a cute term for losing one's virginity. Miles better than "He popped my cherry"!

BigSpud
18th July 2005, 09:09 PM
He,he,he, I'm having a blast in this thread, can't wait for his answer. Way to go Luxman.:D

casgrainI am too scared to ask now. You guys would have been better off keeping quiet and letting me ask. :o :p :cool:

Philos
18th July 2005, 10:02 PM
Some of my friends (the shyer ones) talked about when "Je lui ai donné ma petite fleur" which means "When I gave him my little flower". I think that's quite a cute term for losing one's virginity. Miles better than "He popped my cherry"!
Is it a song?
Is it a drink??
Is it a range of tableware???

No! It's a Petite Fleur...

evangeline
18th July 2005, 10:18 PM
No! It's a Petite Fleur...
LOL!

(Petite fleur also means blossom)

casgrain
18th July 2005, 10:21 PM
Perhaps the English verb deflower is related to this. And yes, while it could be dangerous to use the verb baiser, it could also be delightful. And a slap is better than no attention at all...

How's that, Cas? :D
Not bad at all my friend. "Deflower" would be "déflorer" or "défloraison", in french, it also means for a girl to lose her virginity. You've done your exercise pretty well.:)
But a slap instead of no attention, I'm not so sure.:o

evangeline
18th July 2005, 10:55 PM
But a slap instead of no attention, I'm not so sure.:oYeah...as if you've ever been slapped! <3

You've done your exercise pretty well.Yeah, well, I went to french schools so one picks up the slang pretty easily!

artlover
19th July 2005, 12:36 AM
If you ever change your mind
Which you do from time to time
Never chew a pickle
With a little slap and tickle
You have to throw the stone
To get the pool to ripple

thought I would Squeeze that in... :)

casgrain
19th July 2005, 01:01 AM
Yeah...as if you've ever been slapped! <3
I must admit with regrets that I've never been.:(

Yeah, well, I went to french schools so one picks up the slang pretty easily!
Quite true, and I'd be surprise how much more you've picked up? :D

casgrain

evangeline
19th July 2005, 11:27 PM
If you ever change your mind
Which you do from time to time
Never chew a pickle

thought I would Squeeze that in...:)Um.... :rolleyes:

I must admit with regrets that I've never been.
Aww! *Slaps you gently* <3

Quite true, and I'd be surprise how much more you've picked up?
I thought it very amusing when my friend said that I was "en train de caresser sa chatte"
Of course her cat Lea didn't mind at all! :D
And if I get really annoyed I come out with "p*tain de merde!". Sorry, just can't stop!
And someone else taught me to swear like a Marseillaise! But I won't write that here because it's just too vulgar!
But my favourite is "J'ai la flem". Describes the feeling perfectly.

casgrain
20th July 2005, 01:42 AM
Aww! *Slaps you gently* <3
Being slapped by somebody with an angry face, I could not accept, but being slapped by someone with your smile, and your nice little hands, well I suppose I wouldn't mind so much.:)

And if I get really annoyed I come out with "p*tain de merde!". Sorry, just can't stop!
That's hardly swearing for me, I've heard much worse than that.

And someone else taught me to swear like a Marseillaise! But I won't write that here because it's just too vulgar!But my favourite is "J'ai la flem". Describes the feeling perfectly.
I wouldn't know swearing "a la Marseillaise", I don't think I've ever heard any, not over here anyway, and "J'ai la flem", I've never heard and I don't know how to translate that into French Canadian. You tell me. :confused:

casgrain

artlover
20th July 2005, 02:50 AM
Never chew a pickle

Um.... :rolleyes:
Darn. I was hoping you understood it. :D

Luxman
20th July 2005, 05:51 AM
"J'ai la flem", I've never heard and I don't know how to translate that into French Canadian.
"J'ai la flemme." -> "I'm to lazy to do anything", also used for "I'm fed up" and "I'm sad", or all three together.

Lxm

evangeline
21st July 2005, 11:31 PM
"J'ai la flemme." -> "I'm to lazy to do anything", also used for "I'm fed up" and "I'm sad", or all three together.

I've never actually used it for "I'm sad"... the other two are right though. I just find it conveys so much more than just "I'm feeling lazy" or "I can't be bothered".

I wouldn't know swearing "a la Marseillaise", I don't think I've ever heard any, not over here anywayThe Marseillais are reputed to be the biggest swearers in France. They use "putain con" (or rather "p'teincon") instead of the ..virgule....(apostrophe or comma? I can never remember the english word. It's this anyway: ,). They also grope their own balls a lot too. (Ok, that's just a stereotype!)

BigSpud
22nd July 2005, 01:24 AM
...It's this anyway: ,). ...That is a comma!

That is the only part of this conversation I can understand!

Philos
22nd July 2005, 02:11 AM
The Marseillais are reputed to be the biggest swearers in France. They use "putain con" (or rather "p'teincon") instead of the ... comma. They also grope their own balls a lot too...)
Is that why the French national anthem is called La Marseillaise? :D

backpocket
22nd July 2005, 08:36 AM
Ooh, be careful here, "baiser" is French for "to kiss", but it's also used for "to f**k".
Could be dangerous to say "Je veux baiser ta fleur".

Lxm
Luxman,

Is the slang: Zig Zig le fig???:cool:

bp

artlover
22nd July 2005, 02:09 PM
They also grope their own balls a lot too Over here we call that being a baseball player. :D Or Roseanne Arnold. :D

Evangeline, you remind me of me. A girl in high school, who I desperately wanted to see naked, wrote in my yearbook that I had a clean heart and a dirty mind. Best of both worlds if you ask me. :D

evangeline
23rd July 2005, 11:42 AM
Evangeline, you remind me of me. A girl in high school, who I desperately wanted to see naked, wrote in my yearbook that I had a clean heart and a dirty mind. Best of both worlds if you ask me. :D
Yeah...we get to have lots of fun with the dirty mind but the clean heart stops us getting in trouble! (And it stops the girls with dirty minds from being seen as sluts....)

artlover
23rd July 2005, 06:32 PM
Sometimes I think "slut" is the jerk-guy code word for "she refused me" :D.

evangeline
23rd July 2005, 09:05 PM
Hmmm.... Yeah.... There are some twats out there.
I got called wanton the other day. For trying to corrupt my guy-whose-desk-I-sit-on. And I'm not sure if the guy was joking or not. For some reason I've got quite a reputation at work (maybe because of the time I went out with a few colleagues, rode on a mechanical bull and snogged 2 barmen and 2 bouncers) but I'm a good girl really. :(

artlover
23rd July 2005, 10:39 PM
And I'm not sure if the guy was joking or not. 1. He's a prude.
2. He's a lawyer.
3. He's jealous.

My money is on #3. ("Wanton" as in "wantin' to..." :D )

Must try some of this "snogging". Sounds like fun. :D

Wait a minute! Maybe I have done some snogging!!

What is it? ;)

ham
24th July 2005, 07:09 PM
WIKI says snogged is same as French kiss.

pjay
24th July 2005, 09:19 PM
WIKI says snogged is same as French kiss.

Probably technically correct, but it fails to capture the tone. Mark 'snogged' down as an untranslatable Briticism.

(Does 'snog' occur in Aussie English too?)

evangeline
25th July 2005, 09:22 PM
Probably technically correct, but it fails to capture the tone. Mark 'snogged' down as an untranslatable Briticism.
French kiss is more for long lingering kisses whilst snogging is more ....um... more.... not frantic but... I don't know. :confused:

ham
25th July 2005, 10:40 PM
I understand.

artlover
25th July 2005, 10:45 PM
I used to watch "As Time Goes By". In one episode, Geoffrey Palmer's character is waiting at a photo booth while a young couple are laughing and giggling inside. He finally loses patience and thrusts aside the curtain--he excuses this intrusion by saying that he thought the two were snogging. The girl is amused that an older man knows the word, and the boy accuses him of being a dirty old man. Hehe. So I knew that snogging involved more than a peck on the cheek. (Great show, by the way, co-starring the redoubtale Dame Judi Dench.)

Perhaps I should do a research study to determine what snogging actually is. I could use a lovely, smart research assistant with a good knowledge of IT. Any volunteers...? Maybe the girl over there dangling her legs on that desk again... ? :D

jseas
25th July 2005, 11:16 PM

Or, more likely, "I wouldn't even have a chance with her."

evangeline
27th July 2005, 08:01 PM
I used to watch "As Time Goes By".
(Great show, by the way, co-starring the redoubtale Dame Judi Dench.)Yay! I loved that series. It was so funny and had hardly any sex in it. As much as I love sex (mmmmmmm....sex!) um... where was I ..... Oh yeah. As much as I love sex, it's used far too much to make things funny.

Perhaps I should do a research study to determine what snogging actually is. I could use a lovely, smart research assistant with a good knowledge of IT. Any volunteers...? Maybe the girl over there dangling her legs on that desk again... ? :D
Ooooh! Me! I'll do it! Me! Me!

artlover
27th July 2005, 08:54 PM
Ooooh! Me! I'll do it! Me! Me
I was hoping you would notice.:D I will be emailing the research protocols and a carton of dental floss. For the experimental portion of the study, of course. :D And in honor of Mrs. Roops' profession.

evangeline
27th July 2005, 09:06 PM
I was hoping you would notice.:D I will be emailing the research protocols and a carton of dental floss. For the experimental portion of the study, of course. :D And in honor of Mrs. Roops' profession.
Will I be part of the experimental portion or must I find 2 people who will "snog" with me watching? :p

remigius
29th March 2013, 03:31 PM

According to Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vulva#Etymology): The word vulva was taken from the Medieval Latin word volva or vulva ("womb, female genitals"), probably from the Old Latin volvere ("to roll"; lit. "wrapper"). This is similar to Sanskrit word ulva ("womb").[17]