PDA

View Full Version : Hey Firefox users

artlover
22nd July 2005, 03:22 PM
New version of Firefox out--1.0.6.

alleyes1
23rd July 2005, 04:20 AM
Thanks Artlover! Somehow I missed 1.0.5 :)

Alleyes

Ozboy24
23rd July 2005, 11:18 AM
me too

Arrowhead
24th July 2005, 02:32 AM
Are there any big enhancements? Last time I upgraded Firefox I lost a stack of bookmarks for some reason, so I want to be sure it's worthwhile before I do so again.

artlover
24th July 2005, 03:11 AM
I can't detect any differences. The update announcement said the update was meant to fix some security problems. The past two updates have left my bookmarks alone, but if you want to be really safe you could go into the Firefox directory and make a backup copy of them. I only use Firefox as a browser, not a development tool, so there are a lot of enhancements I wouldn't notice. The guy who invented the tabs should get an award. Hell, I just like having at least one functionality that didn't spring from the head of Bill Gates. :D

Luxman
24th July 2005, 09:32 AM
Hell, I just like having at least one functionality that didn't spring from the head of Bill Gates. :D
Well there's not much that did spring from the head of Bill.
Most of their stuff is bought or stolen borrowed from others.

I think he wrote MS-Basic and the Applesoft Basic interpreter for the Apple II. That's 30 years ago.

Lxm

artlover
24th July 2005, 01:55 PM
Good point.

timbit
25th July 2005, 04:20 AM
Hell, I just like having at least one functionality that didn't spring from the head of Bill Gates. :D

Not his head, his wallet :)

Timbit