Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

National Geographic -- The March of the Penguins

Really cool (pun intended).

I saw this today and was fairly impressed. It was a hot day and I decided to go to the movies to check out all the bare midriffs. That is about as wild as it gets here.

The penguins were amazing. It is quite a story of true love and devotion. Definitely 3.5 stars. If you are interested in nature films this is an excellent one. If you need a car chase to keep you awake, this is not the movie for you.

Hehehe, Spud, a man after my heart. It's hot and humid over here, but I make it a point to leave the house regularly and eye the talent, so to speak. National Geographic's work is always top-notch, and manages to avoid the usual animal film cliches. Gotta be careful with penguins, tho--it's very tempting for an editor to lay a jolly music track on those funny critters.

I keep hear about this penguin that Abby apparently uses to loosen up the models. If we can't see Abby, can we at least see her penguin?

National Geographic (and the Sears catalog) played a vital role in my sexual awakening. For several years tho I thought women's breasts were naturally pendulous, and was rather amazed to see the Playboy girls, whose titties were much higher up.

Comment

Originally posted by artlover
      If we can't see Abby, can we at least see her penguin?
      Sure, she has got it with her Linux box.

Lxm
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by artlover
        ... National Geographic (and the Sears catalog) played a vital role in my sexual awakening. For several years tho I thought women's breasts were naturally pendulous, and was rather amazed to see the Playboy girls, whose titties were much higher up.
        It was for me too.

But I had the idea that breasts should stick out like cones and have big puffy nipples as shown on the girls more my age. I still like them that way today (Isabella, Joey and Roberta come to mind).

Comment

What makes this documentary any different to something you can see on the Discovery Channel?

Comment

Originally posted by Vid Dude
            What makes this documentary any different to something you can see on the Discovery Channel?
            I think it is probably not all that much different except for scope. I haven't watched the Discovery Channel in a long time so I can't speak to that directly.

It is really something to see it all on the big screen. That was another reason that I wanted to go see it in a theater. It was a typical National Geographic job, (like a typical AW shoot) extremely well done. I am amazed at what the penguins (and the film crew) had to endure down there. It gets cold where I live (I have experienced -35c) but that is warm compared to -80(f or c) and that is before wind is factored in.

In short, it was a wonderful visual experience.

Comment

the discovery channel has to blur out the penguins naughty bits...where as in the theatre they are shown really really really big on screen unblurred....i guess if your into that sort of thing then it's just peachy.....

just kidding....but maybe i'm not....i haven't seen the film.....

now i am picturing a photoshoot with a penguin......unshaved.....full bush....on the couch.....haha....and the video would have the surprise ending of someone knocking on the door....and the penguin freaks out....thinking that it's boyfriend is home....

Comment

French credit.

Hey !
                Just a patriotic post to tell everyone that "The March of the Penguins" is a French Flick (french title being "La Marche de l'Empereur"). The score is incredible, it's from Emily Simon who's an independent emerging artist here. I really like her stuff, and she did a great job for her first movie soundtrack.
                So BRAVO !

Comment

now i am picturing a photoshoot with a penguin.
                  bravely going where no one has gone before (or ever will)...

Comment

Originally posted by Byeandbye
                    Hey !
                    Just a patriotic post to tell everyone that "The March of the Penguins" is a French Flick (french title being "La Marche de l'Empereur"). The score is incredible, it's from Emily Simon who's an independent emerging artist here. I really like her stuff, and she did a great job for her first movie soundtrack.
                    So BRAVO !
                    Yes, the music was really fantastic. I commented to myself at the time, but forgot to mention it in the comparison to DC films.

Comment

Penguins are quite common in Australia, I guess they make good pets too.

Comment

You're not allowed to keep penguins as pets. They're a protected species.

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                        Working...
                        X