in case anyone cares to take a look

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

in case anyone cares to take a look

I was surfing around the net lastnight and came across the website for my dad and his artwork, he is really a very good artist if any wants to take a look

Hi Presto,

I took a look. Very, very nice work. You can be very proud of him and his work. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Very impressive.

Do you inherit any of your Dad's artistic abilities?

Comment

Thanks, I am proud to have a father as talented as him.

yeah, can draw pretty good when I keep up with the practicing, I am trying to start my own comic strip..I'll let you all know if it takes off.

Comment

Wow, a comic strip. How exciting! Would you mind sharing the premise of it with us?

Comment

I am very impressed with your father's work. He has a real gift for the evocative pose and the face with character. He obviously loves his subject. Thanks for sharing this. I'll bet you're pretty damn good, too--art tends to run in families. Would love to see a sample of your work.

Comment

well I wanna name my comic strip "whats the prize?"
              kind of a play on, the everyday stuff we all go threw, you know you put up with all that life can throw at you, whats the prize?

once I get some stuff scanned I will have to show everyone...plus you all can tell me what sucks and what doesnt...but rememeber if your negitive I will torment you in a comic

Comment

Originally posted by artlover
                I am very impressed with your father's work. He has a real gift for the evocative pose and the face with character.
                and he has taught me a lot, I've learned alot from him about how the human form should look in many different ways of expressing themselves.

Comment

Hi Presto
                  Don't know much about this kind of artwork but this sure is very impressive. I always wondered how an artist can build up such complex structures out of bronze (or whatever material), amazing. Hehe, I found my favourite sculpture

What is all about Sassy, anybody knows her story? She seems to be a tough girl.

Yealith

Comment

Originally posted by Yealith
                    Hi Presto
                    Don't know much about this kind of artwork but this sure is very impressive. I always wondered how an artist can build up such complex structures out of bronze (or whatever material), amazing. Hehe, I found my favourite sculpture

What is all about Sassy, anybody knows her story? She seems to be a tough girl.

Yealith
                    Hi Yealith, nice to meet you

he starts out making the statue with either clay or wax...(god the stuff was all over the house growning up,infact I am still pulling it out of my ears and such)
                    but after he makes it in wax he takes the statue to a foundry where they make a mold of the statue.
                    and once that mold had hardend up after a few days they melt down the bronze and pour it into the mold...its really a very neat thing to watch, cause they cut the statue all up into about 4 different molds, then kind of weld the whole statue back together after the bronze has cooled...then once the statue is all whole again, they use a paint brush to put this acid on the bronze then hit the area with a tourch...the acid and the flame of the tourch give you different colors in the bronze, and sometimes my father even hand paints some of the finished bronzes..

and Sassy came about cause he wanted to make a bronze peice about a kind of tough cowgirl..hench Sassy.

Comment

Wow, thank you Presto for the quick lesson on that, very interesting, at least I have an idea now. Really sounds like he needs several significant skills for that special work. Must have a close look next time I come across a bronze statue ......... at least as close as we do it here

Comment

Thanks Presto, your father's sculpture is outstanding!

Comment

Originally posted by presto
                          I was surfing around the net lastnight and came across the website for my dad and his artwork, he is really a very good artist if any wants to take a look

www.bronzesbylemon.com
                          Presto; Not "very good" but fantastic. I am sending the hyoer to my Muzzle loading partner in Kentucky. He moved several years ago but he, unlike me, continues going to rondeviouxs. The accurate detail is great and unusual. I can't even pick a favourite from the website!

Comment

I have a friend who's a sculptor. His work doesn't involve casting, but it is exacting. He uses a blowtorch and paint. It's been a long way from a man with a chisel contemplating a piece of marble...

Comment

Originally posted by artlover
                              It's been a long way from a man with a chisel contemplating a piece of marble...
                              now thats something I would like to see, that is a art form that I would love to learn..

Comment

Years ago I read about Michelangelo in The Agony and the Ecstasy. It really gave me a sense of how difficult a medium it was. And of course, even then, marble was bloody expensive. And look what Henry Moore did.

Like other folks, I really liked Sassy. A lot of artists would have given her a conventionally pretty face, but your dad went for that lean, angular look that a lot of outdoors women have. Still you can detect nice curves underneath...

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                Working...
                                X