Any other men wear kilts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any other men wear kilts?

Just recently, I went to a festival, and for the occasion I bought a kilt. And wore it in the traditional style. WOW! How, er, freeing. Breezy even. Was just wondering if anyone else among this obviously free thinking and worldly bunch wears them? And how: tartan or non-tartan, authentic or with undies, with full highlands regalia or just winging it. Mine came (at a rather reasonable price) from Sportkilt.com. The site has some rather cool pics of men from around the globe in 'action' as it were. Mine is Irish National tartan, which is a nice green based (can ya believe it) plaid. At the festival I teamed it up with a black tee shirt featuring a bit of knotwork, and the words of wisdom, "Get twisted", from a pub in Halifax, NS, Canada. Is it a tradition or entertainment among the Aussies?

Kilts are very comfortable. As a child, I wore one in a production of Brigadoon.

Old joke. A drunk Scotsman wakes up by the side of the road. His kilt is wrinkled and a blue ribbon is attached to his penis. He looks at this and says "I do na know where ye were, but we've clearly won first prize!"

Comment

The old ones are best

Queen Victoria: Is anything worn under the kilt?

Scots soldier: Nae Ma'am, everything is in perfect working order!

Comment

Originally posted by artlover
        Old joke. A drunk Scotsman wakes up by the side of the road. His kilt is wrinkled and a blue ribbon is attached to his penis. He looks at this and says "I do na know where ye were, but we've clearly won first prize!"
        Actually, originally a song:

Well, a Scotsman, clad in kilt, left the bar one evenin' fair.
        One could tell by how he walked he'd drank more than his share.
        He staggered on until he could no longer keep his feet.
        He stumbled off into the grass to sleep beside his sheep.

CHORUS:
        Ring ding diddle-iddle eye di oh!
        Ring ding diddly eye oh!

He stumbled off into the grass to sleep beside his sheep.

Later on, two young and lovely girls did happen by.
        One says to the other with a twinkle in her eye,
        "See yon sleepin' Scotsman, so strong and handsome built?
        I wonder if it's true what they don't wear beneath their kilt."

CHORUS

"I wonder if it's true what they don't wear beneath their kilt."

So, they snuck up to that sleepin' Scotsman quiet as can be.
        They lifted up his kilt about three feet so they might see.
        And there, behold, for them to view beneath his Scottish skirt
        Was nothin' but what God had graced him with upon his birth.

CHORUS

Was nothin' but what God had graced him with upon his birth.

They marvelled for a moment then one said, "We must be gone.
        Let's leave a present for our friend before we move along."
        As a gift, they tied a blue silk ribbon oh so tenderly
        In a bow around the object of their... curiosity.

CHORUS

In a bow around the object of their... curiosity.

Well, the Scotsman woke to nature's call and stumbled to the trees.
        Behind a bush he lifts his kilt and gawks at what he sees!
        In a startled voice he cries aloud to what's before his eyes...
        "My friend, I don't know where you've been but I see you've won first prize!"

CHORUS

"My friend, I don't know where you've been but I see you've won first prize!"

Comment

Hehehee, thanks fellas!

Comment

Another kilt song.

and another Scots joke:

"Morag, Morag, where's your highland hospitality? Arch your back girl and keep the good gentleman's balls off the cold stone hearth!"

Comment

boys in kilts

Yes guys im another whose worn the kilt. Im an aussie born guy but with pure Scots breeding, to put it in an agricultural way . The school i went to had a Scottish tradition and as a mamber of its cadet corps i was obliged to wear the kilt for formal occasions and parades. I loved it and still would wear one if i could. The freedom from the restriction that pants cause was just amazing ,especially for teenage boys who have the odd preoblem with unwanted enlargement problems in the croth area . The dare was always on amongst us all to see who was brave enough to go traditional - as the Scots dont wear any undergarments. I did it quite often but the usual problem was once anyone knew you were knickerless they would spend the day trying to flip your kilt up to expose the fact to anyone nearby. Not that its easy to flip up a kilt they are very very heavy if made in the tradtional way. The one thing i did discover was that having the tackle swinging in the breeze ( and im sure that cold air does rise depite what my physics teacher taught me) must have a positive affect on its natural function because i would get very needy several times a day - far more than when wearing trousers. I have to say that the couple of girl friends i had at that time both adored the kilt - they said it looked great but they both loved the easy access it gave when we were pashing after school LOL. Bit of a role reversal i guess. Screwing wearing a kilt is also great fun and very easy as im sure anyone can imagine. As you see i have very fond memories of my kilt days.

Comment

Philos, you should start your own website of racy jokes, fine old songs, photos of the nether regions, philosophical musings, and a guest blog by Mrs. Roops! I'd pay.

Comment

Originally posted by artlover
                  Philos, you should start your own website of racy jokes, fine old songs, photos of the nether regions, philosophical musings, and a guest blog by Mrs. Roops! I'd pay.
                  Ha!!! I'd be useless at guest blogging or any blog for that matter. Best ask Hubby (though all you'll get is right-wing rants!!!), Evangaline, or Liandra.

Comment

I find that hard to believe, given your fertile imagination. You could dispense practical sexual and dental advice, along with observations of the loveliness of Wales. Plus, maybemaybe, the occasional racy pic. The Mr. could have his own right-wing rant blog for those who enjoy those things... Hmmm, maybe I should start a left-wing rant blog to provide balance, along with naughty pics of... well... not me.

Comment

If Mrs Roops won't play, here's another dentist who might
                      Attached Files

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                      Working...
                      X