Video Taping Photo Shoots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video Taping Photo Shoots

Since you already photograaph the video shoots and put those in the backstage area, why not video tape the photo shoots as well? Your FAQ mentions that you do each scene twice, once for stills & once for video. It might be pretty interesting to see the video of a still photo session.

Aha! Here you've hit a nerve, doubtboy.

You've probably noticed how wonderfully loose and comfortable the models look during the shoots.
    You've noticed how brilliantly Abby captures the personality of the models.

Well, Abby uses special methods to get the models comfortable, loose and playful.

And those methods are a trade secret. I think it mentions this in the FAQ, not sure.

As a matter of fact, I've seen videos of photo shoots from ALS (I'm sure) and Teenflood (I think) and I didn't think they were very interesting. A lot of preparation, sitting around, and holding still for shots. You'd think you'd get a sense of the model's personality, but the model for the most part was just taking orders and asking if that's what the photographer wanted. The best part of the ALS one is where they use a basting brush to paint vegetable oil on the model's genitals. Gooky stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by arsby
      The best part of the ALS one is where they use a basting brush to paint vegetable oil on the model's genitals. Gooky stuff.
      Blimey. I've seen a fair few ALS shots on the net, and it's always been clear that some sort of artificial glosser was being applied, but I'd assumed it was some kind of clear lube. Vegetable oil, though. Ye gods!

As to doubtboy's query - I believe some of the early videos were shot contemporaneously with the photo shoot - which is one of the reasons they have music rather than live sound. I don't think any of them aim to highlight the shoot itself and the team moved away from doing that so that they could add live sound and avoid flash etc.

Comment

The Truth

So what you're saying when you talk about "trade sectrets", Asby, is that the models are actually life-like mannequins and the videos are actually created through clever use of CGI and computer animation? Right?

Comment

Almost. Arsby himself is a life-like mannequin. Everyone on AW is real.

Comment

That's the first time anyone has called me "life-like". "Somnolent" is the word they usually use.

And Doubtboy, it's probably because it's morning and I'm a little dimwitted, but I can't figure out how you come to the conclusion that "the models are actually life-like mannequins and the videos are actually created through clever use of CGI and computer animation" out of what I wrote about trade secrets. Educate me, please.

Comment

Last year sometime before Christmas, after a post from someone here, I took out a month's sub to Petter Hegre's site (he has some beautiful women there) however I was somewhat disappointed.

A fair number of the videos on his site are of still photo shoots. I would guess that he always has a video camera running to produce a record which would be evidence if any models complained of harassment. The videos are mainly fairly boring and I really got pissed off with the sight of him showing the back of the camera to a model to show her a photo he had just taken.

He obviously figures in much of the video footage and I would guess that is one reason why Abby might steer clear of this technique as she is reluctant to appear on her site.

Why was I disappointed? Well there didn't seem to be a real narrative to the shoots: Abby's shoots always head in the same direction Clothed -> Nude (except for the Dressing Room one's of course) - and they often go further; you can rely on Abby. Hegre's don't always get to the nude stage and rarely show the intimate shots we love so much here (or some of us do!)

Jorinel

Comment

Arsby, it was just a joke. What I was getting at by inventing such an outlandish "secret" was that I think what Abby does is so unique, I don't think it would matter all that much if her secrets were revealed. No one could imitate them succesfully anyway. Not that I begrudge you the privilage and right to keep some things to yourselves. But it's like saying that if somebody watched a video of The Beatles' recording sessions they could go out and make their own Abby(!) Road. Still, it's your site and it's a great one. So keep on doing what you do.

Comment

the recent pool girl girl video was a photoshoot, i think they need a behind the scenes video

maybe they can try just for something different and fun

Comment

Originally posted by doubtboy
                    Arsby, it was just a joke. What I was getting at by inventing such an outlandish "secret" was that I think what Abby does is so unique, I don't think it would matter all that much if her secrets were revealed. No one could imitate them succesfully anyway...
                    So you're saying that as a result of my muddyheadedness of the morning I lost my sense of humor. Fair 'nuff. Can't argue.

You're probably right that it wouldn't matter if her secrets were revealed, but she's not going to reveal them nonetheless. So there. :P

Hmmm. Cybermodels would be cheaper than real ones. Wanna go into business?

Comment

Playboy has been using cybermodels for years. Hell, I remember them when, after you have looked at the girls, you had some really good articles to read. Don't get me started on Esquire...

Comment

Yeah, but the damn Playboy cybermodels had staples in their middles. My cybermodels won't!

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                        Working...
                        X